SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:29 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Discussion
Why aren't some of the most simplistic/smallest items available in HK USA warehouse

Please don't get me wrong as this is not a bash discussion or even really a rant. This is more of a I don't get it type thread. I understand them not carrying everything over here in the US warehouse and I know it takes time to get some things over here, but according to their website they're adding new stock every single week. In that mix is things like 60" planes, huge lipo's etc. Some items are very large, yet some of the cheapest smallest and probably most sold items are still yet to arrive in the US and I'm wondering if anyone has a theory on why this is.

Examples are the orange rx's. I mean good grief we all know they are hugely popular and sell like crazy. Also there are all the little 1s & 2s lipo's for the um/umx planes that are also huge sellers. They are so small they could send tons of them compared to some of these larger items.

I know they would cost a little more here in the US just as everything from the US site does. However, there are no real vendors in the US of these other than people that want to charge more than double what they paid for them, so if they stocked them over here I think they would have a huge edge since everyone is stationed in china/hong kong and don't have a US warehouse like HK does.

Anyway, just still trying to figure out why some of the most popular items that would be easily shipped due to being such small packages are withheld from the US warehouse.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:06 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,440 Posts
The orange RX's if indeed are Spektrum knock offs, you won't see here as they could be sued for patent infringement. It's is perfectly legal for them to sell them from their Chinese warehouse as there are no patent or copyright laws in China.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:24 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
is the HK vendor thread a better place for this rather than Trader talk? HK probably doesn't check in on this thread as much as they do theirs, so you might get an answer to your question.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:37 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Oh thanks. Didn't realize there was a vendor thread for them. Don't frequent these areas too much.

As for the rx clone/copy statement that makes sense.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Oh thanks. Didn't realize there was a vendor thread for them. Don't frequent these areas too much.

As for the rx clone/copy statement that makes sense.
No problem, here they are:

http://www.rcgroups.com/hobbyking-441/

http://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/

FYI, prepare at some point for the thread to degenerate. You'll get the rabid haters of HK, and some that are on the other side. Once they comment, the others will call them shills etc etc. Happens to many HK threads.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:02 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Thanks for the links. I've seen both sides of the spektrum so I'm used to hearing it. lol
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:03 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
417 Posts
I always figured it was about container space/weight on the ships vs profit potential/handling costs. Little items that cost .50/each require a lot of handling to turn a profit (must sell/pack/ship a lot of them.) A bigger, more expensive item that takes up the same space as a bunch of the cheaper items only has to be handled once and probably has a higher profit margin.

Also, they may figure that people will tend to buy the smaller items at an LHS rather than wait for shipping. I order batches of little stuff, but sometimes I have a project come up and I am short. I run to the LHS or wait a day until I get there during other errands rather than place an order, pay shipping and wait four days to save a buck or two. I'm talking hinges, control arms, radio accessories, wires, hardware - all the stuff I wish was at the USA warehouse. Wish they had more of the inexpensive radio gear and covering material in the US, too. Probably that patent thing mentioned above...
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimStanmore; Oct 08, 2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Grammar, punctuation, spelling
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:42 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
The orange RX's if indeed are Spektrum knock offs, you won't see here as they could be sued for patent infringement. It's is perfectly legal for them to sell them from their Chinese warehouse as there are no patent or copyright laws in China.
Hmmmm,
You can buy Orange receivers on Amazon.com.
Guess they are not infringing then?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:50 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
I guarantee you its based on profit margins and the "latest-greatest". I would also venture to say while they probably do indeed get new items in stock every week, what is not being st ated is that as new stock arrives, it merely replaces items no longer carried. Much better to carry too few rather than too many.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:53 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
Maybe amazon doesnt realize they are knockoffs...yet
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:26 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,016 Posts
Ebay also sells them.
They are sold and recognized as 'compatible' Rxs, not copies/clones/etc.
Horizon acknowledges them as such.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
It would be great if they could bring their entire international warehouse over to the U.S. Then I could save on shipping
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
I thought the purpose of the US warehouse was to stock the larger heavier items (planes, etc) and Lipo's because of the shipping problems. I would think that the space at the US warehouse is limited. Small light items are cheap from the international warehouse, they just take longer to arrive.
Sadly, again someone decided to use your thread to talk "hate" and call names.
co pilot is offline Find More Posts by co pilot
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:59 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by co pilot View Post
I thought the purpose of the US warehouse was to stock the larger heavier items (planes, etc) and Lipo's because of the shipping problems. I would think that the space at the US warehouse is limited. Small light items are cheap from the international warehouse, they just take longer to arrive.
That would make sense. I guess I'm just impatient. Thankfully there are other online stores in the US that are beginning to carry some of their products, such as motors for only a few dollars more than the HK warehouse.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
HK thread? Like moths to the bright light

Quote:
Originally Posted by co pilot View Post
It's doubtful there is any confusion.

As for the US warehouse, how do you figure the heavier items got there? Were the items made there? No. Were they sent there from HK/China/Overseas. Yes. Does the US consumer pay for that. Yes. Are small light items cheap from the US warehouse too? Yes. Does the always pay for shipping, even when it says "free shipping". Yes.

Perhaps hubby can weigh in here too.......