HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
Tricopter help!

Hey guys I'm totally new to all this but basically I want to do some GoPro aerial footage and I was looking around and it seemed a tricopter would be best for this. The thing is I have no idea where or how to start. Everyone seems to be making their own?
Can you please steer me in the right direction. Is there one already built I can buy, if not or that isn't the best option, where and what kit/parts should I buy that would be suitable for a GoPro and beginner flyer. Cheers.
danandmoore is offline Find More Posts by danandmoore
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:44 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Honestly, I think a quad copter is what people are using these days. I fly helicopters so I may not be the best source, but there is a multi rotor forum here. You might want to post there.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:06 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quads and triples are not suited to beginners. You need training first. I would suggest a Blade MQx quad (WL Toys VL929 and 949 are good copies). It's very durable and a little more gentle than most multi-rotor kits. When you are ready to buy or build a better one, I suggest Goodluckbuy.com. They have a nice selection of kits and ARF models.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14