New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2015, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,765 Posts
I'll find something similar to that then, I run more into the $30 motors than the $60 motors Especially since there's a real chance that I have 70mph thumbs to try and fly a 100mph plane.

And Arc, you and mopar have been great resources on the Stryker, though you guys breathe CF reinforcement and fiberglass, I'm not there yet.
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2015, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by Woody_99
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
Oops.

Going to have to do something more rigid. The expensive mounts I'm not getting into, they're more cost than I have in the plane. Might go get an angle bracket and drill out the mount holes. Justgofly has some nice cheap options.
I had the same thing happen after removing the motor one time. In my case, when I removed the stock motor, I noticed a wrap of thin double sided tape around the back of the motor. I thought, no need for that.
Two stock mounts later, and scratching my head why were the tabs breaking off, I remembered the tape.
Reapplied one wrap of double sided scotch tape, and no problems since. I guess the tape helps to distribute the force around the mount instead of through the tabs alone.

On my non stock Stryker, I'm using that nice metal mount. Works perfectly too.

Woody_99 is online now Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old May 12, 2015, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post

And Arc, you and mopar have been great resources on the Stryker, though you guys breathe CF reinforcement and fiberglass, I'm not there yet.

Thanks for the kudos .
Unfortunately the fast Strykers, CF hotliners and my other models don't see much airtime anymore. Went all in on FPV miniQuads and I'm totally hooked
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old May 12, 2015, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Thanks for the kudos .
Unfortunately the fast Strykers, CF hotliners and my other models don't see much airtime anymore. Went all in on FPV miniQuads and I'm totally hooked
Heh, flying buddies have dragged me a bit that way, FPV nano QX, Nighthawk flown LOS awaiting fpv, printed tri-copter and a new HMB-235 waiting gear.

But I'm still getting a little enamored of some of these fast wing types I don't worry too much about bouncing, just trying to stay cheap where I can. If you were this side of the pond I'd try to liberate some of your old motors
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old May 12, 2015, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,523 Posts
F-27C Stryker - Beyond the Parkflyer

Haha! You might as well have managed to do so . Have fun and enjoy!
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; May 12, 2015 at 03:22 PM.