New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
FormulaZR is online now
Find More Posts by FormulaZR
Registered User
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined May 2008
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy05 View Post
3. Sullivan Tail wheel
I assume I need Sullivan gear bracket p/n S860 and wheel/tire p/n S352 or S353?
FormulaZR is online now Find More Posts by FormulaZR
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
Lumpy05 is online now
Find More Posts by Lumpy05
Registered User
Lumpy05's Avatar
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Jan 2012
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip View Post
Lumpy,
Can you give us an idea of what problems and concerns you have run into while flying on floats from water? I'm going to put on my floats but don't want to run into unexpected problems on the lake. Not sure I'll have a good retrieval system...and I don't swim that well anymore.

Thanks,
Bert
No unexpected problems it flys great on floats. Probably done 3 dozen flights on water with no issues. That being said I would have some plan in place just in case something goes wrong.
Lumpy05 is online now Find More Posts by Lumpy05
Last edited by Lumpy05; Yesterday at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Lumpy05 is online now
Find More Posts by Lumpy05
Registered User
Lumpy05's Avatar
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Jan 2012
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
I assume I need Sullivan gear bracket p/n S860 and wheel/tire p/n S352 or S353?
I don't recall the part numbers but that looks right. My tail wheel is 1 1/4".
Lumpy05 is online now Find More Posts by Lumpy05
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM
FormulaZR is online now
Find More Posts by FormulaZR
Registered User
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined May 2008
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy05 View Post
I don't recall the part numbers but that looks right. My tail wheel is 1 1/4".
Ok, that p/n I posted was the Sullivan bracket for 5-12 lb models. Seems like the Cub is right in there?


I have a few boats and float planes. I would definitely recommend having a rescue craft of some type. You can get almost any cheap RTR boat and if you need to make it bigger use PVC. If not a rescue craft, a rod and reel with a tennis ball works pretty well if you are close-ish to shore.
FormulaZR is online now Find More Posts by FormulaZR
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:26 AM
Lumpy05 is online now
Find More Posts by Lumpy05
Registered User
Lumpy05's Avatar
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Jan 2012
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
Ok, that p/n I posted was the Sullivan bracket for 5-12 lb models. Seems like the Cub is right in there?


I have a few boats and float planes. I would definitely recommend having a rescue craft of some type. You can get almost any cheap RTR boat and if you need to make it bigger use PVC. If not a rescue craft, a rod and reel with a tennis ball works pretty well if you are close-ish to shore.
Yes Cub is right in there ~8 lbs w/ battery if memory serves me.
Lumpy05 is online now Find More Posts by Lumpy05
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite Carbon-Z Splendor BNF ChuckTseeker Sport Planes 3076 Today 06:07 AM
For Sale E-FLITE BL25 POWER 25 BRUSHLESS MOTOR CARBON-Z $57 shipped 3drcparts Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Apr 08, 2013 12:16 AM
For Sale NIB E-Flite Carbon-Z Yak Servo Cobra68 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Jan 27, 2013 05:02 PM
Sold E-flite Carbon-Z Yak 54 PNP *LPU* jjohns51 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jan 06, 2013 02:37 PM