HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:54 PM
Lubbock, TX
Joined May 2008
467 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King USA Wearhouse question

Good evening,

I have a question that someone might be able to answer for me. I ordered the Durafly T-28 from the Hobby king USA Wearhouse this evening. As the prder was processed an additional $79.99 charge was added to the normal UPS shipping as large box charge???? I have gotten several items before and never had a charge like this. When I cnx the order and re-ordered the same charge came up as not a Customs charge???
Is this the normal for ordering something from a stateside distrobuter? I have never had anything like this before. If this is the norm then I am going to have to second guess ordering anything from HK in the future.

NFG
Navy Fly Guy is offline Find More Posts by Navy Fly Guy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:50 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Fly Guy View Post
Good evening,

I have a question that someone might be able to answer for me. I ordered the Durafly T-28 from the Hobby king USA Wearhouse this evening. As the prder was processed an additional $79.99 charge was added to the normal UPS shipping as large box charge???? I have gotten several items before and never had a charge like this. When I cnx the order and re-ordered the same charge came up as not a Customs charge???
Is this the normal for ordering something from a stateside distrobuter? I have never had anything like this before. If this is the norm then I am going to have to second guess ordering anything from HK in the future.

NFG
I went and added the same kit to my shopping cart and it gave three shipping options, not charges. The first one was an oversize UPS option for an item over 3000 grams tha was around 80 bucks...yikes. The T-28 was less than 3000 grams. The second option was normal UPS shipping for around 17 bucks...it accepted that.

The HK shopping cart defaults to the first shipping option displayed (In this case, the oversize option), but you can change it on the spot.

I certainly appears that you can get it shipped for 16.99 if you select the correct shipping option duing checkout.

Not the best checkout procedure...HK needs to do some debugging.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel