Old Oct 06, 2013, 11:00 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,532 Posts
Discussion
DX7 mixing question.

Did I do this right?

I've got a Delta Ray that flies great, but if anyone's read the thread, the plane has a tendency to climb steeply--very steeply--under power. At around 50% throttle it cruises around nicely. Above 50% throttle it turns into a space shuttle and goes near-vertical at 100% throttle, requiring quite a bit of down-elevator to compensate.

So, I got the plane bound to my DX7.

In mixing, I set up a throttle-->elevator mix

RATE: +50%
+10%

SW:ON
OFFSET:+50

The result:

At above 50% throttle, I get progressively more down elevator to 10% deflection at 100% throttle. Offset is at 50, meaning I only get downward deflection.

Am I understanding this correctly? The results look promising, but I want to make sure I understand what I just programmed.
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2013, 04:21 AM
Old_Robin
United Kingdom, England, Oxon
Joined Aug 2012
50 Posts
Mixing with the DX7s

I too was struggling to find a sensible explanation of mixing and from what you have done I think you are ok. Below half throttle the 10% rate will be active, above the half throttle the 50% will be active, but you have offset which concerns me. To me it is offset on the master channel - i.e. the throttle, and this is not what you want. Personally I would set offset to zero and the rate below half to zero and try that.
Perhaps the attached WORD file will help as an explanation gleened from a variety of posts. The diagram at the bottom is particularly useful in understanding the logic..... (Thanks to others I have taken this info from but I have lost the original posts and so am having trouble creditting them, but "thanks" all the same).
Old_Robin is offline Find More Posts by Old_Robin