Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by desertrider
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined May 2013
12 Posts
Discussion
Adrian Page 1/4 scale Gee Bee R-2

Hello

I'm starting this thread to interface with others building this plane hoping to share information, ask questions, and get answers.
If there is a master builder out there that would like to do a build thread for those of us who need some help once in a while please take over. Or Adrian could chime in with some answers and helpful tips.
desertrider is online now Find More Posts by desertrider
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Joined May 2013
12 Posts
My first question is:

I'm at step 6, mounting the landing gear plates. I'm not sure if I found the correct pieces that form the slots for the gear wires. I found two strips on the fuse side panels sheet and four strips on the same sheet as the mounting plates. Is that correct ?
Last edited by desertrider; Today at 11:14 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by Boogie_
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
3,050 Posts
Might help taking a look at my Gee Bee Z thread.
From what I've seen of Adrian's various Gee Bee designs the wings are very similar.

The LG mounting base should be 1/8" ply, and the strips that form the groove the wire lays in are 1/16".

Hope this helps.
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Today, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by jkpape
KY
Joined Nov 2008
35 Posts
I'm glad someone has started a thread. I'll be starting on mine soon. I'm debating on what engine to buy. I'm leaning toward one of the DLE engines, just not sure what size.
jkpape is offline Find More Posts by jkpape
Old Today, 10:36 AM
Joined May 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpape View Post
I'm glad someone has started a thread. I'll be starting on mine soon. I'm debating on what engine to buy. I'm leaning toward one of the DLE engines, just not sure what size.
J

Thanks for joining. I have two Moki's on the shelf, one 1.8 and one 2.1. However, a nice little gas twin just might be something to think about. I haven't bought glow fuel in a long time (went to gas and electric).
I've heard there's a conversion factor from glow to gas, perhaps someone could chime in .
Old Today, 10:38 AM
Joined May 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
Might help taking a look at my Gee Bee Z thread.
From what I've seen of Adrian's various Gee Bee designs the wings are very similar.

The LG mounting base should be 1/8" ply, and the strips that form the groove the wire lays in are 1/16".

Hope this helps.
Boogie
Thanks but no help, I'm trying to find out if the pieces are on one of the pre-cut sheets or not.
Old Today, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by Boogie_
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
3,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrider View Post
Boogie
Thanks but no help, I'm trying to find out if the pieces are on one of the pre-cut sheets or not.
That's kinda what I was getting at.

The gear plates should be on the pre-cut 1/8 sheet of parts.
The strips that form the slots/grooves would be off one of the 1/16 pre-cut sheets. They'll need to be flush with the wing sheeting.
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_