Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Very nice fly spot !
Also thats why i dont like wow anymore ,first they sell v450s with crap servos, then they give you a scratched rx! Wierd huh,

All my batteries are ready for morning! Then we are taking the kids to the pumpkin patch! Yehaw! Lol
All i have left are my 2 v120s. The v120d05 custom needs a airframe replacement. All my other heli are boxed up. Going to sell em. I've burned my bridges with every other job, business or person i didn't care for. Why should now be any different. I just hope wow will refund that RX directly AT THE LEAST. No store credit, no BS. Either get BOTH of my RX replaced or give me a full refund and i'll move on. If they do that, they might get lucky and i MIGHT even buy my X5 from them. If they ever get them back in stock.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:55 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
Movie theaters use wireless routers for there point of sale system and microwave ovens to warm up that slice of pizza. I also found out that food super markets use wireless routers to send the weighing scales info to the point of sale system.

I go to my local Stop & Shop with my cellphone & even that gets disconnected in a phone call or interference with static. This store uses 2.4 Ghz. wireless routers for people to use their cellphones to scan each bought item with the camera & the stores app.

When 2.4 first came out for modelers, I was sceptical due to all the possible interference that could be close by.

I know for a fact that when my Wife fires up the microwave & I am on my computer network of 3 computers, I get totally disconnected from the Internet. Even my hardwired RG45 Ethernet connection gets disconnected. The only way I can prevent it, is to turn off my routers wireless TX.

BTW how close is that airport? They probably have a 2.4 wireless router in their coffee shop for their patrons free WiFi. I use to use a free WiFi when I was on vacation in Newport,RI that was over 2 miles from me & got a good signal out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Really, the only change was putting the brand new RX from wow hobbies on it instead of the RX i had been flying. The servo wires were pulled out individually and taped together. They hardly moved. The only other change was installing a tail blade grip and setting the heli back up with the new RX. Then that happens. So, I turn on the other 450 with the RX installed in it that i have been flying for 30 flights, and it flew fine. I shot 2 short videos to use when listing that heli. NO ISSUES! I even did some loops and things. Don't forget guys, there is nothing out here but a movie theater and a highschool football stadium. The next closest thing to here is a private airport. There really couldn't be anything near by that is that strong, i just can't see it.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Last edited by iflyhelis; Oct 20, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:04 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
The towers receive at 892 Mhz. & 1.1 Ghz. I don't know for sure what they transmit at, but I am sure it isn't 2.4 Ghz.

Quote:
Well i work for cell phone company and what about microwave antennas??? But i would think it would happen more then. But the skys are crazy!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:34 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
I plugged in the field you fly at now into my GPS mapping software & found that you are 6/10 of a mile from the Skyjackers Restaurant/8/10 of a mile from the Hilton Restaurant/1.0 miles from the hospital which most likely runs 2.4

The second set of numbers for your AMA field show that you are 2.5 miles from the airport, which should not be able to interfere with your signal, but you will be restricted to no higher than 500 feet. 3 miles is the minimum.

But it is probably just bad RX's causing your problems.

Quote:
Well there is an airport about 1000-2000 feet away. Then about 2.5 miles from my house there is a cellular tower loaded with all kinds of goodies. I always laugh when i drive by because it seems like no one else notices how all the trees around the tower are sickly or dead. I'm sure it's perfectly safe to live by that thing and NOT get cancer right? Anyway, there really isn't much in that spot. The bottom of the RX had scratches on it, it was dirty and i suspect they know all about this random issue. I just don't understand how it can strap down test and even hover in my driveway and not have an issue. Then just all of a sudden at the field where the other RX had been flying fine for a few weeks suddenly the heli backs out with this new one i just received being the only change in that time. It's just too much. Even the last RX, the working one i bought on ebay didn't have scratches on the RX. Even the little white sticker was all worn off and torn up.

Plug these numbers into google maps and turn on the satellite view. It's pretty damn empty out there.

29.481597,-81.206367

When i get an X5 or whatever i'll register with the AMA and go here instead: 29.459292,-81.170833 Though they are all fixed wing mostly. So we'll see how long that works out.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:23 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
Movie theaters use wireless routers for there point of sale system and microwave ovens to warm up that slice of pizza. I also found out that food super markets use wireless routers to send the weighing scales info to the point of sale system.

I go to my local Stop & Shop with my cellphone & even that gets disconnected in a phone call or interference with static. This store uses 2.4 Ghz. wireless routers for people to use their cellphones to scan each bought item with the camera & the stores app.

When 2.4 first came out for modelers, I was sceptical due to all the possible interference that could be close by.

I know for a fact that when my Wife fires up the microwave & I am on my computer network of 3 computers, I get totally disconnected from the Internet. Even my hardwired RG45 Ethernet connection gets disconnected. The only way I can prevent it, is to turn off my routers wireless TX.

BTW how close is that airport? They probably have a 2.4 wireless router in their coffee shop for their patrons free WiFi. I use to use a free WiFi when I was on vacation in Newport,RI that was over 2 miles from me & got a good signal out of it.
Oh funny, you know that the effective range of most 2.4 ghz routers is only about 300 feet right? I'm no where near 300 feet to anything out there. Besides that, it's funny what you said about the microwave. Because in my studio i have a micro fridge and a microwave sitting on top, and the wireless router is on top of that. I've never noticed a Internet outage after heating up a hot pocket. But i don't eat food out of a microwave anymore. So it's been a while since that's been used though. I'm pretty sure if any of these devices were a worry with these RX, all these guys flying in their back yard would be screwed!

Quote:
I plugged in the field you fly at now into my GPS mapping software & found that you are 6/10 of a mile from the Skyjackers Restaurant/8/10 of a mile from the Hilton Restaurant/1.0 miles from the hospital which most likely runs 2.4

The second set of numbers for your AMA field show that you are 2.5 miles from the airport, which should not be able to interfere with your signal, but you will be restricted to no higher than 500 feet. 3 miles is the minimum.

But it is probably just bad RX's causing your problems.
Just FYI, DkFuji, a veteran and trusted rcgroups member. Has confirmed he has had the same "lock out" issue occur on his v450 and v500 and so has his brother. On top of that Kdean is also having the exact same issue in another thread, or so i've heard. Add this all together and throw in all the guys here having NO issue, plus me having one of 3 2702Vs with NO issue. I feel it's safe to say the 2702V has a fairly common, random, but as of yet, not completely confirmed and decried publicly.

In any case, wow contacted me and will replace the new RX i just bought with a V500 2702V which is the updated version from wow. Dkfuji in the other thread suggested i get this one instead if they will replace it. But wow told me they would rather send me that one because they were told it works better, probably by DkFuji, who has done a lot of testing for them. So that will work out for now. They won't do anything about the old one, of course, we all knew that. Because they have no record of me buying it from them. Of course that is because someone else got stuck with it and couldn't get it replaced/fixed by them and sold it to me. But that's okay, i'll just move on. X5 here i come.

And BTW, the FAA has us ALL, anywhere near the airport restricted to 200 foot ceiling. This will especially be true at the RC airfield, where their website has it stated and i have been told by others here as well. I see planes come by my field at the movies all the time around 150-200 foot circling. So, i doubt the police will come and grab me for going over the ceiling. But i really should have a spotter out there with me. But i'm pretty good about keeping the low ceiling. Thats why i can invert to the ground and back already. I had to duck planes enough times
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
I bet biggie is out with his babies. Then when he's done he might take the kids out for ice cream! lol.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:22 PM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
I am not attacking you, just giving you food for thought.
Line of sight 2.4 Gig router 1,400 feet unless it is amplified (I have a amplifier)
My Router is a (A/B/G) if you have a (N) router it is on a different frequency.
I did read in some of the other threads that a few of the other people were having black-outs with the 2702 RX also.

I had a thread I was going to link here for you, about certain ESC's causing brown-outs similar to what you are having. I didn't put it up because no one listed their exact setup with motor/ESC/servos. But if you would like me to find it again & link it here, I will do that for you.

I really think the RX is the culprit!

About your altitude limit: AMA mentions a 500 foot ceiling within a 3 mile distance from any airport. But you can get special permissions via that airport to fly higher, as long as you don't interfere with traffic, then you must descend.

I use to fly at a local airport & we were just told that if we see one coming in for a landing or take-off, please descend. I doubt you are exceeding the limit with that little helicopter. Different story when a person flies a plank! I use to fly mine up to 3-4K feet just to see if I could get up that high.

Quote:
Oh funny, you know that the effective range of most 2.4 ghz routers is only about 300 feet right? I'm no where near 300 feet to anything out there. Besides that, it's funny what you said about the microwave. Because in my studio i have a micro fridge and a microwave sitting on top, and the wireless router is on top of that. I've never noticed a Internet outage after heating up a hot pocket. But i don't eat food out of a microwave anymore. So it's been a while since that's been used though. I'm pretty sure if any of these devices were a worry with these RX, all these guys flying in their back yard would be screwed!

Just FYI, DkFuji, a veteran and trusted rcgroups member. Has confirmed he has had the same "lock out" issue occur on his v450 and v500 and so has his brother. On top of that Kdean is also having the exact same issue in another thread, or so i've heard. Add this all together and throw in all the guys here having NO issue, plus me having one of 3 2702Vs with NO issue. I feel it's safe to say the 2702V has a fairly common, random, but as of yet, not completely confirmed and decried publicly.

In any case, wow contacted me and will replace the new RX i just bought with a V500 2702V which is the updated version from wow. Dkfuji in the other thread suggested i get this one instead if they will replace it. But wow told me they would rather send me that one because they were told it works better, probably by DkFuji, who has done a lot of testing for them. So that will work out for now. They won't do anything about the old one, of course, we all knew that. Because they have no record of me buying it from them. Of course that is because someone else got stuck with it and couldn't get it replaced/fixed by them and sold it to me. But that's okay, i'll just move on. X5 here i come.

And BTW, the FAA has us ALL, anywhere near the airport restricted to 200 foot ceiling. This will especially be true at the RC airfield, where their website has it stated and i have been told by others here as well. I see planes come by my field at the movies all the time around 150-200 foot circling. So, i doubt the police will come and grab me for going over the ceiling. But i really should have a spotter out there with me. But i'm pretty good about keeping the low ceiling. Thats why i can invert to the ground and back already. I had to duck planes enough times
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
Read IT: About interference including your own cellphone bluetooth could be causing a problem.
Our Walkera TX/RX is on the same protocol as the Bluetooth in our cellphone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
I am not attacking you, just giving you food for thought.
Line of sight 2.4 Gig router 1,400 feet unless it is amplified (I have a amplifier)
My Router is a (A/B/G) if you have a (N) router it is on a different frequency.
I did read in some of the other threads that a few of the other people were having black-outs with the 2702 RX also.

I had a thread I was going to link here for you, about certain ESC's causing brown-outs similar to what you are having. I didn't put it up because no one listed their exact setup with motor/ESC/servos. But if you would like me to find it again & link it here, I will do that for you.

I really think the RX is the culprit!

About your altitude limit: AMA mentions a 500 foot ceiling within a 3 mile distance from any airport. But you can get special permissions via that airport to fly higher, as long as you don't interfere with traffic, then you must descend.

I use to fly at a local airport & we were just told that if we see one coming in for a landing or take-off, please descend. I doubt you are exceeding the limit with that little helicopter. Different story when a person flies a plank! I use to fly mine up to 3-4K feet just to see if I could get up that high.
Your right about the possible range of 2.4 ghz, except that format is severely effected by obstructions and hardware limitations. Plus it's usually located inside of a building. So your lucky if you get more than 30 feet with a A/B/G/Super G router. My gigabit N router is the one i spoke of. Could be why the microwave does not effect it. That router i can walk to the end of my driveway. About 150 feet from the router though my wood framed house, where the router happens to be pressed against the wall on that side. But it does not operate very well and maintaining connection is a joke. But you can see the signal is reaching there. My cell phone is a 2.4ghz wireless router it's self. It's never turned on, neither is blue tooth. In fact my phones are so hacked and reprogrammed with custom roms and 3rd party software i don't even think the provider could access it anymore. Which is just me in denial. Of course there are a few organizations at any time that can access your phone, turn on or off whatever they please, look at your data and utilize your microphones and cameras. It's all in the 1996 telecommunications act that went into effect in 2004. So who knows what kinds of radiation that phone is putting out.

The airport is the one imposing the 200 foot restriction. I do go every bit of 200+ foot when doing loops. But thats about it. It's not like a plank, your right. But these transmitters use a signal hopping algorithm. Even if it did get interference, it would be brief and nothing like the old radio frequencies where you would just loose it. In my case, i'm positive it's completely loosing signal, and with 2.4 Ghz systems. That means it's also loosing it's ID and bind. It will have to take all that time to reconnect even if it grabs the signal again. Using ID bind it will hopefully come right back online when it's ready, but lately since i have been switching the RXs around i have not been using ID bind so there is absolutely no chance of regaining control. If 2.4 Ghz was doing anything besides ruining human DNA. Even Spektrum & Futaba would have switched out of the format by now. It should be solid and DSM2/DSMX is probably far superior to walkera's 2801 format. I think the Devo is DSM now. I don't know. I don't care. I'm not going to deal with them anymore.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 20, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:18 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,224 Posts
walkera v450d01 3d oct 20 2012 (5 min 37 sec)

here is a flight from this am. more 600 flights on my youtube@ninja636king, i wish they would let me change the name to heli biggie. the sim is really paying off
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:50 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
http://youtu.be/YrqKSm-18mY

here is a flight from this am. more 600 flights on my youtube@ninja636king, i wish they would let me change the name to heli biggie. the sim is really paying off
you can always make a new channel. They keep trying to make me use my real name. I'm so sick of this push for total loss of anonymity on the web. Oh well. Keep em coming.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,224 Posts
Lol , no ice cream but a bunch of pumpkin fun lol.im doing roasted pumpkin seeds right now , they are my favorite,

As for wireless router , i cant get signal off my own router , in 2 rooms over! Oh well

i still think its bad rx , but i was thinking the common factor is your tx??.???

Ya , youtube wanted me to use real name also. , but not let me change , thats dumb
Last edited by Heli Biggie; Oct 20, 2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: More info
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:22 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Lol , no ice cream but a bunch of pumpkin fun lol.im doing roasted pumpkin seeds right now , they are my favorite,

As for wireless router , i cant get signal off my own router , in 2 rooms over! Oh well

i still think its bad rx , but i was thinking the common factor is your tx??.???

Ya , youtube wanted me to use real name also. , but not let me change , thats dumb
Well i just ordered some parts to repair it. I'll have to send this RX back to wow and wait for a new one. It's quite frustrating, knowing that i'm going to go though all this AGAIN. Time & money. Just to have it maybe ditch it's self again. But if it works out, i guess thats cool. I just don't know how i can ever trust flying it. I might just hover it in my drive way, then sell it.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:46 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,029 Posts
Sometimes, when i'm flying, the way it looks almost reminds me of the 450. (sniff) Except it's sooo freaking small!!

V120D05CS08 - Serious D02S & 130X Competitor (8 min 19 sec)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,224 Posts
I left the house to go fly and forgot my 600 batteries, so i only had one flight with the 600 and 4 great flight with the 450, i even got her inverted at head level.

At the other site my head speed came up. He said it sounded higher than 3000rpms, and it was , with my ipad app It was 3500 to 3800, and thats only 70%, i put my st 1 at 60 and my headspeed was 3400 to 3500. Shes a screamer! Lol
Last edited by Heli Biggie; Oct 21, 2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: More info