SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:01 AM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
497 Posts
Trader Rating: 142
if you picked it up in person you should have noticed the difference.from a bit of research on the web it appears yhese servos like 6 volts and do not like unregulated lipo packs.alot of sevos chatter at neutral if the tx is too close to the rx on a fuully charged pack.did you try moving the tx away from the plane?
sagomon is online now Find More Posts by sagomon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:09 PM
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Yes, and they don't just chatter the MOVE ALOT!! I'm just little freaked out and spooked by them, safe bet to just replace.
Good news, got motor started and running, little outta tune, but after getting hot it came in nicely...
xtremetoyz is offline Find More Posts by xtremetoyz
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
DR RC#1
chatom alabama
Joined Dec 2010
210 Posts
Trader Rating: 86
a low rx battery or a low output pack will cause them servos to chatter and twitch like crazy i had the same prob some time back and had to go to a better battery and prob solved just a thought .
dr rc is online now Find More Posts by dr rc
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
Tried both a 2s lipo and fully charged nimh... Even tried lipo with reg on in it... I'm done with trying , just gonna get new servos to be safe...

Again thanks everyone! Y'all are great . I feel alot better knowing I'm not the only one that thinks the deal could have gone better.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:39 PM
Learn to build with wood.
United States, NC, Newport
Joined Sep 2012
906 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
If you're buying a used plane, you should replace the servos anyway. you have no idea what they've been through.
Tucci is online now Find More Posts by Tucci
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:05 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,406 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
If you're buying a used plane, you should replace the servos anyway. you have no idea what they've been through.
So if you start dating a divorcee.......???
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:01 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
shenanigans

Viper dont Vipe.

Had the seller posted pics like he said (not stock ad) then there would be proof of good servos. Same too, if buyer better inspected plane he'd notice the subpar servos with metal arms upon pickup.

seems like a compromise can be had if both sides are willing to meet monetarily half-way... of coarse If I had sold an item I would be adamant about exactly what I had sold (pics). Then again if I had bought something falsely advertised Id call shenanigans too.

Also I dont think the statute of limitations is up (so to speak) as soon as you inspect/acquire the item local pickup. The item is not AS-IS if its falsely advertised/issues not reported especially if "never flown" aka zero damage all new. exception being if I play with it and break it before inspecting thoroughly
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
Update- viper said and I quote," I don't need rcgroups and don't care what the ...... you post! " I have replaced servos, fixed a lot of the cosmetic stuff and almost ready to fly. I know I wasn't as thorough as I should have been and I trusted the seller too much. I learned a valuable lesson... Thanks for all you alls options, viper isn't will to make it right.
To all out there, just cause one guy is a bad seller don't be alarmed, but anyone who wishes to gamble with buying from viper beeee careful .. Good flying to all
Last edited by xtremetoyz; Nov 25, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:59 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
here's my version:

Quite honestly, I think viper, like many of us, had the plane for wayyyy too long; sat around for too long and probably didn't remember what was in the plane. To give viper the benefit of the doubt, he Probably remembered 5 turnigy servos when in fact the power HD were in them....dishonest, probably not, careless/sloppy, yes.

Really. I have 35 planes total now. I can probably/maybe remember what servos are in plane# 35 which I just finished building, but I couldn't remember what servos were in plane #5 nor plane# 20. Matter fact, I have misquoted some items in sales and had to go back and correct to buyer later.

All that being said, this wasn't a shipping, but meet in the flesh. Plenty of opportunity for buyer to check out the plane. Heck, if I was going to spend $500, I'd ask to power it up first....

like most folks, it'd be good to meet in the middle somewhere.

good luck to you both.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong