HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2014, 09:14 AM
I fly. I'm pilot.
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
Question
Extreme Flight 60" Airframe for IMAC and mild 3D

Hey all, been a while since I've been on here, or really even in the hobby. RC flying has unfortunately taken a bit of a back seat to work, and other hobbies I've been neglecting.

I recently sold my 60" Edge to a friend because I was hardly able to use it, and it was just taking up space. This leaves me with my MkII Vanquish, which is a great plane, but it leaves me wanting a little bit more...

I really miss the size and quality of the 60" airframes. I'd like to get another one, but this time, I'm not so interested in 3D flying as I am with IMAC/scale style stuff. For as little as I fly anymore, I just find that more enjoyable, verses 3D, where I can't get to the field often enough to keep those skills where they need to be.

So my question is this: which Extreme Flight 60" airframe would be the best for this? I really think the Extra would be great, but the MX-S and Laser look good, too.

Can anyone recommend, from experience, which one would be the best at this? I understand that none of them will feel as "locked in" as the Vanquish, but I'm sure one is better than the others at precision. My gut says Extra, but I'm open to other options as well.

Thanks,
Eric
GravyRobber is offline Find More Posts by GravyRobber
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2014, 09:22 AM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2013
397 Posts
Just my humble opinion but I believe the 60" Extra would fulfill your needs nicely. As a side benefit it is a gorgeous airplane in either color scheme. As others will say all of the 60" EF airframes will do exactly what you want them too. If you follow Doc Ausin's setup techniques for sport and precision flying found here http://docaustinextreme.blogspot.com...rt-pilots.html you will surely be satisfied. This was written for the 48" model but most should apply to it's larger brother as well. I hope that this helps.
RKevinEstes is offline Find More Posts by RKevinEstes
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:35 AM
Julian T
Fleet, UK
Joined Jun 2005
527 Posts
I agree! The Extra is a lovely airplane for smooth aeros if you set it up right - also imho better than any of the other 60" airframes in this respect. Up the throws and it's a blast at 3D as well
juliant is online now Find More Posts by juliant
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:01 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,860 Posts
It's a tough choice because the MJXS is so good at precision too, but if I wanted a 60" sport/IMAC plane, I think the Extra has the advantage because it has a longer tail moment.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 28, 2014, 01:13 PM
I fly. I'm pilot.
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
Thanks all...that was my gut feeling, but I just wanted some other opinions. I love the EF planes...I've had 4 of them over the last few years. I won't buy anything else. Oddly enough, Ive never owned an Extra...looks like I'll be ordering as soon as they get them back in stock.
GravyRobber is offline Find More Posts by GravyRobber
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
1,993 Posts
Here is some food for thought. Best of luck in your decision, you cannot go wrong with any of them.
Jeff

Jase Dussia wringing out the Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 EXP (12 min 30 sec)
jwilliamsrc is online now Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
832 Posts
If I were in your shoes, it would most def. be the Extra!
Post some pics when you get it.....
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore