HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:48 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
874 Posts
Discussion
My Miss Geico 29

This is a little late but here it is and its ballistic.... Built last year...

Not much done to the hull, no blueprinting of bottom. Just a little glass around the motor mount area and some strips of cloth across the battery trays and up the sides across the mating seems of the hull and upper deck and some strips of cloth across the mating seems up in the front of the sponsons and LOTS of power.

Spartan /Castle motor 6s
Spartan /Castle ESC 6s
10 gauge wire
5.5 Castle Bullet Connectors
Extra Castle Cap Bank
Removed liner and install 3/16's cable
3/16's SS Collet
Modded Strut with 2* negative trim andle
X642 with bullet nut
Dinogy 3s /6000 /65c X2...
...and a couple rolls of toilet paper

I've only driven it about 10 times. Top speed is unknown as it gets in the mid to upper 60's and blows off the water and its nowhere near done. Fastest so far is 68 on GPS! The power this thing has is unreal and leaves PLENTY of room for more prop. My batts are as far forward now as I can go with the battery trays with about 2" hanging over the front of the trays.
Plan now when I get some time is to extend the battery trays further forward and install a SK 180 ESC I had purchased for this boat ( went with the castle to reduce weight as I knew it would work fine with this setup) and move to a larger prop.
My guess is this boat is very capable of running in the upper 70's IF I can figure out a way to keep it on the water...IF !
So moral of the story is if your have a Miss Geico and you want a ballistic setup, this is it ! ...Have Fun !
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
to remove ads between posts