SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:02 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
Is there a way to "rebind" after changing batteries w/o turning off/on the radio?
Just to confirm what others have noted. I can change batteries on both v911's I have without having to rebind.
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:03 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Quick update:

Halley received my heli on 1/11. I haven't heard anything back. I sent them a follow up email this morning.
I have received my replacement from Halley today. First flight is very positive. A little TBE and some trimming required by a big improvement on the first one.

Thanks Halley for your good customer service.
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Last edited by dferrey; Jan 22, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:22 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmystic View Post
Alright, I'll scrap that idea.

R.sok, what type of thermal paste would be best to use?

And is the thermal paste all that is needed to adhere the aluminum to the motor?
I used 5min JB weld.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Turns out the airplane motor I ordered for my heli is to small as a main motor, Thats ok though because it's the same size as my tail motor but about 1/8 inch longer. I'm wondering if it will be an improvement as this motor goes to the main blade of a plane & I know it works harder in the plane than it would as my heli tail. It will just sit in a package for now as I just replaced my tail motor with a nine eagles.

My carbon main shaft came in today. All I can say is What a difference! Huge improvement over the original. I'd recommend it as a first mod for anyone
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,369 Posts
Usually the US warehouse doesn't have stock of the smaller LiPO. Has this changed?
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
They have some 1s but not much.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:00 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
282 Posts
Quote:
Just to confirm what others have noted. I can change batteries on both v911's I have without having to rebind.
Not with a y911.Only with wltoys v911.
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:10 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Hero rc on amazon have me a $5 refund for the description error on stating the h911 comes with 180mah batteries but there actually 130mah batteries.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:59 PM
Auntie Gravity left me hangin'
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
656 Posts
Hey guys, great thread. I've read it end to end and learned a ton of useful info.

I'm a total noob, and the V911 is my first "real" heli aside from a Mosquito coax that could barely lift its own considerable weight and a couple of completely disposable mall clunkers. I've flown it at least fifty times with no major crashes and no damage (yet). Today was my first prolonged outdoor session and I finally had enough elbow room to go for some wide banked turns and nose-in orientation practice. I'm loving this little thing.

A minor discovery that may be useful: I had no trouble mechanically trimming my Banggood V911 to a hands-off hover with no aileron or elevator trim on the Tx, but I always needed pretty much full-left Tx trim of the rudder. Today, I used a toothpick to apply a tiny drop of light sewing machine oil to the motor shafts, and suddenly I no longer need rudder trim! The motors seem to run a little cooler, too.

Thanks for all the info. I wouldn't be flying this bird without you guys. I have a backup BNF version on the way and another RTF for my wife (so she'll keep her greasy mitts off mine). I also have a mothballed Walkera Super FP *cough*impulse buy*cough*; I'm way too green to mess with a squirrel like that right now.
Uncle Gravity is offline Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:57 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
Turns out the airplane motor I ordered for my heli is to small as a main motor, Thats ok though because it's the same size as my tail motor but about 1/8 inch longer. I'm wondering if it will be an improvement as this motor goes to the main blade of a plane & I know it works harder in the plane than it would as my heli tail. It will just sit in a package for now as I just replaced my tail motor with a nine eagles.

My carbon main shaft came in today. All I can say is What a difference! Huge improvement over the original. I'd recommend it as a first mod for anyone

Mind my asking what motor and from where (link please ). I'm looking for a more powerful replacement motor for my Genius CP tail. It's the same diameter as the v911 tail motor but slightly longer.

Thank You.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Mind my asking what motor and from where (link please ). I'm looking for a more powerful replacement motor for my Genius CP tail. It's the same diameter as the v911 tail motor but slightly longer.

Thank You.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:10 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,369 Posts
Usually the heli tail uses a CCW motor.

I assume airplane motor are CW?

I know some people reverse the polarity to run the motor the oppose way it was design to with success. While others have their motor burn out quicker.

Just something to think bout.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:46 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Carry Kit

I was inspired by you guys getting your cases for the heli's...and the comments I was getting from the management about the heli's "lying around"
I couldn't get a good case shipped here cheaper....or at least I couldn't find one....so...for any other Aussies here...I got this one from Bunnings...I'm gonna go back and get another one for the camera gear...working on something for the chargers and transmitters as well...
Dman1110 is offline Find More Posts by Dman1110
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:02 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Usually the heli tail uses a CCW motor.

I assume airplane motor are CW?

I know some people reverse the polarity to run the motor the oppose way it was design to with success. While others have their motor burn out quicker.

Just something to think bout.
Idk. I will use the airplane motor as my tail motor once my current one burns out.

I just ordered the nine eagles bravo sx main motor, aside from being a direct drop in is it faster than the original? or does it just last longer? I do want to try a bigger pinion but don't know what pitch size to look for
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:15 AM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
How to apply lub oil on main motor ?

To Uncle Gravity,

can you please show with a simple illustration or picture, where did you apply the lub oil to the main motor ?

Thanks
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar