SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2013, 07:34 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
I placed 2 lbs of weight on the firewall and it's STILL tail heavy!!!!! Help!!!!!
qbano55 is offline Find More Posts by qbano55
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
I've got a DLE 30, 3s 2100 mah batteries x2 and over 1.6 lbs of lead up front and it is a tad nose heavy. Unfortunately this plane wont fly well till you get it balanced, just keep adding weight and make sure you have everything as far up front as you can get it.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Oct 16, 2013, 06:34 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
I used fishing weights and epoxied them into the inside of the radial motor...however I am flying mine electric so vibrations isnt an issue. Have you tried a heavy prop nut?
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Oct 18, 2013, 07:41 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
I used split shot as well. I'm using a screw to hold the cowling locked into place since the magnets were a bit weak. I've used weighted prop nuts on smaller glow motors, but they only went up to about 2oz.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Jan 05, 2014, 01:53 AM
Joined Jun 2006
4 Posts
Thanks for a good Forum on the Nieuport-28, my plane will maiden next week If it cools down a bit (47 c) is to hot for me yet , How did you lock the wings in I never got the clips as shown in the manual. I used a ASP 160 twin (Hobby King) And my 5Cell NiMH battery + 4cell NiMh for the onboard glow up front. The CG is A1 with no LED ,hope you can help with locking in the wings, Cheers & Beers witooa.
witooa is offline Find More Posts by witooa
Old Jan 09, 2014, 11:24 PM
United States, SC, Moore
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
I just got one of these on a trade deal.It has been partly assembled,tail feathers,and landing gear.I was considering (Glo) gotta New ST-90 , ASP-91 and a Saito 120 4s. Maybe Brushless too but gotta be sure to pick the right set up. Looks like a lotta $ to do that tho.Being new to brushless going to need lotsa help on this one. I have some smaller planes done with brushless now(all used be glo)a lot easier than glo.Limited Budget. Before I decide will keep posted on RC Groups etc.for the right info,esp from someone who has done this (Brushless).Thanks for listening to my story. Jack
mercabago55 is offline Find More Posts by mercabago55
Old Jan 09, 2014, 11:29 PM
United States, SC, Moore
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
What Size elec stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATIS View Post
I used fishing weights and epoxied them into the inside of the radial motor...however I am flying mine electric so vibrations isnt an issue. Have you tried a heavy prop nut?
hello
What size elec Equip. has you got in yours,motor,Esc,Batterys Etc. thank you Jack
Old Jan 19, 2014, 08:30 AM
United States, SC, Moore
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Got mine on a Trade deal

Got my Maxford Nieuport 22% on a trade deal last week,it was partly assembled But well done in the process of finishing up now. Putting wings on and fitting,Seems to be quite easy tho time consuming.Have not decided power yet,pricing elec? Got a moki 1.8 here????? also St-90,asp 91 too.Want to put the weight needed to balance plane in the power unit,not dead weight.Any more suggestions are welcome.Do not want to go gas all new to me?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 09:06 AM
United States, SC, Moore
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witooa View Post
Thanks for a good Forum on the Nieuport-28, my plane will maiden next week If it cools down a bit (47 c) is to hot for me yet , How did you lock the wings in I never got the clips as shown in the manual. I used a ASP 160 twin (Hobby King) And my 5Cell NiMH battery + 4cell NiMh for the onboard glow up front. The CG is A1 with no LED ,hope you can help with locking in the wings, Cheers & Beers witooa.
How about you making some with Alum?They are about 3/4" lgx 1/4" and 1/32 thk,with two holes one for the screws (3/32) and one for the Wire (1/16") The wires provided appear to the only way wings are secured to the fusalage. I am going to add a piece of Alum strap to each wing and the wing center section.It will be a swing away lock.(Cheers and beers to you too) Jack
PS: how did the Maiden go?