Old Apr 15, 2015, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by kitfoxdrvr
Authorized Self-Portrait?
Greensboro, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,122 Posts
Discussion
Micro Scale Models Super Ringmaster

Saw this plane advertised in the black and white pages of the latest Model Aviation.

http://www.msmplanes.com/super-ringmaster-rc/

Brought back fond memories of Baby, Junior and Super from my early days in the 70s. Anyone know anything? Search only returns for sale or c/l versions. That short tail moment and small control surfaces concern me, but that classic look and the dream of untethering such a classic beauty have my mouse hovering over the "buy" button...
kitfoxdrvr is offline Find More Posts by kitfoxdrvr
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
Condescending Pedant
Joined Aug 2013
1,273 Posts
Yep, brought back fond memories for me too. The Baby Ringmaster was the first plane I flew successfully. My 4th plane in that endeavor. My brothers and I went through pints of Cox fuel on that one.

I actually have an old kits of the Baby Ringmaster and Junior Ringmaster on my shelf. And a brand new old Fox .15 with the slanted glow plug for the Junior.

The thing that I noticed about the R/C version is that the ailerons look awfully small. I have been looking at electric control line too, it looks like a lot of fun.
Mike Dubovsky is offline Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by Doctor Who
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,415 Posts
Look for a review of the CL version soon in Model Aviation!
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:26 PM
Greensboro, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,122 Posts
I look forward to it, even though my right arm is still marginally larger than the left from holding back the Fox .35 powered Sterling SR nearly 40 years ago. Will be interesting to see their thoughts on the MSM kit. May not wait though, I keep looking at the pics...
Old Apr 18, 2015, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by RJD1234
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Apr 2008
636 Posts
I saw that too. Flew the Baby Ringmaster until repairs made it too heavy!!! Question.....on this RC version using a 480, what size of battery would you use? I'm thinking nothing smaller than a 1800. Any comments?
RJD1234 is offline Find More Posts by RJD1234
Old Apr 19, 2015, 08:35 PM
Greensboro, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD1234 View Post
I saw that too. Flew the Baby Ringmaster until repairs made it too heavy!!! Question.....on this RC version using a 480, what size of battery would you use? I'm thinking nothing smaller than a 1800. Any comments?
That is exactly what I am planning. I have several 1800s and 2200s, but I think the 1800 will be perfect. I think I am buying this week unless someone talks me out of it...