HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
Discussion
Its possible that my OSD Pro killed my AIL Servos?

hi,

i started with my new build, with OSD Pro, RX with PPM.
servos:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=31879

first ecerything was fine, ail/ele/trottle worked...

than i updated firmware and forgot to change from pwm input to ppm input.

now _both_ ail servos stoped working... i checked everything...
another servo directly connected to the Osd works fine, same as the ele servo.

only thing that could have happend is that some pwm/ppm input killed the servos?
is that possible?

what to do?
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2014, 01:23 PM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
and second problem after update...

OSD pro does only show "start" screen... doesnt change. (until i move aux1/2 for menu) after that, picture is shown normaly but without OSD....

tryed downgrading and updating again, doesnt change.

is there any way of hardresetting the OSD Pro?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 08:33 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
442 Posts
Hello,

Try the below and if it doesn't fix the issue, please open a support ticket on our website and we will help you get it sorted.

Be sure you are using our latest software, from here; www.eagletreesystems.com/software

Connect the eLogger (with no other devices connected to the eLogger) to your computer and update the firmware even if it says it has the latest already installed.

Disconnect the eLogger and connect the OSD Pro to it and reconnect to your computer. Then reset the OSD to factory defaults (you will lose your settings so make a backup to restore later) and then update the firmware even if it says it has the latest already installed.

Disconnect the eLogger from your computer and connect the Guardian Stabilizer Expander to the OSD Pro and reconnect it to your computer and update the firmware even if it says it has the latest already installed.

Disconnect the eLogger from your computer and connect any other sensors and reconnect it to your computer and update any other firmware even if it says it has the latest already installed.

Configure one parameter on the OSD, enable PPM and setup you model type, stabilization, run the servo analysis wizard etc. Does it work correctly?

Restore your OSD configuration and test the system.

If this works initially but stops again after restoring your OSD settings, you will need to reset all your OSD settings manually as opposed to restoring it from the backup file.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:14 AM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
problem 2 (welcome scrren) is fixed.

but AIL servos dont work, i think they are broken. ordered new ones.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 09:00 AM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
new servos work !

now i got one more problem..

AIL servos go crazy in the first 1-2 Seconds on bootup. than everything is fine.
i use PPM input.

any advice?