HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
House of Balsa A-7 Jet Coursair convert to duct fan eletric

Hi I new here and have been bulding for man years, I recently got a A-7 House of balsa prop version. I want to convert to ducted fan ele brushless dose any one think that is posible? please help
glenship is offline Find More Posts by glenship
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:09 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,343 Posts
by the time you do, you could build one from scratch.
just keep it as an electric prop jet.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:06 PM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,756 Posts
Have you built ducted fans before? I took a prop jet (Arrow) and converted it to an EDF- wasn't impossible and was certainly easier than a clean sheet of paper- but a lot depends on how comfy you are coming up with ducting.

I suspect that the real problem is that a fan that will fit- at a guess- a 70 mm fan- can fly a 3 lb airplane- and closer to 2 lbs is better. Can you build that airplane that light? The rep on it is that it's a bit of a tank.

You'll also get better responses in the EDF forum.

Sam
Megowcoupe is offline Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
A-7

I have built ducted fan before wood and foam this kit is all balsa and ply and I should be able to lighten it up I have not recived it yet it has a 38 in wing span and I belive it is a little over 2lb and can be lightend up I thought if I keep the CG the same and get enough thrust by removing bottom section before fan this should not be to hard with 70 mm fan
glenship is offline Find More Posts by glenship