USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
Has this been posted already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdVT...layer_embedded

http://www.micro-flight.com/Blade%20mCPx.htm

Too bad the shipping is the same price as the retaining hub... It add some nice bling.
It actually looks like a way to turn your CP heli, into a weird kind of FP heli.

I wonder how "flexible" those little things are?
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:51 AM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Not really..... Bling can be good or bad, look at lowrider cars, there is lots of bling there

I was thinking of trying to make the same thing out of some thin carbon sheet I have
How would your blade grips rotate if you had them linked together by a sheet of CF?That's the problem with the ones in the photos,not that they are carbon,but they have to add some resistance,and that kills performance.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:51 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X View Post
Hi sviking
Walkera makes a threaded rod like this for the 4G6 tail rod , they are $2.50 apiece , and both ends are threaded , so the cost is not all that bad , and i thought a Spoke threading machine might be good , but i don't think they will work with this small of rod size , but i agree completely , grafting the threaded end on is probably not something that people will want to tackle , thank again

here's a link to the 4G6 tail rod

http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-4g6-z-2...alkera4g6.aspx
Nice. Looks like it might be a thicker rod, though? And, if you measure twice and cut once, you get two per rod.

I'm interested in this because I used to cut and hand thread pushrods for my glow helis, which were much larger. Never attempted anything this small.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
It actually looks like a way to turn your CP heli, into a weird kind of FP heli.

I wonder how "flexible" those little things are?
I can just hear the grrrrroan of the servos now...
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:57 AM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Nice. Looks like it might be a thicker rod, though? And, if you measure twice and cut once, you get two per rod.

I'm interested in this because I used to cut and hand thread pushrods for my glow helis, which were much larger. Never attempted anything this small.
Hi sviking , yes the tail rod is a bit bigger 0.80mm instead of 0.55mm but i think it would still be fine , i was editing my post above and when i got back i saw you had posted this
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Last edited by mCP_X; Mar 23, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:00 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X View Post
Hi sviking , yes the tail rod is a bit bigger 0.080mm instead of 0.055mm but i think it would still be fine , i was editing my post above and when i got back i saw you had posted this
Wonder if you can still stuff them into the stock ball links without splitting them. Or, will the included Walkera ball links fit the swash balls on the mCP X with no modification? I'm guessing they might since it's probably a standard size.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:05 AM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
I can just hear the grrrrroan of the servos now...
This is NOT a solution that I ever would have thought of...that's for sure.

Do you think someone really did this as some kind of joke...and that they are laughing at us right now for even trying to figure out it's supposed to work?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:10 AM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Wonder if you can still stuff them into the stock ball links without splitting them. Or, will the included Walkera ball links fit the swash balls on the mCP X with no modification? I'm guessing they might since it's probably a standard size.
Hi sviking
the Walkera ball links are 2mm also , so the Walkera link fits the mCP X rear swash ball
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:10 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,385 Posts
Fragzilla:

Your bearings came apart because they were installed incorrectly. IF you had taken the time to read this thread and a few others that have similar information, you would have been informed to take the bearings out and install the outer bearings with the bronze retainer facing the blade. Your bearing failed because it was installed wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. Take my advice (which is what HH has said) is to install the outer bearings with the bronze retainer out and enjoy the heli. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:17 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Fragzilla:

Your bearings came apart because they were installed incorrectly. IF you had taken the time to read this thread and a few others that have similar information, you would have been informed to take the bearings out and install the outer bearings with the bronze retainer facing the blade. Your bearing failed because it was installed wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. Take my advice (which is what HH has said) is to install the outer bearings with the bronze retainer out and enjoy the heli. Take care.

Don
Yes, that's all well and good, but please do NOT make it sound like it's his fault. Not everyone is on the internet all the time like so many people (myself included) here.

This should have NEVER been a problem from the get-go by the time it got to the consumer release stage.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:19 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
This is NOT a solution that I ever would have thought of...that's for sure.

Do you think someone really did this as some kind of joke...and that they are laughing at us right now for even trying to figure out it's supposed to work?
Yeah, fishing line threaded through the blade grips is a much simpler and cheaper (i.e. free as I already have suitable weight line) "solution" to a problem...that shouldn't even exist.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:30 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Has this been posted already?
Too bad the shipping is the same price as the retaining hub... It add some nice bling.
Did you know I will sell you a 6 inch section 30# spider wire for 9.99 shipped?
For a short time I will include a piece of paper with instructions that will show you how to tie a not at no additional cost to you!
Now thats a DEAL!!

Really though $20 bucks shipped for two light pieces of plastic that probably interfere with smooth blade grip operation

Unless your Initial is "M" then I dont see the bling factor.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:32 AM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post

unless your initial is "m" then i dont see the bling factor.
lmao!!!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:13 AM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,838 Posts
Mario has been around for a long time, he always seems like he is out to make a buck....
helifrek is offline Find More Posts by helifrek
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:13 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Really though $20 bucks shipped for two light pieces of plastic that probably interfere with smooth blade grip operation
And, it doesn't actually solve the problem.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501