SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:07 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
Is that express shipping or via the slow boat?
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:16 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Is that express shipping or via the slow boat?
It doesn't say, but she mentioned DHL in the last E-mail, so I would assume it's express. Still crazy high.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
DHL has slow boat service too. My last package from Banggood was via DHL's slow boat. Took 2.5 weeks to arrive.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:41 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I'm not going to get this model as its not nano size and not flysky protocol...So i have bought a nano ytd Sorry WLToys you lost one more customer.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:58 PM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
I paid $109 for an Exceed X100 that came with a Devo 7 that will fly my other Walkera Heli's. I've got 3 of the Walkera 24?? series radio's I can now get rid of. I have a DX8, Aurora 9, FS9X and the Devo 7. I cant see myself buying anything that wont fly with one of these radio's. I know its an easy way to make more money on a sale but its also a way to lose potential customers.
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Two more Taobao sellers posting nice close up photos of V922:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16614690824

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18146027983

Apparently, the first batch (plain packaging) will arrive on 7 December 2012!
More detailed photos and write ups were added to the two pages. The charger label reads "HiSKY", haha! I don't get it - why does the charger has two big rectangular sockets that appears to allow batteries to be inserted vertically into the charger? But the actual V922 / FBL100 batteries are charged by the smaller Losi sockets at the sides.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
Transmitter

I translated the important bits of the transmitter.

Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
More info of the transmitter: http://bbs.mx3g.com/thread-320946-1-1.html

Some of the translations are wrong. Take note.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
Banggood updated their V922 product with more info.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,462 Posts
Nice to see that Banggood is carrying the HiSky FBL 100. Perhaps it's pricing is indicative of what WLToys v922 will be at or beat? From what I see, the v922 is the HiSky FBL 100.

http://www.banggood.com/buy/fbl%2010...051690201202T8

I'd like to see someone test that HiSky module to see if it'll bind to the v922. Then there will be hope for WLToys v922 yet. I like the fact that the resistor strip for the servos are available separately. Cuz that's what gets worn out.

Would be nice if things like replacement blades are in the sub $3 range.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:40 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
218 Posts
Is Banggood a trusted site? I want to place an order for FBL 100 parts, should I go on?
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:43 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter_new View Post
Is Banggood a trusted site? I want to place an order for FBL 100 parts, should I go on?
Just be prepared to wait...........................

My last order was placed on Nov. 16 and hasn't even hit US customs yet.

EDIT: I just saw your in Germany. Coincidently, that's where my package has been for the past two weeks. So maybe you'll have better luck.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:31 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Just be prepared to wait...........................

My last order was placed on Nov. 16 and hasn't even hit US customs yet.

EDIT: I just saw your in Germany. Coincidently, that's where my package has been for the past two weeks. So maybe you'll have better luck.
My last order from banggood was nov 10'th, shipped nov 13'th. Last tracking update was from the 15'th when it left china.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:46 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
My last order from banggood was nov 10'th, shipped nov 13'th. Last tracking update was from the 15'th when it left china.
What's strange is I ordered 2 tail rotors for my Genius from China via E-bay. Placed the order 11/28. Received it today (12/7). It was sent HK post.

So it can be sent in a timely manner. For some reason I have much better luck when I order through E-bay. Shipping from china is typically 7-10 days.

Banggood takes so long that half the time I order from a US seller cause I can't wait anymore, or it arrives and I forgot I ordered it.

My last order was supposedly refused by customs and shipped back to china, (they sent me the same pic they sent everyone else) so they gave me a refund. THe order arrived the next day.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:03 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
What's strange is I ordered 2 tail rotors for my Genius from China via E-bay. Placed the order 11/28. Received it today (12/7). It was sent HK post.

So it can be sent in a timely manner. For some reason I have much better luck when I order through E-bay. Shipping from china is typically 7-10 days.

Banggood takes so long that half the time I order from a US seller cause I can't wait anymore, or it arrives and I forgot I ordered it.

My last order was supposedly refused by customs and shipped back to china, (they sent me the same pic they sent everyone else) so they gave me a refund. THe order arrived the next day.
There is a huge difference between Hong Kong Post and China Post. With Hong Kong Post, the package will usually leave Hong Kong within 24 hours and arrive in destination country within 1-2 days. After that, it has got nothing to do with Hong Kong Post but the postal service of the receiving country.

However with China Post, they have to the package to a city with a international airport that has ample connections with other countries. This is where the delay comes in.

Add to that is that the fact that some vendors use a third party postal service such as SwissPost that will even cause more delay.

However, there is also another reason for delayed shipment: the item was not in stock in the first place. Many small vendors carry little or no stock and only makes an order from the supplier when there is an order. This is called "just in time inventory" and is very common practice over here. It basically allows a one-person home business to look much bigger than they are.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw