HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2013, 09:10 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
+1 I also changed the plastic ball links. It seems Alzrc's balls are a tad larger. They are cheap from align like $4. I also got the tarot main shaft spacers for use on this and my 500pro. At the time everyone was sold out of the Align spacers.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:44 AM
United States, GA, Peachtree City
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
The head, spare Alzrc shafts, Align spacers and Align ball link ends came in this week. All looks good though the stainless Alzrc shaft produces more friction on the swash's vertical e movement than the chrome Align. The Alzrc ball links, that came with the head, seem fine. Can't pull them off using my fingers. The fattest Align spacer left some vertical play in the main shaft, probably not an issue but if I have to remove the shaft again, for whatever reason, I'll add more spacers. Hobby budget is blown for this month, come on August and Zyx #2.
Spinnerdog is offline Find More Posts by Spinnerdog
Old Jul 21, 2013, 04:47 PM
United States, GA, Peachtree City
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
Did some work on the 500e yesterday, fixed stripped servos and added the Alzrc spacer to the Align spacer. All vertical play is gone and head turns smooth.
Spinnerdog is offline Find More Posts by Spinnerdog
Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:02 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
I just installed my head on the 500 last night. It looks nice and very interested in comparing this to my other 500 with the RJX head.

I had used the turn buckle style nut on the arms to fine tune (Zeroing) my mid stick. I notice that I had broken the loctite seal when adjusting. Now the ball links can move too freely on the swashplate balls.

Is this ok or should I be applying some fresh toctite and fine tune before it sets?
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:17 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,890 Posts
They are not turnbuckles and must be well thread locked into the metal part of the arm.

Adjustment is by a half or full turn of the plastic ball link (half turn requires the ball link pushed on backwards or screwed on already fitted to the ball).
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:31 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Thanks BF for the clarification. I thought it didnt look right once the toctite was broken.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 08:10 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
Mine is still going strong. I am sure I am getting close to a needed tare down. Guess I thought I would of plowed it into the ground by now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2013, 08:32 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
How many flights mhills?

I have compares the HK flybar feathering shaft to the SDC and they are the same. Only the main shaft is different to the FB setup, but the shaft is the same as the Align DFC shaft.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:03 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
Well I would say well over 200. I flew it 20 times at Ircha alone. I would of flown my Goblin more, but only having two batteries and the pressure to perform there made me run back to my 500pro lol! All the Align DFC parts should fit. I got the arms way back thinking I had a issue that ended up incorrect. I did put one on and everything lined up.

Speaking of Ircha. We had 1132 registered pilots there this year and most of them the best of the best. You all know how you push your self with that kind of pressure. I was just lucky to not crash anything lol!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mhills51; Sep 10, 2013 at 09:08 PM.