SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2015, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by rc stuff is cool
Joined Jun 2015
43 Posts
Help!
Is there a simulator that works with your tv?

Does anyone no a flight sim that can hook to your tv instead of computer because my computer isn't new enough and is not able to work right with the simulator.
rc stuff is cool is online now Find More Posts by rc stuff is cool
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by JD-Slow-Thumbs
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2010
351 Posts
For … low-impact / gentle-on-the-computer … I would recommend either/both RC-DeskPilot (free) or Clearview ($40) and a wired USB “radio” controller.

Since, as a beginner, you can do almost all of your flying using only 4 channels, especially using these simulators, I recommend the “E-Sky 4 Channel USB simulator” for the entry level simulator controller.

Good Luck
JD

P.S. There was a simulator called “FMS” Flying Model Simulator, which is fading into the sunset, if your computer is also heading into the sunset, then you might see if they make a good match. FMS was good at getting many of us flying in simulators.

P.P.S. Like an old fashioned video game that tied directly to the tv? No, never met one. sorry
JD-Slow-Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by JD-Slow-Thumbs
Old Jun 25, 2015, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by skirtz
Joined Sep 2002
2,149 Posts
I will recommend to try the ClearView replacement - Absolute RC Player from http://absolutesim.com It works on Windows and Macs, but also works on any Android phone. Using Chromecasts, you can get your phone screen on the TV at full HD, then use the phone as controller. Hard to beat that.
skirtz is online now Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
2,373 Posts
Most if not all flight sims use the computer's processor to operate. However if your TV has a PC input (most modern digital TV's do) then any simulator can obviously be viewed on it, as you would just be using the TV as the monitor.

A couple of years ago I watched the entire tour de France on my TV via online streaming from my laptop, which was plugged into the PC input.
Fly Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:53 PM
Joined Jun 2015
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz View Post
I will recommend to try the ClearView replacement - Absolute RC Player from http://absolutesim.com It works on Windows and Macs, but also works on any Android phone. Using Chromecasts, you can get your phone screen on the TV at full HD, then use the phone as controller. Hard to beat that.
Yea my ol fone has Leo flight sim and I have hdmi and i pluged it up and used my phone as controller but I want to be able to get to fly using my remote or a rc remote and be able to hook to my tv using it somehow without having to use my computer because when I trie to use my computer I want to smash it into a million peices it says error every time i true to get on te Internet lol but I have a apple and android phone and my android can hook to my tv
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:45 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,149 Posts
The AbsoluteRC Player from htp://absolutesim.com will work with your controller connected to your phone. Just use USB mini adapter and connect the sim cable to the phone, then cast phone to TV. No computer involved, no wires, full HDTV view and you can use any RC radio controller.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 08:04 PM
Joined Jun 2015
43 Posts
Ok thank u
Old Jun 27, 2015, 04:34 AM
Find More Posts by minirotor
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Wheel View Post
Most if not all flight sims use the computer's processor to operate. However if your TV has a PC input (most modern digital TV's do) then any simulator can obviously be viewed on it, as you would just be using the TV as the monitor.

A couple of years ago I watched the entire tour de France on my TV via online streaming from my laptop, which was plugged into the PC input.
Yep.
You can get any thing you want to appear on the the TV screen from your smart phone or Computer[same thing really]

All you need to do is connect you smart phone or computer to the TV by cable or wirelessly.
Go to your local TV/Computer shops to find the best way to suit your TV/Phone/Computer systems.
Oh-and good old google/search as well helps to give you some basic info to start with.

I use a HDMI lead to TV with my very old laptop, and Netgear wireless system to get my android phone to appear on the TV.

M
minirotor is online now Find More Posts by minirotor
Old Jun 27, 2015, 08:56 PM
Joined Jun 2015
43 Posts
Quote:
The AbsoluteRC Player from htp://absolutesim.com will work with your controller connected to your phone. Just use USB mini adapter and connect the sim cable to the phone, then cast phone to TV. No computer involved, no wires, full HDTV view and you can use any RC radio controller.

Ok I got the avsolute flight sim on my phone if I plug my phone up to the ttx850 will it work and will i plug it to the aux hole in my alpple iPhone 4s or were it charges and im guessing I plug the remote up were the plug goes out to charge it
Old Jun 27, 2015, 09:22 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,149 Posts
It all depends on if your phone (or tablet) is Android or Apple device. The Micro USB adapter that connects RC Simulator cable (or USB controller) works only on Android phones.

You can't connect and use USB controllers to Apple devices at all. They are incompatible at hardware level. Apple use for its controller type devices different interface called MFi (wired or wireless). Absolute RC Sim on Apple devices will work with any MFi controller.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 01:59 AM
Joined Jun 2015
43 Posts
Quote:
It all depends on if your phone (or tablet) is Android or Apple device. The Micro USB adapter that connects RC Simulator cable (or USB controller) works only on Android phones.

You can't connect and use USB controllers to Apple devices at all. They are incompatible at hardware level. Apple use for its controller type devices different interface called MFi (wired or wireless). Absolute RC Sim on Apple devices will work with any MFi controller.
Ok so I'm guessin that I can only use my transmitter with my ANDRIOD phone and by doing that I must plug it into it hdmi port on fone then on trams mitter were do I put it
Old Jun 28, 2015, 05:20 AM
Find More Posts by minirotor
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc stuff is cool View Post
Ok so I'm guessin that I can only use my transmitter with my ANDRIOD phone and by doing that I must plug it into it hdmi port on fone then on trams mitter were do I put it
Into the 'trainer' plug/socket[usually female type] on the back or side of the TX[some very cheap/basic 3 or 4ch TX's do not have this outlet plug/socket]
These plugs come in different shapes and types depending on the type/brand of TX you have got.
You may need a short adaptor lead/plugs from the TX outlet plug to your lead.

Most android phones only have micro-USB plug.
So you will probably need another short adaptor lead that plugs into the phone to your USB lead to the TX.

Go to your favourite electronics shop for the adaptor leads[take your TX and phone with you]

Ah-and then the actual long lead/dongle itself that plugs between the adaptor leads needs to be a bit special.
It has to have a code box/thingy on one end of it to make the sim work[what we used to call FMS sim type leads]

Leads/dongles that come with sims like Phoenix/Aerofly/Realfight will not generally work on cheap or free sims[and vice versa]they are coded different.

My favourite lead/dongle for free/cheap sims is from GWS[Type GWF SM002]
Simular leads/dongles are available at most good hobby shops.
Some of the cheaper leads/dongles do not work properly[kind of luck thing depending on your TX as to how well it works]

M
minirotor is online now Find More Posts by minirotor
Last edited by minirotor; Jun 28, 2015 at 05:38 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2015, 07:16 PM
Joined Jun 2015
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
Into the 'trainer' plug/socket[usually female type] on the back or side of the TX[some very cheap/basic 3 or 4ch TX's do not have this outlet plug/socket]
These plugs come in different shapes and types depending on the type/brand of TX you have got.
You may need a short adaptor lead/plugs from the TX outlet plug to your lead.

Most android phones only have micro-USB plug.
So you will probably need another short adaptor lead that plugs into the phone to your USB lead to the TX.

Go to your favourite electronics shop for the adaptor leads[take your TX and phone with you]

Ah-and then the actual long lead/dongle itself that plugs between the adaptor leads needs to be a bit special.
It has to have a code box/thingy on one end of it to make the sim work[what we used to call FMS sim type leads]

Leads/dongles that come with sims like Phoenix/Aerofly/Realfight will not generally work on cheap or free sims[and vice versa]they are coded different.

My favourite lead/dongle for free/cheap sims is from GWS[Type GWF SM002]
Simular leads/dongles are available at most good hobby shops.
Some of the cheaper leads/dongles do not work properly[kind of luck thing depending on your TX as to how well it works]

M
Thanks my phone does have a hdmi to