Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:41 PM
Joined Oct 2007
376 Posts
A friend just scanned this note and published in our local CL forum
An early ST 46 much modified by the master Al Rabe to suit better use in his wonderful semi scale P 51 Mustangs
The engine also was taken from 46 to 51 with shaft and rod mods too
Please note the enlarged case fins
Hi level works !
stg61abc is offline Find More Posts by stg61abc
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Stack View Post
If I'm not mistaken, this is the very first ROSSI 60 from the early 1960's in Marine guise
Bob, at least in the aero versions, the first one had a black head with a rounded profile, and the second version (seventies) had a squarer cut plain alloy head, like this one. I used to own both... but alas, I no longer have them.
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,598 Posts
Arriving in today's mail was my latest purchase - a NIB 1958 OS Max 35 "Combatnik" (big-shaft) R/C. Now, this engine is perfect, but is missing its prop driver, and I will trade big to get a new (or near new) one. Someone out there must have either a new or maybe bones "big-shaft" 29 or 35, which can provide me with an original prop drive. As I said - I'll trade big, so if you've got one - please let me make you an offer you can't refuse !
Twin Stack is online now Find More Posts by Twin Stack
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,842 Posts
Congrats Bob..!...you've found a really rare one....

Sometimes optimism pays off.......and sometimes not.....

Let's be optimistic for a start...what if the later "S-30" propdriver is a surviving part from the "Combatnik" era...???
Such things do happen...

Check out the photos.

Note that I have no idea....I'm just shooting from my hip here....

Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Someone out there must have either a new or maybe bones "big-shaft" 29 or 35, which can provide me with an original prop drive.
Bob, I have a big shaft 29 and have a couple of spare prop drivers laying around. We can haggle over the "trading big" if you like but to be somewhat fair it's the same prop driver as on my Max-III.........
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,510 Posts
Quote:
Arriving in today's mail was my latest purchase - a NIB 1958 OS Max 35 "Combatnik" (big-shaft) R/C. Now, this engine is perfect, but is missing its prop driver, and I will trade big to get a new (or near new) one. Someone out there must have either a new or maybe bones "big-shaft" 29 or 35, which can provide me with an original prop drive. As I said - I'll trade big, so if you've got one - please let me make you an offer you can't refuse !
Some drawing and measurments ( in mm ) would be helpfull, have some stuff too.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,598 Posts
My thanks to all who responded (either on here or by P.M.) regarding the OS Max prop driver. The following should explain it all -
"OS Max 11 - original & "New" Max 11 29 & 35
The engine shown at the rear is an original Max 11. Around 1958, the OS factory released an updated model called the New Max 11, and it served as an interim model between the 11 & 111. The main external difference is the bigger shaft on the New Max 11, fitted with a matt finished version of the Max 111 prop driver. Because the shaft housing is bigger than the prop driver, its common name became the "big shaft" 29 or 35. Note how the original Max 11 also has a machined surface on the bearing housing, just behind the thinner prop driver. Strangely, the OS factory did not see fit to mark either the old or new engines with a "11" on the bypass, yet the 15 size engine had OS MAX 11 cast onto the bypass".
I haven't found one yet, but the responses seem encouraging !
Twin Stack is online now Find More Posts by Twin Stack