HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:46 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,573 Posts
Xenon I got this recipe from someones build here on Rcgroups and it really works well - 50/50 combo of Daps fast and final light weight filler and Durhams rock hard putty . I had the same issue with the glue ridges . The filler combo really works well . You won't regret it . The Daps is user ready and the Durhams is a powder you mix first until you have a thick pancake batter , then mix with the Daps . Do yourself a favour and get a Dremel Sander , if you don't already have one ..
pencon is offline Find More Posts by pencon
Last edited by pencon; Oct 15, 2014 at 04:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:47 PM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon20 View Post
Thanks for your links guys. Stupot the stuff you linked to looks fairly similar to the 'big boy' stuff I have been lent, I wonder if it might be worth trying a combination of this and / or lightweight spackle, and some WBPU. I will run some tests as I have these materials to hand.

Nice one ! will report back.
The filler works fine by itself.Spackle is water based(I think)so I doubt it will mix.
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:50 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetorca View Post
NO, it's a KFIR C10, Own design and steep learning curve on foam work. I've always been a Balsa ribs guy but started foam since I bough a CNC hot wire machine.
Kfir is an awesome looking Jet , looks improved from the Mirage .
Old Oct 15, 2014, 05:02 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,573 Posts
I did an experiment with one of the canards and covered it with white Weld Bond glue and newspaper , let it dry and then a coat of WBPU . Very light and very strong . Might just go this route with the whole thing . It'll be a paper mache Saab . Sticks very well to this kind of foam . If any of you guys have experience with the minwax water based stuff , is it better to go a couple of coats and then sand ? I only have one coat on and it is a little lumpy looking .
Old Oct 20, 2014, 09:44 AM
Germany, RP, Nittel
Joined Sep 2014
13 Posts
Had a little accident with mine, hitting a small metal pole, hidden in the grass, at high speed. I had a roll of carbon laying around, so lets make the new wing out of that. It has live hinges made of aramid fiber for the control surfaces, which I still need to cut free. The canards have elevators now as well, also hinged the same way. I haven't decided yet where to put the servo's for them though.
SanderHG is offline Find More Posts by SanderHG