SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Saito and Wilesco Items from an Estate Sale

I have recently been lucky enough to aquire a few Saito and Wilesco items from an estate. I have been having a lot of fun cleaning and playing with these items. the ultimate goal is to sell all items but one because I do not have time for another hobby. It has been a lot of fun learning about these items.

I have aquired the following
2 Mighty Saito B2G Boiler and burners
2 very strong Saito T2GR engines
1 Saito B2E Boiler and burner
Wilesco Traktor
Wilesco D24
Wilesco D14

It is my intention to test each item and then sell all but the Wilesco D14.

I do have a few questions, One of the boilers has some crud in the tank. What is the best way to clean the boiler inside. Is there a trick to cleaning the burners? Any other trade secrets etc...

If you are interested in any of the items feel free to contact me. I know what these items are cost new and i am looking for a fair price for the buyer and seller.
wdwesley is offline Find More Posts by wdwesley
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Dec 2005
1,228 Posts
From what I have been seeing on Ebay they usually sell for less then than half of the new price if they are all shined up. Hopefully you got them for a good price.
Steve
steveciambrone is offline Find More Posts by steveciambrone
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:20 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,648 Posts
Superb examples of the Blingmeisters art. Polish all the corrosion off, fit in a glass case and see what you can get back for them.

Brass is not a serious choice for steam generation as, if not treated properly after every steaming (What gets the crud out of the boiler???????) can lead to dezincification which is NOT good in the case of brass.

Even with a boiler test certificate, a UK collector would only regard them as shelf queens.

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Price was good. another question. where can i get the tubing to connect the boiler to the engine? Copper? Brass? Thickness? etc. and what kind of solder or welding do i have to do to connect the nubs to the pipe. Is there a tutorial somewhere?
wdwesley is offline Find More Posts by wdwesley
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:49 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Dec 2005
1,228 Posts
If you are going to flip them then I would not bother buying any piping that may be needed. Loyalhanna may be able to get you any piping. The B2G boiler has a pipe that enters the smoke box and it should exit and have a fitting that attached directly to the T2GR engine.

The B2E boiler has a short pipe on the regulator valve that can attach to an engine. If you do not have an engine for it then I would not bother with it since a perspective buyer might have a different engine and inlet fitting requirement.
Thanks
Steve
steveciambrone is offline Find More Posts by steveciambrone