http://dynam-rc.cn/Products_view_207.html

Wingspan:………………1500mm(59.06in)
Overall Length:…………958mm(37.7in)
Wing Loading:…………. 58g/dm2
Servo:……………………9g x5pcs
Battery:………………… 14.8V 2200mAh Li-Po,25C
Speed Controller:………50A Brushless
Motor Size:………………BM3720A-KV650 Brushless Outrunner
Flying Weight:………… 1400-1750g(49.4-61.8oz)

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Last edited by kman24; Oct 03, 2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added pics and specs
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:15 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,306 Posts
Did some research to see if there was a real plane out there like this. I found this one that does resemble it for the most part...

Kman
Old Oct 16, 2013, 08:00 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,306 Posts
Now available at NP...

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8961-dhc2-arf.html

Kman
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:00 PM
United States, PA, Port Allegany
Joined Aug 2012
161 Posts
Now this I like been wanting one for a while just didn't like the Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver price. Even with shipping its cheaper have had good luck with Dynam so far think I would have to repaint though.
74charger is offline Find More Posts by 74charger
Old Oct 17, 2013, 08:33 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74charger View Post
Now this I like been wanting one for a while just didn't like the Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver price. Even with shipping its cheaper have had good luck with Dynam so far think I would have to repaint though.
I agree. The other thing I didn't like about the Flyzone was that it isn't offered as a true ARF (no radio parts whatsoever) and it is a 3s power system. I have been investing more in 4s batteries the last couple of years so I like that this one is 4s ready out of the box. Not saying that the Dynam is better, but for me it fits better for what I am expecting out of it.

I have a b-day right around the corner, so I may have to pull that card for this one

Kman
Old Oct 17, 2013, 08:40 PM
United States, PA, Port Allegany
Joined Aug 2012
161 Posts
My b-day just passed a couple days ago the wife didn't get me anything yet let the hints begin
74charger is offline Find More Posts by 74charger
Old Oct 18, 2013, 09:39 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74charger View Post
My b-day just passed a couple days ago the wife didn't get me anything yet let the hints begin
Just do like my wife does and just buy it. Then when it shows up you just say "Thanks for the B-day present!".

I am thinking I need to return the favor with this one

Kman
Old Oct 25, 2013, 09:44 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,306 Posts
Well, I managed to snag one of these for my upcoming b-day (about a month away). I got to take a quick look at it and take some pics, but it will stay in a box for several weeks until I can "officially" open it

Just from the initial looks at it I am very pleased with it. It was packaged well (no damage) and looks to be complete. Things that I saw just out of the box that I liked were...

- radially mounted motor with screwed on radial motor cover.
- fuselage foam is really thick and is reinforced on the landing gear/float mounts
- includes two props and a silver painted spinner
- radial motor cover and spinners are painted silver, unlike the initial photos (yeah!)
- landing gear is nice and stout looking
- floats have the rudder servo installed and linkages hooked up for rudders
- floats have plastic bottoms to provide protection
- flaps are designed just like the T-28, SR, and GC planes and easy to install
- plastic bits seem real thick and durable

Nothing bad to report yet, but things that I didn't like...

- lights are still the same setup as other Dynams; bare ends with LED's that will more than likely be dim and need to be replaced. I will more than likely will put a Turnigy LED light kit on it like several of my other Dynam planes.
- paint was applied nicely, but I am not sure I am a big fan of the blue and yellow. Good news is that only the vertical stab, the main wing edges, and the cowl are painted so it wouldn't be too involved to change the paint.
- not a huge fan of the yellow wheels, but again maybe the color will grow on me. I may just get some big 3 or 4 inch Dubro low bounce wheels instead.
- missing the flap hardware (hinges, control rods, etc) Will need to contact NP to see if they will send it to me.

Can't wait to put it together, but unfortunately that won't happen for another month or so Oh well, I am looking forward to it.

Kman
Last edited by kman24; Oct 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:04 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,244 Posts
I see they opted to stick with the 8 cylinder radial, like Flyzone. Great attention to detail
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Oct 25, 2013, 03:49 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Christchurch,England
Joined Aug 2004
2,532 Posts
Now now Frank, the full size guys must have got it wrong, because the ST Models Beaver I just bought has the same engine...and it's a SCALE MODEL. Actually, it has a lot of really good features and I suspect it's a re-badged Dynam because the dimensions are the same and the hardware is too I think.

Mine is red trim on white foam with some red paint on the cowl and fin LE. I peeled off all the trim and hope to turn the model into a British Army Air Corps DH2 that served in Laos and apparently took a Soviet-made missile through the wing. Now there's a scale feature you don't often see!
Sopwith Mike is offline Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Old Oct 26, 2013, 06:38 PM
Living The Dream in Bris Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith Mike View Post
Now now Frank, the full size guys must have got it wrong, because the ST Models Beaver I just bought has the same engine...and it's a SCALE MODEL. Actually, it has a lot of really good features and I suspect it's a re-badged Dynam because the dimensions are the same and the hardware is too I think.

Mine is red trim on white foam with some red paint on the cowl and fin LE. I peeled off all the trim and hope to turn the model into a British Army Air Corps DH2 that served in Laos and apparently took a Soviet-made missile through the wing. Now there's a scale feature you don't often see!
looking at my ST models Beaver...i don't think the ST models is a rebadged Dynam. The battery hatch arrangement is different, the aileron servo linkages are in the wing, and hinge arrangement is different, water rudder setup is different... etc..
ohaussie is offline Find More Posts by ohaussie
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:06 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,306 Posts
Yeah, ST models is definitely a different plane than this one. As for the number of cylinders on the dummy motor, that is probably what happens when one manufacturer copies another one. The same mistake carries on, kind of like copy and pasting

Oh well, I am not that much of a scale crow when it comes to those things. As long as the general lines of the plane are good, I am happy

Kman
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:33 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,556 Posts
I am in on one of these. Sure looks nice for the money.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 01, 2013, 08:56 PM
electromaniac
pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2004
603 Posts
just got my beaver today very nice plane gave it quick coat of poly .. let it dry for a day then find some bigger wheels for it and start pimpin it out .
elcamino is online now Find More Posts by elcamino
Old Nov 02, 2013, 11:00 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcamino View Post
just got my beaver today very nice plane gave it quick coat of poly .. let it dry for a day then find some bigger wheels for it and start pimpin it out .
Sounds good Hey, did yours come with the flap hinges in one of the accessory bags? Mine was missing. I contacted NP and they are looking into it to see if they should have been included.

Kman