SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2015, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
California Style
United States, CA, El Mirage
Joined May 2007
1,595 Posts
50 flights

I love my heli ! hit the 50 flight mark today and she is better than ever. kicked the switch to FM3 and what a blast. its the most stable and predictable heli I have ever flown. only real changes have been the tail rotors are Zeal 115 and the mains are 720 Sab. adjusted belt tension and fasteners and shes ready for another 50 . My Urukay is awsome
airboss/oc is online now Find More Posts by airboss/oc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by A VIKING
Joined Mar 2012
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
I love my heli ! hit the 50 flight mark today and she is better than ever. kicked the switch to FM3 and what a blast. its the most stable and predictable heli I have ever flown. only real changes have been the tail rotors are Zeal 115 and the mains are 720 Sab. adjusted belt tension and fasteners and shes ready for another 50 . My Urukay is awsome

Yup its awesome. I have slowed down some due to real work getting in the way so I have only accumulated 210 flights so far but every flight is enjoyable.
With future builds on the horizon my flight time will continue to suffer but I'll sneak flights in when I can.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
Old Jul 25, 2015, 09:24 PM
California Style
Joined May 2007
1,595 Posts
I have been patiently waiting for the KS Goblin to arrive , it will get a couple changes the Urukay doesn't have.
1)12S,13S or 14S capable
2) motor ? big question is which motor ?
3)YEP 160HV
4)MKS X8 servos
5)2S2500Mah LiPo
Old Jul 26, 2015, 06:22 AM
Find More Posts by A VIKING
Joined Mar 2012
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
I have been patiently waiting for the KS Goblin to arrive , it will get a couple changes the Urukay doesn't have.
1)12S,13S or 14S capable
2) motor ? big question is which motor ?
3)YEP 160HV
4)MKS X8 servos
5)2S2500Mah LiPo
Nice set up!
Looks like I may be going MKS as well for servos as the BK's I was looking aren't available yet at HD.
They are a little short on the MKS also but it looks like the stock will be replenished tomorrow. You and I will probably buy all the stock leaving them with zero once again.
I see the X8 horns are out of stock as well, I hate trying to build only to see items you want out of stock.
As far as motors go, I looked pretty hard at what was available in a 700 series and decided on the KDE700XF-535-G3 as my selection. Comparing to a comparable Scorpion motor the KDE has a higher output rating in both max continuous and maximum output.
The only drawback is its a little heavier than the scorpion but that would be expected with the higher output ratings. For me It came down to a HP to weight comparison with that little added weight of the KDE being overshadowed by the power output.
Its all a personal preference thing though...high KV, low KV, and how many cells.
There are some great choices out there. Have fun making the pick.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
Old Jul 26, 2015, 02:15 PM
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,458 Posts
Kde is arguably the most advanced motor in its class, it isn't just about power output. But the way it does it. Look at the mag quality, wire quality, and bearing layout! The only other motor in its class that compares is the new lineup at Castle that may be coming out of the same factory as the Kde.

This is the first season I haven't been getting in much air time. Even though my skills have shot through the roof, which I find odd?
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jul 26, 2015, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,630 Posts
I've heard that said before, for this reason I'm not sure which motor to choose for my new 380, the Scorpion or the KDE Direct. I'm running a KDE in my 570 and it's awesome but there is a significant difference in price between the two here in the UK, the Scorpion being the less expensive option.
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Jul 26, 2015, 08:13 PM
California Style
Joined May 2007
1,595 Posts
I found the align horns work on the X6 so hoping they will also have them for X8. if not I will use the X6 with an align horn.
havnt done much looking at the KDE but will check it for sure.