HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:35 PM
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
Discussion
little screamers where to buy?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where i can get littlescreamers motors? Hobby lobby doesn't have them any more, and i need a new one...

thx,

Didier
didier n is offline Find More Posts by didier n
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:40 AM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
info@littlescreamers.com <info@littlescreamers.com>

Try emailing them Didier.
info@littlescreamers.com <info@littlescreamers.com>

I have a little screamers Park Jet and Super Park Jet, they are both installed in a multiplex Pico Jet and a Tomhe Eurofighter.

I've had them for over a year but they are in super condition having hardly been flown and I would class them as New.

They cost me plenty to get them to the UK.

I don't rate them that highly to be honest and I have much more punch from the 2212/6 motors on 6x4.

They are a light weight motor for the power which is developed but they are weak metal on the critical stator openings. The shafts cannot be removed without damaging the grub screws as they are glued in too well.

My advice is don't bother with the little screamer and modify your model to accept a more popular and easily obtainable unit.

Regards. Noel
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:34 AM
Joined Aug 2006
89 Posts
Good luck with the e-mail. I e-mailed them two weeks ago and got no response. Their website also shows most everything out of stock.

I fear they're dead.

Unlike soundcheque, I liked them. At $40-50 or so US, I thought they were overpriced but Hobby Lobby often ran sales on them at $20-30. A purple peril at $19.99 was a heck of a deal.
efd840 is offline Find More Posts by efd840
Old Jun 30, 2010, 02:34 PM
dzejdzej
Czech Republic, Pardubice
Joined Oct 2008
51 Posts
Dear Didier,

I'm using PJS 3D400JET. It's very similar to the littlescreamer motor, I think also higher quality level. Price is below 40Euro and You have it directly in Europe/Czech Republic. Motor produces 700g on 3S with 6x4 APC propeller and 17Amps.
I bought the first one 3 years ago for T38 Talon. The motor is still like the new one, I flew with this plane may be 10 hours. I'm using only this motor in my planes. F14, F18 and L-159ALCA.
Web page of producer is here

http://www.pjs.cz/product_info.php?c...products_id=32

I recommend to buy also the TIE for easy motor installation using 10mm carbon tube, address here

http://www.pjs.cz/product_info.php?products_id=80

If You are interested how it looks in the model, visit my build log for L-159ALCA, address is here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=alca

I'm not personally connected to them, just I think it's a good product at very good price.

Jirka
jirkajiranek is offline Find More Posts by jirkajiranek
Old Jul 01, 2010, 06:13 AM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirkajiranek View Post
Dear Didier,

I'm using PJS 3D400JET. It's very similar to the littlescreamer motor, I think also higher quality level. Price is below 40Euro and You have it directly in Europe/Czech Republic. Motor produces 700g on 3S with 6x4 APC propeller and 17Amps.
I bought the first one 3 years ago for T38 Talon. The motor is still like the new one, I flew with this plane may be 10 hours. I'm using only this motor in my planes. F14, F18 and L-159ALCA.
Web page of producer is here

I'm not personally connected to them, just I think it's a good product at very good price.

Jirka
That's good info. This will also be better for me to purchase in the UK as the import taxes won't be as sky high as they are to obtain anything from USA.

I also got mine at sale price but the import taxes were the same price as the motor
When they arrived, the Super Park Jet was out of shape and the bell housing was fouling the windings. I emailed the supplier but never had a return mail.
The problem was fixed by gently bending the outer bell casing at the thin stator arms to get the thing to run true. This is what I mean by not being of high quality metal.

The motors definately look pretty and are very powerful but are very easily damaged in my opinion

As edf840 says I reckon that L'il Screamers have faded away.
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:32 PM
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
I've been in contact with Bob, and my motor will be replaced. He just got al lot of stuff going on at the moment, and that's why mails are not always directly responded too..
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:49 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
I've boxed up all my LSPJ and am running Grayson Hobbies SuperSonic V2's . Well worth the time to switch them out.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:54 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
I've boxed up all my LSPJ and am running Grayson Hobbies SuperSonic V2's . Well worth the time to switch them out.
Will the SS V2 use the same mount as the LSPJ?
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:08 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram View Post
Will the SS V2 use the same mount as the LSPJ?
Yep, I do believe they will. The LS has awesome power, yet they are very tricky , the SS V2 seams to be more user freindly. Mine just keep on going.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:55 AM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
811 Posts
Good to hear. I've owned a LS-JS and a LS-SPJ, I ran both of them as recommended and they both have burned up in a very short time. I was able to exchange one with Hobby-Lobby and tried to get warranty service on the SPJ but haven't been able to get in touch with LS.
dpowellmeii is online now Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old Feb 03, 2012, 06:33 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpowellmeii View Post
tried to get warranty service on the SPJ but haven't been able to get in touch with LS.
Scott is out of business
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:22 PM
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Scott is out of business
Grrr. now what would be a good replacement??
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:03 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didier n View Post
Grrr. now what would be a good replacement??
Did you burn one up? Which one? What are you looking for?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
I smoked one LS super park jet.. have some HK on it now, but not the same performance as the LSSPJ.. they were great and lasted quite long in my case..
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:36 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didier n View Post
I smoked one LS super park jet.. have some HK on it now, but not the same performance as the LSSPJ.. they were great and lasted quite long in my case..
I just re-wound a LS SPJ. It's pretty easy and works great. You could get the materials to do this for less than $20.