HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2014, 08:08 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,700 Posts
Im still practicing flying low with the goggles on. I have not tried to land yet. The cockpit view makes it even harder to see where the ground is. I've been watching replays of my goggles off landings to get an idea of air speed and altitude readings just before touch down, so I can try to recreate the approach, decent, and touch down. A better camera view, without all that nose and prop in the way, would make it easier.

The pan and tilt has two settings. One to be controlled separately with the sliders on the side of my devo12. The other, when I flip a switch, ties the pan to the rudder and the tilt with the elevator.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2014, 09:32 PM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Like i said, they haven't even called me for selection yet. So regardless that is going to be two days wasted. There was one woman there saying she was recovering from a surgery, had stitches for proof and has two of her kid's birth certificates showing they were under 10 years old AND school was out for the day today. They didn't send her home from what i heard. They just put her up in the first group for selection, and she talked directly with the judge.

My one saving grace is that they apparently settled two of the 4 cases and may settle the other two before tonight. So they gave a number to call later tonight to see if we need to come back or not.
well hopefully you don't have to go back.................my aunt get's out of it everytime! have to find out her secret,
but it sure is alot of wasted production for the country,
not to mention I'm sure the 2 days pay would be better in your pocket than someone elses.
just seems like such a bad system, and u would think they could do it better by now

going to see your vids tonite Kdean,
but darnit, go sucked into doing some vid and review for nano quad thread so busy, busy,

was waiting for some more fpv from ya
psychlic is offline Find More Posts by psychlic
Old Oct 20, 2014, 09:38 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Im still practicing flying low with the goggles on. I have not tried to land yet. The cockpit view makes it even harder to see where the ground is. I've been watching replays of my goggles off landings to get an idea of air speed and altitude readings just before touch down, so I can try to recreate the approach, decent, and touch down. A better camera view, without all that nose and prop in the way, would make it easier.

The pan and tilt has two settings. One to be controlled separately with the sliders on the side of my devo12. The other, when I flip a switch, ties the pan to the rudder and the tilt with the elevator.
I had a flight this weekend with a friend calling out my height. I was finding that I thought I was much higher than I actually was. It was very useful though as by the end I had a good idea of what alt of 2, 5, 10m looked like.

I've also just taken delivery of a ZMR250 CF Quad Frame and I'm looking forward to building this up with the GPS/OSD/VTX/600TVL (later to be replaced with 800TVL effio). The FPV cam is placed where there's nothing in view thus avoiding the difficulties you have with all that nose and prop.
One video of a homemade FPV rig I saw had the cam on a mast at the rear allowing him to see the quad and the ground from a little distance. He said it made landing much easier since the rush was reduced. I may also try that config at some point but more difficult due to the CoG and drag issues on a plank maybe?

I have been using a mobius and I think there is a lag which makes learning a little difficult also, the Tri is pretty over powered, SS 2204 2300KV on 3S with 6045 props so finding an easy hover point is a little tricky.

Thanks for the explanation of the pan/tilt. Very neat.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Oct 21, 2014, 03:15 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,632 Posts
Mobius Support Tantrum

geez, this is childish.................after 3 month I am now just starting to use the Mobius
and in the Instruction manual it gives a link to an RCG thread for customer support.
so I go to the thread, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559 , and it appears that the thread closed a couple weeks ago.
so I read back alittle to see what went on, and it looks like the thread starter and a guy were not seeing eye to eye,
so the thread starter decided to close it.

How do you do that when it is in an instruction manual??
talk about arrogance!
so what message does that relay to a new user like me?
to me it says that they need to get their act together, grow up, and maybe not think so highly of themselves........................

geez, people!
Last edited by psychlic; Oct 21, 2014 at 03:20 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 08:11 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlic View Post
geez, this is childish.................after 3 month I am now just starting to use the Mobius
and in the Instruction manual it gives a link to an RCG thread for customer support.
so I go to the thread, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559 , and it appears that the thread closed a couple weeks ago.
so I read back alittle to see what went on, and it looks like the thread starter and a guy were not seeing eye to eye,
so the thread starter decided to close it.

How do you do that when it is in an instruction manual??
talk about arrogance!
so what message does that relay to a new user like me?
to me it says that they need to get their act together, grow up, and maybe not think so highly of themselves........................

geez, people!
LOL

Sorry, but LOL... I've been on that thread on and off for a couple of years. The first 9 months were good but after that... it became very lame.

The problem is that no-one uses the 'search' button or even google and all the questions have basically been asked.
If you have genuinely searched the thread and found the solution not to be found then go ask directly via PM to Tom or me even.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:50 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
LOL

Sorry, but LOL... I've been on that thread on and off for a couple of years. The first 9 months were good but after that... it became very lame.

The problem is that no-one uses the 'search' button or even google and all the questions have basically been asked.
If you have genuinely searched the thread and found the solution not to be found then go ask directly via PM to Tom or me even.
Thanks thwaitm
sounds like that thread needs a manager
I spent about an hour reading the first portion of thread.
went on another forum and got some help

the SD card does not want to be read
it is a class4 as specified but nothing
I think maybe I got a bad one and should send it back
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:27 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,287 Posts
The chrome is almost gone from the 3gx cover. But then I'm thinking I need to do some blades off testing. I think almost everytime the glitched happened I went inverted. So I will remove ALL blades and power up heli. Then carefully pick up heli and invert it. Shake it around and do a little dance with it! I wish I was doing this with my 450 but nope.....
I'm thinking it will do it again and I will have to send back my castle 160 esc. They say they will check it for you like after a crash . Won't be able to send back 3gx so if it comes to that . I will have an IKON800!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 21, 2014, 06:57 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,287 Posts
testing the 450 at night. i wonder if there is a setting on gopro to make night shots a little better

IKON450D01 at night! (2 min 12 sec)
Old Oct 22, 2014, 01:04 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
There is only static when you either,

1) fly out of range (i can get about 500 meters out at a good height with this setup)

2) something solid is between the vtx and vrx, or you get reflections of the signal from near by objects/buildings (multipathing).

3) flying directly over the vrx, there is a null spot with these antennas.

Those are the main causes of the static that im getting. Yes, you see the static while you are flying. I have the choice to either try fly through the static (if i know that i can), or hit the RTH and wait for it to become clear again as it flies back home.

The second vid is mostly the RTH flying over head while I play with the pan and tilt, so its is very staticky.
very kool KD! I especially like your dive shots. u Jedi fpv master now!
bit noisy though, and like Biggie said, static, but I'm sure u will sort it out in due time, or is that as good as that set will do?
Wonder if there is a way to muffle the mic a bit with foam or something to make it more tolerable and still here some engine sounds?

oh btw, fyi, I have some of my people (boss and wife) heading your way to some sort of scuba hotel or something, in January.
don't let them drown please ................................is it still warm there in January?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I had a flight this weekend with a friend calling out my height. I was finding that I thought I was much higher than I actually was. It was very useful though as by the end I had a good idea of what alt of 2, 5, 10m looked like.

I've also just taken delivery of a ZMR250 CF Quad Frame and I'm looking forward to building this up with the GPS/OSD/VTX/600TVL (later to be replaced with 800TVL effio). The FPV cam is placed where there's nothing in view thus avoiding the difficulties you have with all that nose and prop.
One video of a homemade FPV rig I saw had the cam on a mast at the rear allowing him to see the quad and the ground from a little distance. He said it made landing much easier since the rush was reduced. I may also try that config at some point but more difficult due to the CoG and drag issues on a plank maybe?

I have been using a mobius and I think there is a lag which makes learning a little difficult also, the Tri is pretty over powered, SS 2204 2300KV on 3S with 6045 props so finding an easy hover point is a little tricky.

Thanks for the explanation of the pan/tilt. Very neat.
Nice! I want one of those!
hope everything goes well goes well with your new speedster...............u are going to make it fast aren't u bud?
please post some vid when u are ready

here's the original BlackOut 250 hauling arss!
this looks like such a blast!...................a REALIFE vid game

FPV racing practice with Mini H Blackout (2 min 52 sec)

FPV racing practice with Mini H Blackout Run2 (3 min 19 sec)

Blackout Mini H 4s Multipath Shopping Mall Crash (0 min 19 sec)

still looking for a good race vid of these.......................
Last edited by psychlic; Oct 22, 2014 at 01:16 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:21 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,632 Posts
has anyone seen this compilation yet? WOW!

Top 10 Fighter Jets Flyby Low Pass HD (2 min 51 sec)
Old Oct 22, 2014, 03:39 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlic View Post

Nice! I want one of those!
hope everything goes well goes well with your new speedster...............u are going to make it fast aren't u bud?
please post some vid when u are ready

Yeah, I already have a Warpquad for pure lunacy but I'm going to be putting 6030 HQ Props onto SunnySky 2204 2300KV motors and running 3S. The Warpquad is great for all things LOS but too bonkers to learn FPV on. I also want RTH so that means full GPS as well as all the FPV stuff and there isn't space on anything else which is small enough that I feel OK about FPVing it. I have larger stuff that can carry the gear but if I screw up then it'll make more of a mess.

I surely will post video both from the on board mobius and from the FPV link as long as the cheapa$$ DVR works correctly.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:06 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,287 Posts
My 3gx cover is all black now. No more chrome. Spooled up 800 without blades and flipped it and shook it in my hands . No glitch. Guess I gotta test this weekend.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 06:35 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,287 Posts
GHOSTQUAD

GHOSTQUAD 2014 (2 min 28 sec)
Old Oct 23, 2014, 07:06 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
United States, PA, Mt Pleasant
Joined Jul 2012
183 Posts
Walk-era and Beyond

Nice biggie. Awesome. Try and scare ur kids like this
Epic Halloween Prank by Tom Mabe (2 min 14 sec)
weav01 is offline Find More Posts by weav01
Old Oct 24, 2014, 02:20 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,632 Posts
Mobius Support Thread is re-open.

No help.

I am very disappointed with the Mobius. Now that I go t i working it is not good
it has a bad microphone or something, because it makes such a rattling sound when it is recording.
Has anyone else had this issue with the mobius?
Last edited by psychlic; Yesterday at 11:00 AM.