SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
Discussion
Whats a fair price?

On a Ultra Micro T-28 in pretty darn good shape RTF with charger, mlp4dsm transmitter and a battery? Received one in a trade and have a slew of other UM planes, just did it to help out a friend.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:46 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Rtf I'd say 85-90 shipped.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:12 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,934 Posts
Trader Rating: 197
How many flights approximately? Does the batt still hold a good charge? With any dings or marks, I'd say around $75 shipped. If like new and the batt is still good, maybe around $85 shipped.

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:35 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,961 Posts
Trader Rating: 644
Any other Garret(t)s want to chime in?
$85 sounds about right with a decent batt.
-Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:46 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,823 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
I'm a trader,and try to find a balance between what I paid,and what I'm comfortable with selling an item for.

It usually averages out to 50 to 60 % of the new price.

You're aware values vary on certain popular items so there's no hard and fast rule.

I'm not familiar with your item,but I do check at the bottom of the ad's page,and see what items have been selling for-or not-
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:33 PM
Bacon
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
Trader Rating: 60
As described, $75-$85. You may get folks asking for it as a BNF. I would say $65-$70 shipped. You can get $10-$20 for the transmitter. (I personally try to buy all my UM's for around $40 so if I crash, I can still get $35-$50 for the electronics.)
super_dork is online now Find More Posts by super_dork
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
I'm no Garret(t) but, in my considered opinion I'd vouch that a "fair price" highly depends on whether you're the one buyin', or the one sellin'. *wiggles eyebrows*

[[and more to borrow a wee bit of space here for my newfound friend ol' buddy ol' pal Josh A.:
Have we found out anything yet regarding a certain Native American damsel's potential residency status? Hmmmm?? ]]
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,961 Posts
Trader Rating: 644
Well, I'm still trying to figure out if her wings will come off.
If they're glued in...no dice. But if it's just a press fit or magnets....game ON.
J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Sep 2009
134 Posts
Trader Rating: 409
I agree with epoxyearl's point. Usually up to 60% of the price when new. Also depends on the demand. Case in point: I have a UM Corsair RTF that retails for $139. I am selling it for $110 shipped (around 80% of the original) and I am not even gonna get that amount after paypal fees and shipping - $90 net if somebody gets it for $110 shipped. So about 65% of the original value for a new in box plane.
Buying is usually easier because you're the one who has the $.
ton2di is online now Find More Posts by ton2di
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys. Thoughts? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740361
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:41 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Thanks for all the info guys. Thoughts? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740361
Thoughts. Welllll, I see "$60 shipped for the BNF". Then I see you posted an hour later, "Also willing to do BNF for $70 shipped."

Would you consider $80?
(Shipped, of course)

MAN I drive a hard bargain!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:14 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
I'm still puzzled by all the high prices here. I want a substantial discount on used stuff. My last two purchases don't fly right even though they are in nice shape. The risk is all on the buyer. Right now there is a guy selling a nano cpx that he has crashed and has issues for $5 less than new. I say its worth $70 tops.

Right now I would like an mcpx but why would I pay more than $100 for one with all he tiny parts that can wear and I get a new one for $170. Honestly it better be perfect or $100. I don't attach any resale value to my aircraft that have been used, crashed, and repaired. They are worthless. My new in the box Trex 450 has value. After I fly and crash it, its just a bunch of parts.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Last edited by shahram72; Oct 07, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I'm still puzzled by all the high prices here. I want a substantial discount on used stuff. My last two purchases don't fly right even though they are in nice shape. The risk is all on the buyer. Right now there is a guy selling a nano cpx that he has crashed and has issues for $5 less than new. I say its worth $70 tops.

Right now I would like an mcpx but why would I pay more than $100 for one with all he tiny parts that can wear and I get a new one for $170. Honestly it better be perfect or $100. I don't attach any resale value to my aircraft that have been used, crashed, and repaired. They are worthless. My new in the box Trex 450 has value. After I fly and crash it, its just a bunch of parts.
Its quite simple really, people dont want to pay full price to acquire a plane/heli and dont mind a few dings as long as everything is in 100% working order. You can yank the gear out of the t28 and still get ~$45 for all of it. Thats $15 less than what the person paid for it. I paid $12+ for shipping. I made around $45 and got to pass on a nice plane that I was no longer using and get the joy of knowing someone else is flying it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:02 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I'm still puzzled by all the high prices here. I want a substantial discount on used stuff.

... I say its worth $70 tops. ...

... Right now I would like an mcpx but why would I pay more than $100 for one with all he tiny parts ..."...
What I don't understand is your puzzlement. I'm sure you've heard the old adage about something (anything) being worth what someone's willing to pay for it, right? The endgame of that formula doesn't take rocket science -- you or anybody else offers what they're willing to pay, and if that isn't enough to get it you pass it up. Simple.

Your "way of thinking" suggests you believe sellers should just automatically give it to you for whatever you care to offer, and not wait for & take a better offer. Wishful thinking, but it just don't work that way, bud!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:23 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Well you're right about something being worth what someone is willing to pay. It's all about demand. When we bought our last car a used Honda Pilot was thousands less than a used Honda Cr-V with same miles and all. Seemed crazy to us seeing as to how the Pilot was over $10K more new. It's all about demand. I don't expect to be given anything, I just expect a substantial discount buying used like 40-50% unless it's like new. Even then, I'm not going to pay $140 for "like new" Mcpx. $30 is nothing to me. I'd rather have receipt in hand if I have to call Horizon hobby for help. I do find products on here for what I am willing to pay sometimes, but I have to be patient. It does work that way, I offer what I care to, and the seller sells for what they care too. No hard feelings. I pay 50% of new usually for ANYTHING. If I pay more that's because the item is like new. Now I can't expect to get a HOT NEW Nano CP x for $80 right now, it's way too hot right now. They are selling for $120 which is silly to me, when a new one is $150, but that's the way it is.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72