Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 26, 2009, 05:12 AM
The dude abides
Las Vegas NV
Joined Oct 2003
45 Posts
I bought both a 221215 and 221213 from them. I haven't touched the "15" yet. But the "13" is now installed in an airframe. I'm going to maiden it soon, and I have run it up. I was very impressed with the available thrust (and I mean very impressed). I too thought they looked like the suppo motors, which was part of my purchasing decision. I haven't built my home made watt meter yet, or I'd give you the data (BrianL).

The other variable is I updated the firmware of my Phoenix 25 ESC, and Castle writes this new version might have extreme effects on outrunners. So we'll see how it goes. If the 221215 is at all similar to the 13, I think it would be too much power for a slow stick. Unless you don't go full power. But on both my motors, the build looks good (I'm no expert). Not a sloppy wind at all. Happy Thx Giving!
nieltj is offline Find More Posts by nieltj
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:11 AM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Also, I was looking at the motors they sell, some of which look like Suppo motors. Specifically, the 2212 series. Does anyone know how they compare to Suppo/Welgard, or to the ones that bidproduct sells (which maybe be Suppo)? The ones at bidproduct are $10 too, but I've never really heard much, if any, feedback on the quality. But these have me interested, because of some of the reports in this thread that the build quality of motors received was good. But those reports could be for a different style motor. It's confusing since they don't give each style of motor they sell a specific name. Maybe Nina can answer this. Do all the rctimer outrunner motor styles have the same build quality (hand winding, etc)?

Anyway, I was thinking of this one (A2212-15, 930kv) for my slow stick.

Or would a 2826 series be better? Surprisingly these are also $10 at rctimer ($30 at bidproduct!...assuming they're the same motors).

How do their props compare to others (ie. GWS)? Anyone know the brand?
The 2200Kv 2212-6 motor is probably the best all around motor you can buy and RCtimer has the best price. I have read in other threads that this is the identical (same factory) motor as the suppo/welgard/grayson PJ, can not personal vouch for that as I have not bought one of those.

I fly my Wildhawk pure vertical on 3s using the 2212-6!!
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Last edited by capt; Nov 26, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Nina never replied to this, but I too would suggest they sell some micro Deans knockoffs. Dealextreme doesn't sell any, and hobbycity doesn't anymore.

Bidproduct has some listed here and here, but they don't have much for customer service. For example, trying to find out the difference in those two listings from them would probably get no answer. I think they reply on their forums to people who post about order problems, but that's about it. My question about motors went unanswered. BTW, for many items, I don't like how they have different listings/item #'s for what seems like the same items, often without any information on them to see. For example, if you look at bullet connectors, there are many different listings just for the 3.5mm, and they aren't together. Some are several pages apart from the others. Sorry for the rant.

Has anyone tried their "same to Hobbywing" (another translation error) 30A ESC yet? Is it really a Hobbywing, or just similar (like I think so many others are)? How does this compare to the Hobbyking SS (formerly the "Supersimple"), Turnigy Basic or Plush ESC's, some of which may be Hobbywing?
Dear BrianL,
Thanks for your message, the function of ESC 30A same to Hobbywing.
If you find technical problems in using, we can replacement new to you.
All products are ourself Brand "RCTimer" included Prop.

Thanks.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Nina never replied to this, but I too would suggest they sell some micro Deans knockoffs. Dealextreme doesn't sell any, and hobbycity doesn't anymore.

Bidproduct has some listed here and here, but they don't have much for customer service. For example, trying to find out the difference in those two listings from them would probably get no answer. I think they reply on their forums to people who post about order problems, but that's about it. My question about motors went unanswered. BTW, for many items, I don't like how they have different listings/item #'s for what seems like the same items, often without any information on them to see. For example, if you look at bullet connectors, there are many different listings just for the 3.5mm, and they aren't together. Some are several pages apart from the others. Sorry for the rant.

Has anyone tried their "same to Hobbywing" (another translation error) 30A ESC yet? Is it really a Hobbywing, or just similar (like I think so many others are)? How does this compare to the Hobbyking SS (formerly the "Supersimple"), Turnigy Basic or Plush ESC's, some of which may be Hobbywing?
Dear BrianL,

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Yes, we have micro Deans knockoffs, and we will selling them ASAP.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:01 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
sonny1 is online now Find More Posts by sonny1
Last edited by sonny1; Nov 29, 2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: ****
Old Nov 27, 2009, 09:58 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,408 Posts
Hi Sonny,
Nice historical blog page and bio you have put together The linked story supporting the school kids RC dilemma shows how careful we must be. We certainly have to beware of those scams.
I've ordered quite a few of those motors and hope to receive them any day now. What is your take on why yours failed? Are the shafts held in place on the motor bell with allen screws or only pressed in? Is there a retaining circlip on the other side of the motor? Would perhaps some preventive inspection, lok-tite on the allen screws and maintenance have kept this from happening? I've found that even more expensive motors still must have close initial and follow-on preventive inspection and maintenance accomplished to prevent failures and increase reliability.
Gotta ask...4 hours to install a motor...??...
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Product update! Caution!! As posted earlier in this thread, I purchased a 2830-13 brushless outrunner from RCTimer a couple of weeks ago. I bench tested the motor once to check it's basic functions; no problem. Today I spent 4 hours installing the motor on an airplane, and did one last test before going out to fly tomorrow. After less than 30 seconds, the motor shaft let go and came out of the motor completely; thankfully, I was across the room when it went. Bottom line: BE VERY CAUTIOUS WITH THESE MOTORS: THEY ARE CHEAP TO BUY FOR A REASON: THEY ARE INFERIOR EQUIPMENT!! I will not bother to try and return a $10 motor to China, BUT I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE MOTORS FROM RCTIMER!!! BEWARE!! Their connectors and some of their equipment are worth using, but not the motors! Think hard before going for the "deal" these motors offer; it will cost you in the long run!!!
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:56 AM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,919 Posts
These motors seem to be better quality than most by far, I am ordering 2 more 2212/6 because they are awesome in my opionin.

I always take a new motor apart and lube the bearings, superglue the magnets and general inspection before putting everything back together while checking setcrews etc.

I think you must have had a missing c-clip or loose screw Sonny1, could happen with any motor.
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Old Nov 27, 2009, 01:42 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi Sonny,
Nice historical blog page and bio you have put together The linked story supporting the school kids RC dilemma shows how careful we must be. We certainly have to beware of those scams.
I've ordered quite a few of those motors and hope to receive them any day now. What is your take on why yours failed? Are the shafts held in place on the motor bell with allen screws or only pressed in? Is there a retaining circlip on the other side of the motor? Would perhaps some preventive inspection, lok-tite on the allen screws and maintenance have kept this from happening? I've found that even more expensive motors still must have close initial and follow-on preventive inspection and maintenance accomplished to prevent failures and increase reliability.
Gotta ask...4 hours to install a motor...??...
Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim, thanks for your comments on my bio. Well, this was a brushed/brushless conversion, so took some time to engineer a proper mounting arrangement for the brushless motor. The plane is an arf & the mounting had to be done inside the fuse w/ very little room for fingers, (especially when handling 3mm nuts & washers); the motor then had to be removed again after mounting to add washers for proper down/right thrust. All that takes time, especially since I'm getting blinder and more arthritic by the day; building anything just takes me a lot longer than it used to. As to preventive inspection, that's what I always do before flying any plane, and had the test been successful I would have applied Loctite to all screws and checked all connections. I decided to do that one last bench test with the motor installed before packing it up to fly the next day, and the rest as they say "is history". I've been around the block a time or two, and I'm glad I decided on that one last bench test, instead of having a catastrophic failure while airborne. I'm more angry with myself for "cheaping out" on the motor; I have been using Rimfire and EFlight motors, and should have stuck with more "proven" motors. I basically saved $30 over the equivalent Rimfire motor, but have now cost myself not only a lot of time, but have a useless outrunner to remove and trash, (and have to buy and install yet another motor!). I did that one last test out of a "sneaking suspicion" that these very inexpensive motors are cheap for a reason; lesson learned!!. I hope everyone has good luck with their RCTmer motors, I for one will not be ordering any more of them. I think I will go with HeadsupRC; their motors are relatively inexpensive, but proven and available domestically, (easy returns if there's a problem). The motor of course, is the "heart" of any airplane, and I will not go for the cheap deals and risk an airplane any more w/ unproven cheap motors. I think RCTimer will be a good place for parts, connectors, & various other things, but I won't risk a plane on their motors again; like I said, lesson learned! I'll edit my previous post & remove some of the "angst-ridden" remarks.
Last edited by sonny1; Nov 29, 2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 09:40 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,303 Posts
Has anyone ordered the 3536-5 1450 kv or the 3542-4 1450 kv?

Was looking to see how they compared to the Turnigy SK motors or any real world performance.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Nov 28, 2009, 04:21 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Dear sonny1,

Thanks for your message.
All the motors were strictly inspected before shipping to our customers.
Please tell me what problem on our motor, we are honest business with everyone, we can solve it AT ONCE.
You can return the fault to us, we can resend or refund you, and we can charge returned shipping fee.

We can say that our motor quality is the best!

Deeply appreciate for your forgiveness.
Thank you much !

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:01 AM
United States, FL, Lynn Haven
Joined May 2009
23 Posts
Nina,

It's been 37 days since I ordered and still no package.
I asked you to please check on my order a few post back and it has gone ignored.
Please check this order for me, the order number is 2009102220111.
I am really starting to getting frustrated.
Managing2fly is offline Find More Posts by Managing2fly
Old Nov 28, 2009, 04:46 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,408 Posts
All,
Today I received my 5x 2830-13 and 5x 2217-11 BL motors, some servo leads and a 20a ESC to test. I ordered 2 from Ebay and the rest on the RCTimer website on 11 November. All arrived together today via registered mail that I had to sign for on 28 November. The address labels were correctly formatted. The motors and hardware came packaged in individual ziplock bags and were then mailed in a bubble-padded envelope. The customs label said "adapter" and $5 value. Nina signed it They arrived looking to be in good shape. On close inspection of the motors, they look to be nicely manufactured. The stator windings are even and look to be machine wound. The bearings are smooth when turned. The bell housing is held to the shaft by one allen screw. I checked all ten and all but one was tight enough. I applied lok-tite and re-tightened them. All ten had just the right amount of end-play. The shafts are pressed in the bell housing and are a good tight fit. One end of the shaft is grooved for the cir-clip. The cir-clip used is better than most I have seen on the motors I have previously purchased. They have more shoulder on them and look like standard cir-clips unlike the other inferior ones that look like u-shaped wires. I will be using these on my quadrocopter's and will give an update on the amp draw and flight performance in a few days.
Looks good so far
Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 28, 2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:09 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear sonny1,

Thanks for your message.
All the motors were strictly inspected before shipping to our customers.
Please tell me what problem on our motor, we are honest business with everyone, we can solve it AT ONCE.
You can return the fault to us, we can resend or refund you, and we can charge returned shipping fee.

We can say that our motor quality is the best!

Deeply appreciate for your forgiveness.
Thank you much !

Nina
Thank you for your offer.
Last edited by sonny1; Nov 29, 2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 06:02 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10 View Post
It's not tax. It's the fee they are charged by paypal and they just pass that on to you.
I wonder if they realize, that is a direct violation of the P/P agreement, and could have their account closed if P/P finds out they are passing on the fees?
tlh101 is offline Find More Posts by tlh101
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:08 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,706 Posts
Nina, I received my order yesterday, November 27th. Thanks for working with me on your mis-shippment and covering the mistake.

Rick
rampman is online now Find More Posts by rampman