Oct 26, 2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfish
Well it ain't no Radian!
I hope you were not expecting it to fly like a Radian!?

I went from a 3 channel Skyfly to a t-28. Twitchy would be about right. But got use to it real quick. First landing, real fast and hit a curb, broke the nose off. Said to myself...I can do this! Went home and got the other one(during the $100 ebay sales days, I had 4). Made 2 good flights. First roll ever I bailed out half way through and almost crashed. The good old days!

You'll still enjoy flying the Radian.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfish
Well it ain't no Radian!

UPS guy dropped it off, ready to go 30 minutes later.
Had to reverse two servos after rebinding my DX5.
Sort of a hairy takeoff, but I managed to keep it airborne.
2 clicks on elevator, 2 on aileron.

TWITCHY!

slow circuit
Got a couple of mistakes high, did a loop.
Did a couple of 1/2 throttle circuits of the field to get a feel for the ailerons - WOW!
Tried the rudder. WHAT? Scary. Don't do that again till I figure it out.
A couple more circuits, pretend I'm gonna land.
Approach...too far right - go round.
Approach, ground effect, nose drops and nose wheel hits first, but it recovers.
Take off, go round, land in tall grass, no damage.
Once more same thing.

I learned a LOT on the Radian, clearly. Enough to save my bacon. Got a LOT more to learn, CLEARLY!

Thanks for all your contributions to this thread....

Bro... Did you set up the throws on the servos?????? Maybe you have everything at 100% im i wrong?????

Just saying
Oct 26, 2012, 09:43 AM
Prefers radials
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
Bro... Did you set up the throws on the servos?????? Maybe you have everything at 100% im i wrong?????

Just saying
+1 - when going from 3 channel to 4 channel, dual rates on ailerons are key!
Oct 26, 2012, 10:05 AM
exactly
Oct 26, 2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp
+1 - when going from 3 channel to 4 channel, dual rates on ailerons are key!
and expo....

Oct 26, 2012, 11:02 AM
Dont believe this guy!!!! Expo will make you crazy!! Hahaha... Just a joke!!!
Oct 26, 2012, 11:25 AM
If you are using the DX5 I think you do have high/low rates fixed at 100% high and 70% low but I don't believe the DX5 has expo. So try flying with low rates until you get a feel for the plane. Its responds much faster than the radian glider does.
I'd try flying in low wind conditions (less than 10 mph) and about 1/2 throttle to get a feel for it. The T-28 flys very well at slower speeds and is very stable.
Check that all of your control sufaces are centered with your radio trims at center and check your CG. Remember to check it with the plane upside down, these things are great low wing trainers. Good Luck!
Oct 26, 2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd
hoping to get in some stick time today and tomorrow before all hell breaks loose with this hurricane!
Yeah - Sandy is gonna be a mess - the average of the models has it knocking on our door. I bought %150 worth of energy (gas/propane/charcoal) for the coming power outages.

Let me ask this - I tried a bit of rudder again today. The slightest rudder causes the wing to dip a bit, but the nose drops drastically. Is this to be expected, or is there something else screwy with my CG or something? (It seems to match the manual)
Oct 26, 2012, 03:13 PM
Help! Flew my T28 after replacing the fuselage. All servos going the right direction. DX8 Spektrum radio. When I do a loop, the airleron servo reverses. I have never heard of this. I have flown this plane over a 100 times. Makes no sense. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Les
Oct 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
just when you do a loop? are you sure?
Oct 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbaron
Help! Flew my T28 after replacing the fuselage. All servos going the right direction. DX8 Spektrum radio. When I do a loop, the airleron servo reverses. I have never heard of this. I have flown this plane over a 100 times. Makes no sense. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Les
Check Spectrums web site - There is a firmware upgrade for the DX8, you might want to install it.
I don't know what firmware version you have but the latest is 2.06 which came out in September. It may be a bug in the firmware.
Here is the PDF with the update history and problems that have been fixed
Last edited by rgwilson; Oct 26, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
Oct 27, 2012, 11:31 PM
Quote:
how do you know this? a loop is just elevator. I know on mine with maxed out (super maxed out) throws, if I do a real tight loop it will snap out at the bottom. Almost crashed more than once.
Oct 28, 2012, 12:21 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
Quote:
that's why i LOVE my DX7.....never had a single blurb after 4years of intense use !

i want a second DX7....as my first one is full
Oct 28, 2012, 04:21 PM
Took my souped-up T28 out today and gave her a run on 5s. She's fast alright! heavy for sure, and a 2200 5s 30c lasted for not long at all, and came down pretty hot. May need bigger lipos i think. Fun though
Oct 28, 2012, 04:31 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Swapping out the stock motor for the 2820/07 upgrade from headsuprc.
The existing screws holding the stock motor to the plastic mount have what looks like red threadlocker on them, even though its only bolted to a plastic mount and has a fibrous red spacer/washer in there too. Should I be mounting the new motor with red threadlocker too?

Quick Reply