SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:05 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Discussion
Flight attendent goes off, right or wrong

A jet blue male flight attendent got into an agruement with a passenger not following the rules. Resulting in the attendent getting a nasty bruise on his forehead from a overhead bag that the passenger wasn't surpose to be taking out from the overhead compartment, while the plane was taxing!
I do side with the attendent and feel if the law is going to punish him, then they also need to punish the passenger with an ASSUALT charge
jumpinjo is offline Find More Posts by jumpinjo
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:07 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
If the attendant is the one hit in the head, why would he be charged with anything?
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:26 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
If the attendant is the one hit in the head, why would he be charged with anything?

For his actions after! He got on the PA and cussed the (woman) passenger out, Then, he openend the emergency door and lefted lock, stock, and barrel. What he should of done was keep his cool and have security detain the passenger until police came and charge the passenger with breaking the rules and assualt!

What we're seeing is why theirs rules on airlines and why!
Last edited by jumpinjo; Aug 10, 2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:35 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,709 Posts
I love the turds that jump up and grab their bags before the plane stops. I sit there and watch them fidget for 10 minutes while all the preps are made and people finally start filing off the plane. The ones that can't turn their cells off until the plane is on final taxi are special too. They get indignant about it when challenged. I saw a male flight attendant take a phone from a guy a couple flights ago. Told him he could have it back as he exited the plane. Big FA and former Marine so the guy didn't argue too much.
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:18 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I love the turds that jump up and grab their bags before the plane stops. I sit there and watch them fidget for 10 minutes while all the preps are made and people finally start filing off the plane. The ones that can't turn their cells off until the plane is on final taxi are special too. They get indignant about it when challenged. I saw a male flight attendant take a phone from a guy a couple flights ago. Told him he could have it back as he exited the plane. Big FA and former Marine so the guy didn't argue too much.

I'm watching the channel 6 news making him out to be a criminal!
They are not even admitting to the woman breaking the rules, causing an injury or any fault of this on her actions. All they say is it seems to be alright to break rules ,endanger others, and that this is acceptable behavior in society!...

They made mention that the attendent is gay! What does that have to do with anything?.. I'm siding with the attendent, I don't care what his sexual preference is!..
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:20 AM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
Well, triggering the emergency slide is where the reckless endangerment lies. After cussing the planeload of passengers out he grabbed a beer and slid to (short-lived) freedom.
Heck yes, lock up the unruly passenger too!!
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:22 AM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
cabin crew are supposed to keep their cool.... he wasn't really right for the job
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:07 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymon View Post
cabin crew are supposed to keep their cool.... he wasn't really right for the job

Do you work out in public? I do! So what should happen with this passenger breaking the rules and dropping her bag on the head of and elderly, new born, handicapped or any other passenger causing injury! All because she feels that rules DON'T apply to her!

Do you think these people would KEEP their cool!

All this attendent ask for was an apollogy from the woman passenger for injuring him. Thats not to much to ask for in my opinion! He's actions after are questionable but her direct action was far more dangerious to others!

"At least we know the emergency exit worked"!

His actions has costed him his job! What about her? She'll do this again! Maybe, next time she'll really hurt someone. Will it cost her? I doubt it! The message being sent is: You paid for your ticket and can choose which rules not to follow and should you hurt someone OH WELL thats life...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:24 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
While certainly a grand way to make your exit, the guy should have shown a bit more restraint. I would back every one of his actions except opening the emergency exit and deploying the slide.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:28 AM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
Get a grip jumpinjo... she bumped him on the head, then he completely lost it! Ground crew were in danger of serious injury when he dropped the slide.
His crime is greater than hers and made worse by his position of flight attendant.
Yes, I worked with the public for decades, often felt like acting out, but didn't.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:36 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjo View Post
For his actions after! He got on the PA and cussed the (woman) passenger out, Then, he openend the emergency door and lefted lock, stock, and barrel. What he should of done was keep his cool and have security detain the passenger until police came and charge the passenger with breaking the rules and assualt!
What we're seeing is why theirs rules on airlines and why!
LOL you did tell us say THAT! Too funny. So he pops the door, and slides to safety. Yeah, I would be surprised if there wasn't further charges from the FAA. I believe there are rules againste opening a door while the plane is in motion.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:43 AM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
I don't care if he's gay or in jail. It takes some brass to cuss the passengers out over the intercom, grab a beer, and jump down the emergency slide. That's the flight attendant's equivalent of jumping up on the boss's desk, dropping your drawers, and telling him to give you a smooch. As grand an exit as has ever been made, this guy'll be famous.
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:46 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
Get a grip jumpinjo... she bumped him on the head, then he completely lost it! Ground crew were in danger of serious injury when he dropped the slide.
His crime is greater than hers and made worse by his position of flight attendant.
Yes, I worked with the public for decades, often felt like acting out, but didn't.

Did you see the injury to his forehead! It wasn't just a Bump! I understand the point your making! I don't think you understand mine. Everyone that knows me, knows I have a disguistment towards society and it's behavior which is forever getting worse!

You can thumb your nose at it all you want, Thats your decision!

This so called slide is a big blow up air matteress, which yes could of hurt someone . Fortunetly, no one got hurt! Fortunetly, she didn't "drop or ram" her OVERSIZED bag into a kid or newborn. I wonder what your opinion would be then?..when the parent gets up and slugs her in the face!

A message needs to be sent to the public that, when they say remain seated until ride comes to a complete stop, They mean it!... So until they track this woman down and charge her for her mis-behavior. Thats when "Justice" will be served!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:05 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,283 Posts
Quote:
No. Failure to obey the flight crew or attendants, is a Federal crime.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:10 AM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
I'm with the guy up to the point where he released the slide. My brother was an FA for years and they can put up with a lot of abuse from A-hole passengers.
Got to give the guy a couple of points for quitting his job with style though.

Side story:

My Brother had an especially difficult, loud and foul mouthed drunken passenger to deal with once who was disturbing everyone on board. While crusing at 28,000ft he told the guy, "Sir, if you don't quiet down I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
Everyone in the plane LOLed and the guy shut up.
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira