HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, WI, Hayward
Joined Oct 2011
27 Posts
Discussion
AXN Pusher Jet Plans

Was hoping to find some plans similar the HK's AXN Floater-Jet. Ran a search with out any success. Does anybody have any ideas, or has seen anything similar?

Thanks in advance.
Bent Props is offline Find More Posts by Bent Props
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:43 PM
Crash Test Engineer
United States, MN, Maple Grove
Joined Nov 2011
106 Posts
Check this out. The Axon (one of the more recent in his series of videos) is a pusher style, larger wing span (60"). Although not exactly like the AXN, it's a start...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1587275

RC Dad
RC Dad is offline Find More Posts by RC Dad
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:19 AM
Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
520 Posts
Are there any monoblock-type fuselage pusher plane plans to build out of polystyrene insulation foam (the blue kind from lowes)?

its only 12-14 bucks for a 4' by 8' sheet at 1/2" thick. I was thinking of layering the cut outs from the sheet to make my fuselage. i plan to build a plane slightly larger than the XEN Skywalker (bigger fuselage and 2m wingspan), and will FPV with it.

any pointers are much appreciated. this will by my first foam build.
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:19 PM
Psalms 23:4
Goshen, IN, USA
Joined Nov 2010
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
Are there any monoblock-type fuselage pusher plane plans to build out of polystyrene insulation foam (the blue kind from lowes)?

its only 12-14 bucks for a 4' by 8' sheet at 1/2" thick. I was thinking of layering the cut outs from the sheet to make my fuselage. i plan to build a plane slightly larger than the XEN Skywalker (bigger fuselage and 2m wingspan), and will FPV with it.

any pointers are much appreciated. this will by my first foam build.
Check out the Nova at MyGeekShow.com. He has a complete construction guide, and plans, as well as several videos showing construction and setup. It's close to your 2m wingspan as well. He uses 3/4" foam instead of 1/2", but I'm sure you could adapt the plans to 1/2"if you need to.

http://www.mygeekshow.com/theairplanes
miniprinter96 is offline Find More Posts by miniprinter96
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Jun 2011
520 Posts
Awesome! this is great! Thank you!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
520 Posts
Are there any other pusher style plans i should look into. I am also interested in twin boom configurations
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:34 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Check the bottom of the page, "Similar Threads"
Redi-Jet pusher
Shuttle-jet pusher
Plan Suggestions -jet style pusher
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin