Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by rockom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:49 AM
Arizona
Joined Dec 2006
20 Posts
Those are great pictures and a looking plane. It looks a lot like a stick...who makes it?
Keep up the great work!

bluesman101
bluesman101 is offline Find More Posts by bluesman101
Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:56 AM
USA, IL, Malta
Joined Jan 2004
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman101
Those are great pictures and a looking plane. It looks a lot like a stick...who makes it?
Keep up the great work!

bluesman101
Thanks. The mini is a scaled down version of the Doghouse from rcrunway.
http://www.rcrunway.com/doghouseextreme.htm

I'm not sure if he's still selling kits. When I bought the kit, it came with plans that I used for the mini.

-Rocko
rockom is offline Find More Posts by rockom
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:14 AM
USA, IL, Malta
Joined Jan 2004
747 Posts
I should add that I made some modifications. This little plane is a real handful till you get used to it. A little aileron and it spins like a top. Very fast. It drops real quick at slower speeds. You have to land it kinda hot. I think maybe it' because of the short distance to the tail? It's built like a tank. I think I could do allot to make this much lighter and probably fly much better. The full size Doghouse does not have these quirks.

-Rocko
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
USA, IL, Malta
Joined Jan 2004
747 Posts
I emailed Dick Smith, the designer of the Doghouse, about the plane. He said he's sorry to say he no longer sells kits.

-Rocko
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:48 PM
Joined Apr 2006
161 Posts
Rocko - excellent work, and great buildup pictures. The flying pictures to follow will make a great series!
NorCalPilot is offline Find More Posts by NorCalPilot
Old Jan 20, 2007, 08:18 PM
USA, IL, Malta
Joined Jan 2004
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalPilot
Rocko - excellent work, and great buildup pictures. The flying pictures to follow will make a great series!
Maybe I can get some flight pics and video this coming season. I was going to retire the plane. Take off the engine and all the electronics to hang the fuse in my sons room. I just haven't had time to build something new for the engine and gear. I might have to wait and put a few more flights on it.

-Rocko
Old Mar 05, 2007, 08:48 AM
United States, NC, Dobson
Joined Jan 2007
1,217 Posts
Awsome power supply, and test center. You did a wanderful job building it.
RCHSF is offline Find More Posts by RCHSF
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:37 PM
USA, IL, Malta
Joined Jan 2004
747 Posts
Update

I was looking at making another one of these and focusing on weight reduction. I'd also like to make more room for the fuel tank. I was running through the calculations and thought I'd add that this plane is 54% of the original plans. The original wingspan is 54 inches. The mini has a wingspan of 29 1/16".

-Rocko