HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:25 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
I think E-flite is on the SR because it was designed before the name change took place. Notice how this new heli and the mCX2 have E-flite nowhere to be seen minus the batteries which are used in their planes.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2010, 06:29 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,602 Posts
Looks great! I hope that the next one will be a CP micro in this size.

John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:44 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
C.O.P.O. I only own BLADE (formerly E-flite) products, but ever since they wouldn't replace any of my 5in1s and seem more than reluctant to replace my new Blade SR's main motor which almost caught fire, I'm kind of abandoning them for a while. I always had my eye on Walkera products anyway.
They have replaced mine five times. I was also nice and pleasant on the phone, and I also gave them a boat load of design suggestions.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Jun 24, 2010, 09:59 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,377 Posts
It certainly appears that they are transitioning the Blade line to just be known as "Blade" and no longer including the E-flite name on their new products. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:29 PM
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
I bought the MSR specifically for its size as-is, although it might of been a tough decision at point of purchase with both to choose from. Being that the MSR got me into full CP helis, and I can build another metal 450 for the same price (let alone a even basic 500 clone), I just don't have a 'niche' for it to fill. Mine has been great, has some cool mods, and still gets just as much flight time now as it did nearly a year ago, my micro-heli FP slot in the hangar is filled indefinitely. Not to mention the growing number of battery-comparable micro planes still makes it a hero for new buyers. First thing I learned getting out of gas and into electrics, is get at least three aircraft flying using the same battery format before looking for something 'new'. I look at the price of an SR120 at $250-heli plus new batteries...

Being the MSR is such a success HERE, the enthusiasm may not be as high, but I do see it as a nice little bird to have out there on the market. Looks pretty darn cool to me.

I WOULD however, take an MSR sized canopy/tail set in yellow, tyvm, that would stoke me more then the SR120, NEW CANOPY! was the first thing I thought opening the thread
kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:37 PM
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Heck I'll probably get one. Looks pretty good. A nice fun relaxing machine to fly.
I like the idea they scaled up the MSR into a larger version. Not bad at all.
Now they only need to make a version larger than the 120 version maybe a 240. Then we'd have a outdoor version of a MSR.
Actually, I might pony up for something like that (and the batteries) over the 120 bird. I love CP and FP for their own quirks, stress levels, and challenges, but the 120 is not large enough, yet not small enough.

Again, at $13! for a new canopy for an MSR, just releasing yellow ones would probably net the same profit as the entire SR120 program
kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:39 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.O.P.O View Post
Whats up with the tail curving up? I have seen this before on some other helis. Is there an advantage to doing this?
From a performance standpoint the higher tail rotor means that it is closer to the height of the rotor disk so it won't make the heli lean as much from the thrust of the tail blades.

Also if this is a scaled up MSR, one of the characteristics that made that heli stable is the height the rotor head sits from the majority of the weight in the heli. Longer shaft makes for a better pendulum effect for stability. So the tail rotor has to go upward to match a "normal-ish" height ratio or else it would have greater purchase to lean the heli.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jun 25, 2010, 08:46 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
Eh.. not intreasted at ALL. Same over priced crappy helicopters, with crappy electronics, and expensive parts. I'd rather buy a walkera for less money, get a better transmitter, better helicopter with better electronics (to include a 3 axis gyro)..

Even If I was to ignore the fact that this POS is made by Horizon/e-flite/blade (who are all the exact same people, and the exact same company); This is what they have been developing? A giant expensive mSR? Where is the mCP that people have been asking for? Why are they making new helicopters when they have yet to solve the SR's problems?

Anyway.. I will never by another e-flite/blade product, they are complete crap. moving on..
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Old Jun 25, 2010, 08:59 AM
dont play with rc anymore
United States, MO, St Joseph
Joined Feb 2005
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post

Anyway.. I will never by another e-flite/blade product, they are complete crap. moving on..
I second that. Electronics, mechanics, crap.
micronut is offline Find More Posts by micronut
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:52 AM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
NY USA
Joined Apr 1999
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micronut View Post
I second that. Electronics, mechanics, crap.
Me three,

overpriced, poor QC, junk electronics....

admittedly CS is good though.
boom is offline Find More Posts by boom
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:47 AM
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,379 Posts
Wow, a Quark SRB size SR/Msr. Maybe this explains Hirobo's recent price drop of their FP heli - used to sell for around $350, now around $250, under $200 with recent Father's day specials.

If so then "Blade" needs to quickly come out with a Quark SRB size CP heli and get Hirobo to lower the price of their Quark SRB SG down from $800

-John
FR4-Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:10 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
I do like the mSR and if this bird flys like it I will be purchasing a BNF when they come out
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:13 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,215 Posts
I wonder if this can handle outdoor winds in stock format.

Wow they're a lot of EFlite haters on here.

Do you people really think that Walkera is any better?

All these companies are in it to make money; the all employ the same business tactics.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:23 PM
Joined Apr 2010
639 Posts
I would buy that in a heartbeat, but...

The Quark is its size equivalent, and I'm sure a much better helicopter.
Technica is offline Find More Posts by Technica
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:34 PM
Joined Dec 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicjet View Post
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview
Its a 40% bigger msr for 30$ more and just 20$ short of an full size brushless CP SR,not to be cruel...but who will buy it?
Quit Naysaying, this is a great idea. CP is not for everybody and this looks like the perfect gym/backyard heli. My MSR is definitely not outdoor-friendly, So go E-Flite!!!
ideabeing is offline Find More Posts by ideabeing