Closed Thread
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:44 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Installed the one and only firmware for the V2. it seemed to have worked. it actually got better in that when the camera is running and taking video, the yellow LED flashes, I like it better that way to confirm its operation. Files are now limitless up to 4GB. One odd thing, before it was recording in AVI format, now its back to MOV. odd right???
It sounds like your camera was shipped with AVI output older firmware, and the new one is MOV format, so nothing odd about that... just different firmware, and better for most users since the AVI format is not editable. Also, the LED recording indicator is mentioned in the name of the FW on the download page. So I guess I can now also mention the MOV format.

Have you been able to get a full 4GB file, with the camera then stopping, saving, and continuing to record? That should also be noted if you can confirm this actually works.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 04, 2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:48 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
#11V2_Time Off_LED On.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
It sounds like your camera was shipped with AVI output older firmware, and the new one is MOV format, so nothing odd about that... just different firmware, and better for most users since the AVI format is not editable. Also, the LED recording indicator is mentioned in the name of the FW on the download page. So I guess I can now also mention the MOV format.

Have you been able to get a full 4GB file, with the camera then stopping, saving, and continuing to record? That should also be noted if you can confirm this actually works.
Firmware: #11V2_Time Off_LED On.zip

What could have been exactly what most of us want has turned out to be totally useless!!!
The firmware outputs the video file in MOV format - GOOD
The firmware removes the timestamp - GOOD
The firmware blinks the LED while recording - GOOD
The firmware writes 4GB files (or maybe 70 min. files) - GOOD
BUT - if you let the camera continue (with a 32GB card, for example), it will DELETE the file it has just written and start overwriting it. The firmware will never start another file, so for my 32GB card 28GB will remain unused no matter how long the camera runs. This is the MOST INSANE FUNCTIONALITY I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!

So I guess I'll have to keep on waiting until the developer gives us a firmware that most people want .

What a disappointment
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Jul 05, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:55 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,429 Posts
That's a common functionality for car dvr. People want to record continuously just in case something interesting happens.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:01 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,162 Posts
But the problem I see here is that ISO is saying it actually deletes (or at least starts overwriting the index/keyframes of the) original 32 gig recorded video rendering the last XX hours of video nuked? Rather than saving in blocks of 30min, 60mins etc.
Fugitive_Bill is online now Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:20 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,429 Posts
True, smaller blocks would be better, but some see a time gap of a few sec between blocks. Hmmm..
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
That's a common functionality for car dvr. People want to record continuously just in case something interesting happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
But the problem I see here is that ISO is saying it actually deletes (or at least starts overwriting the index/keyframes of the) original 32 gig recorded video rendering the last XX hours of video nuked? Rather than saving in blocks of 30min, 60mins etc.
Fugitive_Bill, you are right, maybe my explanation wasn't clear. I've edited my original posting to try and make it more clear.
Given a 32GB card, this is what the firmware does:
It records a 4GB, or 70 min. file (not quite sure which), then it starts overwriting the SAME FILE!! So, after many hours my 32GB will only have 1 tiny 4GB file. The remaining 28GB of empty space is still empty!!!! The firmware will never, ever start a new file. It just keeps on overwriting the same 70 min. file.

So, if I record 71 minutes (assuming the clips are 70 mins. long), I will have ONE MINUTE of video!!! - on a 32GB card!!!!!!!!!

This is certainly not common functionality for car dvr - at least I hope it isn't!
Last edited by Isoprop; Jul 05, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:41 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,429 Posts
Yes, that's clearer! Could be a problem in a car if an incident begins at say 69min, the camera would continue and erase it unless stopped before the 70min cutoff.

Not a problem for me, I never record flights over 20min. I assume a 32gb card would then be useful, each flight would be saved separately.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:50 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Yes, that's clearer! Could be a problem in a car if an incident begins at say 69min, the camera would continue and erase it unless stopped before the 70min cutoff.

Not a problem for me, I never record flights over 20min. I assume a 32gb card would then be useful, each flight would be saved separately.
And I record for 6-7 hours on my 32GB card - and land up with possible only 1 minute of video. NO THANKS.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,429 Posts
Yep, not for recording continuously.

@hidaven: any video to post yet? Seems you are ok now, I'm interested to see how is focus across the full frame. My #11 with the HK wing 120deg lens is short focussed on the edges, ok in the center.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Hey everyone, got an issue... hope someone can help. I just purchased an 808 #11 from eletech086 and charged it up. My first video i shot was clear... BUT it had a constant clear then screwed up image flashing in and out at a constant rate.
Vid here:
HD808 #11 Problem (0 min 37 sec)

Maybe its an easy fix? Maybe not... But it is not going to work for me like this haha.

EDIT: ok well it is only doing this on my computer... obviously there is nothing wrong with the video... hmmm.....
motorheadluke is offline Find More Posts by motorheadluke
Last edited by motorheadluke; Jul 05, 2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: update
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:54 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadluke View Post
Hey everyone, got an issue... hope someone can help. I just purchased an 808 #11 from eletech086 and charged it up. My first video i shot was clear... BUT it had a constant clear then screwed up image flashing in and out at a constant rate.
Vid here: http://youtu.be/RNkFDRydj2E
Maybe its an easy fix? Maybe not... But it is not going to work for me like this haha.

EDIT: ok well it is only doing this on my computer... obviously there is nothing wrong with the video... hmmm.....
Have you tried downloading the freeware VLC viewer, it uses less horsepower from your machine than many other viewers - even Microsoft (if you use windows, Apple is similare).
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:13 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Nov 2003
244 Posts
Isoprop, I would like to think the Vendor would be helpfull, At least on the card issue, Not to good for sales the way it is. I almost pulled the trigger on one, until I seen your problem. I'm sure others are keeping tabs on this cam as well. Jay
pecor is online now Find More Posts by pecor
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Here you go! Excuse the glitches as those are the seams from my orig. problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKb4P...e_gdata_player
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with the cam. As stated, for RC flying etc. 70 min is an eternity.....
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:54 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Depends on what you want to do with the cam. As stated, for RC flying etc. 70 min is an eternity.....
I would agree, a non issue for my flights. I combine several short flights into one short video like here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4099

Your cam looks good, nice focus across the frame. Mine has an issue there, also more color hunting (original v1 #11 with HK wing lens)
Closed Thread