HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Aug 2010
17 Posts
Help!
phoenix ice2 throttle curve

I'm running an phoenix ice2 160 with fixed end points on a large edf 12khz switching and low timing. throttle response through castle link set to 6, throttle curve in transmitter is linear but response from esc is very top heavy?. Meaning a little stick movement = a lot of change in esc output in the upper ranges 70% and greater on transmitter stick? Any way to make esc react in a linear curve? Thank You for any help you can give me
rotomatt is offline Find More Posts by rotomatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:20 PM
Massachussets
Joined Nov 2005
243 Posts
Adjust your transmitter throttle curve. Steep at low throttle and shallow near high throttle.
wingster is offline Find More Posts by wingster
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:15 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,660 Posts
It’s not the ESC it’s the way that electric motors make power.

I recommend starting with 0, 40, 65, 85, 100 for normal flight mode and 100, 95, 85, 95, 100 for 3D. You will need to tune the curves until you get the response that you want.

A better alternative is to use the Set RPM governor mode.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Last edited by RC Man; Oct 10, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:09 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomatt View Post
I'm running an phoenix ice2 160 with fixed end points on a large edf 12khz switching and low timing. throttle response through castle link set to 6, throttle curve in transmitter is linear but response from esc is very top heavy?. Meaning a little stick movement = a lot of change in esc output in the upper ranges 70% and greater on transmitter stick? Any way to make esc react in a linear curve? Thank You for any help you can give me
CC controllers don't have a linear response to input throttle on purpose so that not all output power is concentrated at the top of the stick movement. It seems you are getting the opposite results to what Castle intended for their controllers:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...54&postcount=5
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...41&postcount=9

Did you calibrate the end points?
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Last edited by 3Dmuse; Oct 11, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:55 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomatt View Post
Have you tried the pitch and throttle curves in your helicopter manual? That should give you a fairly linear response.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Aug 2010
17 Posts
Thank You for replies, first RC Man EDF not heli and yes I have played with throttle curve.Now Its similar to what wingster had suggested, better but not right yet I cant make low end to steep I need small power changes to manage decent rate when landing . Barzaun interesting links 2nd one explains a lot and yes end points are fixed for both low and high stick ( arming and full power) I will keep plugging away at it till I get the right feel
rotomatt is offline Find More Posts by rotomatt