Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:01 PM
United States, NY, Spencerport
Joined Aug 2011
475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
so in your case shooboy it looks like it's the post office that screwed this up correct? Why would you not order from HK again because of a USPS issue? Did you ask your letter carrier about this?
No, guess I should have asked my letter carrier like you suggest. I guess you are also right that I shouldn't just blame Hobby KIng right away. Now something strange happened yesterday too. I bought a Webra 61 from a gentleman on ebay along with a muffler for that engine, also from the same seller. He ended up sending them in seperate packages. My letter carrier brought all my mail to my door at around 1:30PM since there was a couple of packages also. One was the Webra, the other package was something else I bought from someone here on RCG. The muffler for the Webra didn't show. I asked the seller for the tracking numbers and the Webra did show as delivered, but the Webra muffler package showed as "Delivery Attempted at 10:00AM, notification of attempted delivery left". My wife was here all morning, she never heard the door. There's no slip saying they tried to deliver. Guess I'll head over to the Post Office to see what's up with that.... Shoo
shooboy is offline Find More Posts by shooboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:11 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
shooboy, shop aroung there are plenty of reliable vendors in the US with good CS. You just may find what you need in the US. Even if it's a little more money you won't have to wait months to get it or to resolve a problem.
I guess it will be your last order if everything you want is now out of stock and may be for months.
who would be some of the reliable vendors that you use in the US? Folks here are always looking for good people to buy from.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, MD, Kensington
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
who would be some of the reliable vendors that you use in the US? Folks here are always looking for good people to buy from.
If they have what I want, I buy from Heads Up RC. Reasonable prices and fast shipping for $2 (usually). The web site is a little old-fashioned, but they put a lot of good information on the product pages.
michaelingp is online now Find More Posts by michaelingp
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
HobbyKing terrible customer service

Horrible customer service. Ordered material to build a tricopter on 10/27/12. Order was never recieved and i have tried for months to get a credit for the $285.43 that they charged me. the order was never received and returned to HobbyKing back in November of 2012. To date, they will not issue a credit for my order as they are STILL investigating where the package is. Unbelievably poor customer service. Everyone beware!
mikepille is offline Find More Posts by mikepille
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Welcome mikepille,
New year, Same story different customer. Time to address the CS problems HK.
Be aware:
There is a certain bunch that hates on people who post bad experiences with hobbyking.
Hope you get you money back soon.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Feb 01, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Then by all means, please do. What are the steps you would take to correct this? You've had 3 years of flaming this vendor, so step up and lay out your customer service improvement advice.

Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Welcome to RCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepille View Post
Horrible customer service. Ordered material to build a tricopter on 10/27/12. Order was never recieved and i have tried for months to get a credit for the $285.43 that they charged me. the order was never received and returned to HobbyKing back in November of 2012. To date, they will not issue a credit for my order as they are STILL investigating where the package is. Unbelievably poor customer service. Everyone beware!
Your first post, interesting.

So it looks like HK sent the package, did you track it? Any idea why it was returned?

At what point did you contact PP or the CC company to get your refund. Why would it take months to get this done, it should take a matter of a day or two at most. You paid for something, and didn't get it.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:29 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Welcome mikepille,
Be aware:
There is a certain bunch that hates on people who post bad experiences with hobbyking.
Hope you get you money back soon.
These certain people aren't the ones that spend 70% of their post in the HK vendor section now is it?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: prior post no longer needed. if needed again, edits will be done
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
These certain people aren't the ones that spend 70% of their post in the HK vendor section now is it? That says a lot about someone.

hmmmm....you just have to wonder who mikepille is.
Care to tell us Valantie?
Mikepille is probably Condor, err, I mean his brother, err, his son, or perhaps another family relative on his account.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:49 PM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
Rules for HK and any other discount overseas vendor:

-ALWAYS use Paypal
-ALWAYS use a CREDIT card
-Always use trackable shipping

I orderd a bunch of stuff from HK last Sunday and had the option to pick UPS 3 day express for $42. Package arrived Wednesday... I was floored. Placed another order yesterday, no UPS option this time, no idea why but chose EMS. Got an email a few hours ago saying it had shipped. We'll see if I can get it in time for next weekend but once it hits Cali it'll got to USPS which MIGHT get it to me by next Saturday but I don't hold out any hope haha. LiPos/LiFe batteries, Telemetry Radios and Engines are ridiculous cheap on HK, $139 for a 26cc gas engine, $100 for a full blown 8 channel Telemetry radio system, $4 for 1100mah LiFe receiver battery, $30 for a smart charger and power supply... I could go on. Servos, ignitions, whatever the eff you want is going to be way cheaper, the trick is buying enough stuff to offset the $50 shipping cost.

Anyway, educate yourself on your bank's chargeback policy, take out paypal insurance if you feel you need it and use every tool available to you. I have USAA and I have dealt with companies/sellers before that have not made good on their orders. Learned the hard way to only use a Credit (not debit) card for online purchases. Last time I had an issue I contacted USAA and initiated a dispute and chargeback. Money was back in my account quick and I let the bank deal with the deadbeat company that tried to steal my money. I've also had a few instances where the seller/company all of a sudden became very helpful when it was a bank contacting them and not some random buyer(me).

My point is, be smart about online shopping and use all the tools available to you. This isn't 1995 when you had to send a money order and cross your fingers, we have a TON of safeguards in place, just gotta be smart about it. If you use a credit card and your bank is any good you are pretty safe ordering online. If you are worried about HK banning you... well would you buy again from a company that stole $400 from you even if they had cheaper prices than anyone else? Just sayin. I'm glad it all worked out in the end and it was not a HK issue though. Gotta love our federal employees lol.
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Last edited by scottydsntknow; Feb 02, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Excellent advice.

and another thing....don't wait 2,3,4 months then claim any vendor purposely caused a delay. There is no excuse for not filing a dispute or charge back with your credit card company within 30-45 days.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:17 AM
Capital Region, NY
Joined Nov 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelingp View Post
If they have what I want, I buy from Heads Up RC. Reasonable prices and fast shipping for $2 (usually). The web site is a little old-fashioned, but they put a lot of good information on the product pages.
LAZERTOYZ www.lazertoyz.com
LUKES RC PLANES www.lukesrcplanes.com
Radical RC http://www.radicalrc.com/
Value Hobby http://www.valuehobby.com/
Just Go Fly http://www.justgofly.com/
ScottV is offline Find More Posts by ScottV
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:55 PM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
My order EMS express came in Thursday or Friday. Out of town and the wife forgets which day but regardless, that is an order on the 1st getting to the East Coast on the 7th or 8th going EMS express. So that order took 7 days, the UPS one was in 3 and I saved a crapton of money over ordering from somewhere else. Its all made in China anyway, cutting out the middle men that mark the stuff up at least 100% for some stuff and like 500%+ for radios. That Turnigy setup I put together solderless for $160ish (radio, smartieboards, DJT and LCD backlight) is a $700 Futaba or JR setup at LEAST and works just as well. For someone who doesn't mind soldering a bunch of wires it would be even less.
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow