SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:35 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbender4by View Post
Wow it was still working under water. Was it in a case? Hope yo didn't loose to much.
Yep still filming under water, the orange led was still blinking when I finally found the heli again, I had to jump in there also, not my favorite sport in the winter

At home I rinsed the cam with clean water, opened the case blew the water away with an airgun/compressor sprayed some WD40 on the electronics used the airgun again to remove the excessive WD40 and cleaned the lens, seems to work as usual again, but I can tell for sure when its light again.

There might be some water damp between the lens elements, the CCD was still dry.

The heli also got the WD40 airgun treatment and seems to be ok also

Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Dec 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony32 View Post
As many others post their videos, I might as well post one aswell. Timeleapse filming outside my apartment using a external battery. #16camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTvfI-tAifo
1 pic/sec 0.58 firmware

Does this camera work with external battery? how? what external battery are you using?
massimopaolo28 is online now Find More Posts by massimopaolo28
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:37 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimopaolo28 View Post
Does this camera work with external battery? how? what external battery are you using?
If you do a Thread Search on External Battery you will get 400 odd hits,
If you look in the FAQ (post #1,#2,#3) there is a section on External Battery.
If your particular requirement is not covered, I'm sure the assembled mob can help you out then.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimopaolo28 View Post
You can power it from a 5V source through the USB cable that typically comes with them. I have powered mine from both the MultiWii copter board and directly from an extra 5V port from my Rx.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:13 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2007
128 Posts
Just got me one for Christmas. A bit early. Long story. It works fine for about half the test videos I've taken (10-15 seconds). But on the other half, the image breaks up and gets pixelated and cartoon colors every second for 1/2 second.

I'm using a Sandisk Class 4 4-GB memory card. Web-cam function works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David
Neko is offline Find More Posts by Neko
Last edited by Neko; Dec 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:22 AM
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Did anybody tried powering the keyring camera using AA batteries using external battery holders.

An external battery holder which can hold around 4 AA batteries can be used as external power for the camera to keep it on for more than a day (depends upon mAh of the battery). Very useful while enabling motion detection feature.

Ajithkumarc is offline Find More Posts by Ajithkumarc
Last edited by Ajithkumarc; Dec 22, 2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: image link sharing
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Ajithkumarc is offline Find More Posts by Ajithkumarc
Last edited by Ajithkumarc; Dec 22, 2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: image of battery
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:10 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
This is my power pack, something like this.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:17 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,822 Posts
I have a 4.8 volt NiMh flight pack from a Optic 6 that I have never used but it is still OK. I guess I could use that. It has the right plug on it.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
I have the Vaas 5000mah. not the best, nor the worst. 2 port charger.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:40 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
394 Posts
FPV while taking stills?

Hello, just having a play while the weather is rubbish

Thought I would try taking still (1 every 10secs) while video out

Would you FPV when the screen goes blank for about 1/4 sec while it takes a still?

I dunno

I suppose with the weight of the #16 I could use another at the same time for video as well
mallettron is offline Find More Posts by mallettron
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:04 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
file names

Hi guys

Wouldn't it be nice if the 808 #16 would remember its last file name[number] like most cameras do, even when the files are deleted from the microSD card. this would give consecutive file names like mini0000.mov upto mini9999.mov

Just a thought

Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
Hi guys

Wouldn't it be nice if the 808 #16 would remember its last file name[number] like most cameras do, even when the files are deleted from the microSD card. this would give consecutive file names like mini0000.mov upto mini9999.mov

Just a thought

Regards
asked time and time again. this can manually be done. and that should be a continued thing. Some camera's just toss random sub folders, which is great, because you can rename the sub folder, and have that number continued in the sub folder count, as a file that you should try

1.iDCIM/100MIN change to 101MIN and you will not delete existing SUbfolders
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:19 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
Hi guys

Just a thought

Regards
When you finish copying the files over to your PC, and have deleted them from the camera card. Right click on your PC and create a new text file on the camera card.
Click on the file you just created and rename it to "MINI0045.MOV" (ALL IN CAPITALS), or whatever number you want it to start from.

You will then find the camera will carry on recording from the number of the file you created.

Just remember that next time you download the files the first one will be nothing or blank.

Simples.........
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
When you finish copying the files over to your PC, and have deleted them from the camera card. Right click on your PC and create a new text file on the camera card.
Click on the file you just created and rename it to "MINI0045.MOV" (ALL IN CAPITALS), or whatever number you want it to start from.

You will then find the camera will carry on recording from the number of the file you created.

Just remember that next time you download the files the first one will be nothing or blank.

Simples.........
Yes that is the manual way, but what we , some of like would be an automatic way? This is a way some of the costs, or work was best to be kept simple.