HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:06 AM
Utrecht, the Netherlands
Joined Jun 2002
71 Posts
Discussion
Design tricopter

Although the first tricopter I've build 2 years ago still flies perfectly, I didn't really like the look of it (kind of messy with its wooden arms with ESCs taped to it etc.), so I decided to build a new one. This one should look better and perform a little better as well. In stead of using a KK FC I'm now using a MultiWii FC and made the arms a little shorter for more aggressive flying.

This time I decided to use carbon tubing so the motor wires can be hidden in there and cut some fancy parts out of Delrin on my laser cutter. I wanted to add a something as fuselage/canopy as well so I came up with a design that was inspired by one of the models of YouTube user Roboforcerx2000. I tried to make it fit with the GoPro camera. These depron parts where also laser-cut and engraved. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with this design yet but I think it looks better than a bare frame with open electronics.
In case anyone wants to build one as well, I'm including the drawings.
luuksteitner is offline Find More Posts by luuksteitner
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:38 AM
Do a Barrel Roll!
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Jun 2005
1,023 Posts
fancy!

How did you make those little front arm lock tabs on your frame? Meaning did you just bend the delrin down, or heat and bend it? Good idea there.
rcbif is offline Find More Posts by rcbif
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:47 AM
Utrecht, the Netherlands
Joined Jun 2002
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbif View Post
fancy!

How did you make those little front arm lock tabs on your frame? Meaning did you just bend the delrin down, or heat and bend it? Good idea there.
I heated it with a lighter before bending it down. When its cooled of its just as though as before.
luuksteitner is offline Find More Posts by luuksteitner