HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Delta / Dell DPS-800JB Help needed

Hello there, Thanks for having me here, Ive searched everywhere online and spent 2 days looking, this site seems to be the best one so far by far. There are some threads about using Server class power supplies for 12v use, I have a similiar problem and am really hoping you guys can help out...

I have a Delta DPS-800JB Power supply stripped from a Dell PowerEdge 1900, which I have been trying to simply turn on to power a 4-socket, 16-core server board which just needs lots of 12v power, the above mentioned power supply can give out 750watts / 12v.

Problem is I cannot get this thing powered on, It has a 30-pin ribbon connector which should connect to the motherboard it was meant for, it then recieves the on signal through the board. I have shorted every 2 way combination of wires but with no luck. Now this is the weird part, I know the PSU works with the board as when i finished cutting away the insulation away from the ends of the wires I placed them on the floor and the PSU fired up when I plugged in the power cable, it was ok for over 20 mins before I moved the 30-pin ribbon cable and the PSU went off, purely accidental when it turned on, I can only assume the wires on the cable need to be connected in a way that involves more than 2 of the wires.

I have included pictures here to help, I really appreciate any help or advice you guys can offer, I have trawled through your forums but cannot find my power supply there. Thanks in advance.
andy bradley is offline Find More Posts by andy bradley
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
more pics

More pics for you below
andy bradley is offline Find More Posts by andy bradley