HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, IN, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2011
380 Posts
seems people are getting away from what the poster stated.. A bad battery after 2-3 cycles. other posters here making such comments on how well they maintain "their" batteries ext... point here is 2-3 cycles very hard to "really neglect" a lipo at that point in its life. ya, don't run to low an don't store at full charge (my charger has a storage charge setting) The fact is the original poster has a bad battery from HK an HK customer service is a total joke, there is no "warranty" just a big "hope" something may be done. said what i had to say later
schusterjo is offline Find More Posts by schusterjo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:11 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
There is a warranty, you buy the packs, register the warranty number when they turn up and you then have a month. It's not the warranty many want, but that's life. Their lipo warranty conditions are pretty clearly stated in ther FAQ and T's and C's section under support. It asks you check a box when you check out that you agree to these T's and C's Again, not what most want to hear but again thats life.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...po_policy.html

Sucks, but it's what it is.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:19 PM
Ohio
Joined Dec 2009
163 Posts
Quote:
There is a warranty, you buy the packs, register the warranty number when they turn up and you then have a month. It's not the warranty many want, but that's life. Their lipo warranty conditions are pretty clearly stated in ther FAQ and T's and C's section under support. It asks you check a box when you check out that you agree to these T's and C's Again, not what most want to hear but again thats life
Marks point is exactly what my point was and is, the reviled "so what?".
"So what?" because there are no inexperienced modelers on here who have never heard HK warranties are practically non-existant, that there is in fact A warranty yet no mention was made of that in the OP post.
Nobody suggested the battery wasn't cared for properly, we were just reiterating it's importance.
So when we pay a way lower price that's what happens if things don't go so well.
To get all torqued off because everyone doesn't rail about what a victim the buyer was, and to express shock about nobody picking up a phone in China offering to send new batteries overnight when we've all known this for a very long time certainly warrants a "so what?'.
Too bad. Doug
doug47 is offline Find More Posts by doug47
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:55 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,027 Posts
Just don't spend more money with HK or other chicom co's than you could bare to see flushed down your toilet.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:15 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
Just don't spend more money with HK or other chicom co's than you could bare to see flushed down your toilet.
Thats a fairly general statement for a discussion about a particular vendors LiPo Battery warranty policy?

I've spent thousands with many Chinese (I assume thats what you mean) Co's and none of it has been flushed down the toilet.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,027 Posts
Not really.
How about spend no more money than you can afford to lose ? Is that easier to understand? When you order items from chicom you are gambling everything will be OK as it's not worth spending half the cost or more of what you paid for an item to ship it back if there is a problem.
If everything is fine ...life is good. If you end up with problems...well,
It's like playing the slot machines.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:11 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
It's like playing the slot machines.
Hardly in my experience!
I win a lot more times with overseas purchases than with a slot machine, and come to think about it, (knock on wood) , about a 100 orders to date without a problem.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,027 Posts
Good for you. Didn't say it was your experience or the norm. But when you lose playing the slots do you bitch and complain about the odds, lousy machine, lousy place, or just shrug it off and move on ?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,016 Posts
I know what the odds are when I play the slots and am getting a pretty good feel for the odds of getting a good purchase from overseas vendors, pretty good to date.
There is no question you are going to lose playing the slots, it's just a matter of time till your money is gone. I know that and accept the odds looking for the lucky big win before they have all the money I allotted for that "jackpot chance" outing.

So in the end, the answer to your question is, shrug it off and move on.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:43 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Biggest problem with the batteries they (or any Lipo) is that without experiance the buyer can ruin them. I have an icharger that measures Internal Resistance. The first thing I do when I get it in, is to measure it and see if there is an inconsistancy or something out of wack compared to other batteries I have. I've yet to have a problem. I think I got one Turnigy battery years ago that had a bad IR but just wrote it off.
For those that don't have a charger that measures IR, measure your cell voltage when you get it, then write it down. A little difference is normal when you get it but it you should not have something like
Charge it up (it may take 3x as long for the first balance charge), then run it half way down. If it's still out of balance, then call them up and tell them you recieved it out of balance and want a new one. Some places like Hobbypartz or HobbyKing will do better if you use their forum so all can see how your being treated. those places don't do so well on the phone or via standard email.

I had a buddy with a thunder power battery which at the time had a 1 year warranty I think. It would puff like crazy and he tried to return it 3 months later for an exchange and they told him he ruined it himself. I know how the guy flies and know he'd do no such thing.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Ky
Joined Feb 2003
1,498 Posts
I have not had many problems with HK's batteries. I had one go bad within a few months and a couple more go bad within a year or so. I have bought another 30 or so over the last 5 years that have given me excellent service. You can buy batteries that have very good warranties, but they cost two to three times what HK charges. In my opinion, it's like they are charging you a lot of money for that extended warranty. I do not buy extended warranties on anything, and I have saved a lot of money over the years that way.
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow