HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2014, 02:07 PM
United States, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Dec 2013
8 Posts
Discussion
v911 with FlySky module in JR9303

I'm posting this here, because I wanted this setup to fly my v911 with a JR9303... Couldn't find any info on it, and no up-to-date info on using the v2 flysky module in a JR radio. So, here goes:

I bought the "FS FS-TH9X-B-Module +Antenna for 2.4G 9CH Radio System" module off of Amazon. A review there claimed that it could be used in a JR radio without any mods, so I figured it was a good place to start.

When it shipped in the mail, this is the FS-RM002 - e.g. the v2 flysky module.

I opened it up, and as warned might be the case in many other threads, the +6V pin is clearly shorted with the GND pin right there on the circuit board. So, the v2 module is also NOT stock compatible with JR. I dropped the +6V socket from the module by clipping it with a pair of bead cutters on the solder side, and then pulling it out the other side.

After that, I figured I'd try my luck, and I went ahead and plugged the module in. It bound without any problems, and there was no heat or smoke. So, it looks like the only thing that needs to be done for the v2 module is drop the +6V socket. It might still be the "right" thing to do to drop the PPM signal voltage, but at the end of the day, its not going to hurt too much if I fry a $15 module by overvolting the PPM signal. With that said, I've flown for a little over an hour at a time, battery life is completely normal, and nothing gets even a little warm or shows any other unexpected behavior.

On to details for flying the v911 with the XP9303... This was a little more complicated. It turns out that the channels are all out of alignment, and neither the v911 or the XP9303 has any proper way of switching channels around like the newer radios do.

I was still able to get it flying, with a few hacks in the mixer settings... Basically using the mixer to move the output from one stick to another, then cancel out the "real" output from the "real" stick. The end result is that you get your controls onto the "right" sticks, but most everything else doesn't work right (including trim; use the sub trims instead), and you can't use curves or other mixes because everything is technically on the "wrong" sticks.

Since it's a cheap toy hell, none of this matters much anyway, and it actually flies quite well. Here are the mixer settings I used:

Prog.Mix1:
Thro -> Elev
- Point-0: -100
- Point-3: 0
- Point-6: +100

Prog.Mix2:
Elev -> Aile
- Point-0: -100
- Point-3: 0
- Point-6: +100

Prog.Mix3:
Aile -> Thro:
- Pos0 -100%,-100%
- Pos1 -100%,-100%

Prog.Mix4
Elev->Elev
- Pos0 -100%,+100%
- Pos1 -100%,+100%

Prog.Mix5
Thro->Thro
- Pos0 -100%,+100%
- Pos1 -100%,+100%

Prog.Mix6
Aile->Aile
- Pos0 -100%,+100%
- Pos1 -100%,+100%
matheweis is offline Find More Posts by matheweis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2014, 02:23 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,211 Posts
Good information, thanks for posting.
Just as well you did some research on the module pin difference.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Aug 09, 2014, 11:43 PM
United States, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Dec 2013
8 Posts
Just want to update that I've been running this setup for over 6 months now, everything is still fine - nor burnout or any other issues.
matheweis is offline Find More Posts by matheweis