SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by hyperjase
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
Help!
Newbie - Flying MJX T40-C

Hi all,

I'm new at flying Helicopters, always wanted to - I bought the MJX T40-C (one with the camera on it). Managed to get it off the ground for around 3 seconds .... I thought these were a lot more stable than regular heli's!

My problem appears to be, when I throttle up, it wanders to the left ... not spinning, just crawls left and I can't fully take off. I'm trying this indoors just to make sure there is no wind whatsoever.

I know I can trim fore/aft and left/right to stop spinning but I can't find anything to help the side movement.

Am I missing something?

Please be gentle on a newbie!

Thanks
hyperjase is offline Find More Posts by hyperjase
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2014, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by mihcmac
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
1,059 Posts
wandering to the left on lift off is normal.. this is caused by ground effect, air pressure reacting to torque between the heli and the ground.. it should settle down once it's a couple of feet in the air.. wandering to the left will happen if you lift off too slowly, give it about 1/2 throttle and let it jump into the air.. then back off a little, don't let it go through the ceiling.. make all throttle changes slowly once in the air..

being a 3 channel it does not have side to side control but uses the flybar on the top rotor to stabilize automatically.
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Last edited by mihcmac; Feb 17, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by hyperjase
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
Brilliant, thanks, I've just tried it again and it does seem better when you get it into the air slightly ... being near the coast doesn't help outside - just a slight breeze and I'm struggling!

Thanks again!
hyperjase is offline Find More Posts by hyperjase
Old Feb 17, 2014, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,494 Posts
Performance is feeble, at best. It uses one servo to provide both aileron and elevator function and that has never worked.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Feb 17, 2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by mihcmac
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
1,059 Posts
all coaxial helicopters have difficulty dealing with wind.. some do better than others... mods can be done to help improve outdoor flight.. large coaxials, like this one, tend to be a bit more stable outdoors..

the details on the MJX T40c do not seem claim aileron side to side control like the older MJX F39 4 channel.

1, Full proportional servo steering gear, helicopter forward and back using full proportional servo servo control, flight balance and stability of the aircraft, the more wind resistance, can fly in the outdoor environment.

See full details below, the usual Chinese to English translation techno bable doesn't always make sense..

MJX T40C Appearance:

Willing to give up as long as you pick up the mjx t640. This is hidden in the innovation behind the design of the original intention. It has a body length of 810 mm, and weighs only 655 grams, equipped with high-pixel camera, with it, you will have more fun.

T640c helicopter has a new bright LED searchlight, night flight more interesting.

Other performance a bit:

1,3 D full-flight

3D all-round flight, the unique design of the high efficiency coaxial sculls structure, metal balance bar high wind resistance with dual-motor power system for the flight to provide high-efficiency power.

1, Full proportional servo steering gear, helicopter forward and back using full proportional servo servo control, flight balance and stability of the aircraft, the more wind resistance, can fly in the outdoor environment.

2, MEMS gyro, when the helicopter in outdoor flight wind blowing spin gyroscope lock tail system will automatically helicopter adjust back to the original is not blowing when aligned orientation.

3, 2.4Ghz professional remote control, using 2.4Ghz spread spectrum technology, with the remote distance, strong anti-interference ability, can fly helicopters at the same time, the speed of response is a radio remote control 100 times, small power consumption advantages.

4, Aerial function, the body is equipped with intelligent recognition board can be loaded high pixel camera box, convenient and quick camera operator needs choose to open or close the camera angles can be adjusted up and down, recording video directly production of the AVI format.

5, The special charging system: MJX R / C mature 7.4V voltage driving system and with a protection system, full power will stop the dedicated charger.

t40c helicopter technical parameters:

Overall length (L * W * H): 81 * 13 * 31CM
Remote control distance: 100 m
Channel: 3 Transmitter remote control: GR-40C
Main Motor Model: 370 Motor
Gyro: with Lighting: searchlight
Charging time: 180 minutes
Blade expanded diameter: 51CM
Weight: about 550G
The advancing ways: steering gear
Configuration Frequency: 2.4GHZ
Protective material: satin metal
Battery capacity: 3.7V 1500mAh
The experimental flying time :6-10 minutes
Flight environment: outdoor, 3 breeze
Built-in packaging: 1 remote control helicopter, 1 Remote control antenna, 1 2.4G remote control, 1 Manual, 1 Charger, 1 up and down the wing, 1 each a warranty card
Box size: 105 * 15 * 38cm
Package weight: 4 kg
Ages: 14 years old
Packing List: mjx t40c aircraft, GR-40C remote control, charger, high-capacity TF card reader, manual and warranty card.

from mjx-rc.com http://mjx-rc.com/mjx-rc-helicopter-...li-spare-parts
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Last edited by mihcmac; Feb 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by Yanmorby
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
Please help t40c mjx

I have just started to fly my mjx t series t40c and after a big crash I have developed a fault when I first switch on and connect to my heli all seems fine I can put power on and the rotors spin but after a few secs I lose connection and it powers down light starts flashing at front?, I resoldered the battery connection which had come off but still same fault? Any ideas greatly received I'm a complete rc novice
Yanmorby is offline Find More Posts by Yanmorby
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,494 Posts
Check battery voltage first. That could be your problem. Otherwise, the board could be damaged.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by t40c Allan
Joined Mar 2015
1 Posts
T40c

Hi am also new to this t40c iv had 1 before but I lost control of it and it crashed resulting in saveare damage I got a new 1 and I seem to find this 1 don't move forward or back when I try to control it just hovers and spins left and right when I comand it have I got a problem with the rc control unit plz help thanks in advance
t40c Allan is offline Find More Posts by t40c Allan