HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:50 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSpunUp View Post
Ill keep yall posted and if it flies great ill try to get a video in...
nice. can't wait for the video.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2011, 05:14 PM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
well she ready....I double and tripple checked the swash and tail correcting in the rite direction, Just gotta check the piro optomization and install the new wheels....Everything feels really good...all surfaces are working properly and smooth, tilt the heli the gyro tilts the swash smoothly.....swash mooves up and down level from full neg to full positive....I gotta say for 60 bux im so far satisfied.....Hopefull it flies like it should...Here is some static pictures to hold ya over for a video....
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:33 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
iflyraptor's site is excellent, but one thing I disagree with is step 32 & 33, the setting of the limits:
Quote:
32. Use the Aileron stick to get to Aileron Limit (red 3). The pitch gauge will indicate the cyclic input. With my setup it was 6 degrees which is what I wanted so I left it there. If you want to increase or decrease the range then use the rudder stick to do so.
33. Use the Aileron stick to get to Elevator Limit (red 4). Position the main blade to point out the side of the helicopter. Check the cyclic pitch range and make it the same as you did for the Aileron.
The cyclic limits are purely to stop servo binding and should be given as much range as possible, like the tail. See this post as to the reason why:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=46
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Nov 01, 2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 08:23 AM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
190 Posts
Hi Allup,

Beautiful heli! I am waiting on my unit and trying to get a feel for the setup.

Are those servo boosters in line with your servos? I have to run those on some of my recent digitals to eliminate odd behavior (flutter) with DSM2 receivers.

Terry
exblade is offline Find More Posts by exblade
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
Hi Allup,

Beautiful heli! I am waiting on my unit and trying to get a feel for the setup.

Are those servo boosters in line with your servos? I have to run those on some of my recent digitals to eliminate odd behavior (flutter) with DSM2 receivers.

Terry
terry,

thanks for the compliment....No they are just servo clips to hold the servo extention to the servo....Just to keep them from coming unpluged....

Setup isnt to bad...Just make sure you pay attn to channel you hold to enter menu...ie. Rudder or aileron......There is two setup menu's and you dont want to get on the wrong one and make changes thinking its something else....Just read through the setup procedure and have it close by when your doing it....Shouldnt have any problems.....

Not sure Im gonna get my re maiden in today....Didnt make it to the field this morning and the honey do list is growing by the second.....MAybe next friday or this eve just hovering in the front yard......Well see....
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:04 PM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Hi Guys

Itís been mentioned a few time that a FBLess system could help with the learning curve and just wondered if this is the general consensus.
Iím a bit of an old boy and have been struggling to master my 450 for some time I can hover no problem and do a very scruffy lazy 8 and I wonder if a system like this may help me move on a bit with my flying any thoughts?

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright View Post
Hi Guys

Itís been mentioned a few time that a FBLess system could help with the learning curve and just wondered if this is the general consensus.
Iím a bit of an old boy and have been struggling to master my 450 for some time I can hover no problem and do a very scruffy lazy 8 and I wonder if a system like this may help me move on a bit with my flying any thoughts?

Arcright
I am not sure that it is any easier to fly but this is also my first fbl heli and I havnt flown it yet... To be honest what i found helped me more than anything is my eflight mcpx....I sat in my living room watching football and hanging out with the fam just hovering around .....nose in, sides in, etc.....Its super cheap to fix if it crashes and for the most part it can hit the ground and come rite up flying.....

Im curious to see what other say but i dont that its a huge difference...I hope im wrong though....
Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:24 PM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
190 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys

Arcright
Arcright,

I think the biggest benefit is fewer things to break when you crash. Also all of those parts that throw out the tracking are just gone. I have noticed on my 450 with the BeastX that the wind does not get it out of shape as bad. Just pops up and down, but stays level. Not my experience with flybars during sudden, unexpected gusts. Just more stable in general. I am waiting for my unit to arrive to put on a 450 Pro with a rigid 4 blade head. The BeastX is running on a flapping 4 blade and really flies nice.

Terry
Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:27 PM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
190 Posts
Hi Allup,

Thank you for the info.

How long did your unit take from Infinity? I just can't wait...

Terry
Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:28 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys

It’s been mentioned a few time that a FBLess system could help with the learning curve and just wondered if this is the general consensus.
I’m a bit of an old boy and have been struggling to master my 450 for some time I can hover no problem and do a very scruffy lazy 8 and I wonder if a system like this may help me move on a bit with my flying any thoughts?

Arcright
FBL is definitely more stable, better in wind, and removes FB quirks. Stick input is more consistent, because the gyros compensate for forces on the helicopter. The helicopter in general feels more locked in (where you put it is where it stays).

Plus just having a good tail gyro (which most FBL units have) can make learning a lot easier as well.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:33 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Hi Allup,

Thank you for the info.

Terry
My experience with Infinity is excellent. They almost always ship same day and EMS to me takes 3 days, airmail maybe 7.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Quote:
Hi Allup,

Thank you for the info.

Terry
Unbelivably fast...I choose ems priority, ordered last sunday evening and It came on wed.....Great service...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 03:37 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Unbelivably fast...I choose ems priority, ordered last sunday evening and It came on wed.....Great service...
yep IH postage service is one of the fastest i've seen
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,093 Posts
Quote:
well she ready....I double and tripple checked the swash and tail correcting in the rite direction, Just gotta check the piro optomization and install the new wheels....Everything feels really good...all surfaces are working properly and smooth, tilt the heli the gyro tilts the swash smoothly.....swash mooves up and down level from full neg to full positive....I gotta say for 60 bux im so far satisfied.....Hopefull it flies like it should...Here is some static pictures to hold ya over for a video....

I'm actually "giddy" with excitement hurry and fly the thing ya monkey!!
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:20 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Hi Chaps

Thanks for your responses there still appears to be some positives to converting, lessening the cost of crashes and a bit of resistance to the wind must be worth the minimal out lay.
I think a MCPx would cost about £120ish where the ZYX would cost about £60 and ultimately itís the 450 I would like to be able to master so Iíll dive in and see how I get on.

Thanks
Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright