SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by Charlie Tsang
Joined Jan 2015
9 Posts
now the A2 GPS Pro Plus is available, what's new?
Charlie Tsang is offline Find More Posts by Charlie Tsang
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Tsang View Post
now the A2 GPS Pro Plus is available, what's new?
New receiver that now has two GPS systems not just one. GPS lock in as little as 10 seconds. You will want it.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Tradecraft Case for the Inspire
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:38 PM
Find More Posts by eirlink
Ireland
Joined Mar 2013
4,751 Posts
The new GPS pro plus is amazing. I have it and my A2 is glued in place in the air.

Pirouettes are locked solid. This is one top upgrade that you will not regret getting.
eirlink is online now Find More Posts by eirlink
Old May 02, 2015, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by Vlodek9
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,369 Posts
A2 questions

Hi all,

I finally have time to work on a project that started a year ago. This project includes the A2.

So far so good, everything seems to be working during all my bench tests.
However, I’m use to Naza and some of the observations I made on the A2, are new to me. So I have some questions/comments that need confirmation to give me the warm and fuzzies before my first flight.

My setup is:
Oct X copter (Foxtech K-130)
DJI A2 Firmware 2.4) with IOSD and Datalink
Spectrum DX18 (using A2 built in receiver)

Bench test ONLY, no props, limited GPS
Questions:

In manual mode the motors act like they are in “Intelligent Cut Off” (won’t stop spinning with 0 throttle).
I can’t find where I can change that to “Immediately Cut Off" on the A2. Where is that option in the assistant software 1.4 for the A2?

2. Played a bit with the IOC. Per manual, when the LED (Purple) blinks fast 6 times, that means “Aircraft is in the 8m range of HP”. Is it normal for it to still blink the same sequence and color when I switch the IOC in the OFF position?

3. Go Home Switch. In the assistant software, it indicates that my Go Home 2 position Switch is working properly. But when I bench test it, there are no lights or indications that I told the A2 to go home via the switch. Feels like there should be some kind of visual indication that this mode is on while flying but there is not.
Is this normal or should I see some kind of LED code letting me know that I enabled the “Go Home”?

4. Per manual, there are 4 CSC methods to arm and disarm the motors. For some reason I can only get 3 out of the 4 to work. Method CSC3 (in manual) aka ^ does not work on my system. Recalibrate the controls 3 times with same results. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Please confirm:
Is this still the recommended process for calibrating ESC with the A2 receiver (Spectrum) on Firmware 2.4?

1 Connect the reciever via USB with the A2 assist and map d1-d4 to your throttle.
2 Disconnect the USB to the reciever.
3 Connect your ESCs to F1-F4. Make sure that the motors are connected to the ESCs.

************* If you have BEC style ESCs make sure to disconnect the positive lead from the ESC BEFORE powering up *******************
************* DJI recievers are designed to work with OPTO ESCs only!!! ************************************************** ***

4 Power up the transmitter set the throttle to max.
5 power up the reciever and ESCs using a flight battery ( make sure you have the props off !!)
6 you will hear the standard ESC 123 tone followed by a pause and a single beep.
7 lower the throttle to minimum you will hear another beep followed by the ESC 123 tone and another tone ( varies with ESC brand it seems )
8 Repeat for any additional ESCs.
9 Remember to reset the mapping in your reciever.

I think that is all.
Thank you for any help in advance.
Rob
Vlodek9 is offline Find More Posts by Vlodek9
Last edited by Vlodek9; May 02, 2015 at 03:00 PM.
Old May 10, 2015, 04:05 AM
Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
A new firmware update (V2.5) is now available for A2

A new firmware update (V2.5) is now available for A2. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/a2/download to download the latest assistant software and update your A2.

Overview:
All-in-One Firmware version updated to: V2.5

Major Updates:
Firmware
 Added support for Zenmuse gimbal channel control, allowing users to control the aircraft and gimbal using a single remote.
 Modified Home Lock control mode that creates a no-fly zone of 10m radius around Home Point. This is to prevent the pilot from becoming disorientated.
 Added data recording for GNSS coordinates and aircraft attitude. Use the latest iOSD Data Viewer to export this data for post-processing.
 Fixed PC ground station display and waypoint related issues.
 Changed the default action for the first level voltage alarm from a flashing light to RTH.
 Fixed heading problem during initialization when using the GPS-COMP-PRO-PLUS module.

Software
 Added a Zenmuse channel page to the PC Assistant.
 Display GPS SNR Health and SNR Fluctuation status in the DJI Assistant and iPad Ground Station.

User Manual
 Added information on connecting the gimbal to the CAN2 port and relevant channel mapping.
 Added description of GPS SNR Health and SNR Fluctuation.

Notes:
(1) The gimbalís firmware should be updated as below:
a) H3-3D GCU V1.12 or above,
b) Z15-5D GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,
c) Z15-5D Ⅱ GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,
d) Z15-GH3 GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,
e) Z15-GH4 GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,
f) Z15-BMPCC GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.12 or above,
g) Z15-5N, Z15-GH2, Z15-7N and Z15-5R do not support connection with CAN2 port.
(2) Backup parameters before each upgrade since the parameters may be reset during upgrade. When upgrade is complete, check the configuration of A2 controller unit then unlock the controller unit in A2 Assistant.
(3) Once upgraded, calibration parameters saved in the A2 controller unit will be cleared. Recalibrating the IMU and the compass is required.
(4) Use with the latest version of the DJI A2 Assistant Software, Ground Station and gimbal firmware.

Introduction video:
New A2 Firmware (V2.5) Introduction (3 min 12 sec)
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old May 19, 2015, 05:57 AM
Find More Posts by jarlel
Joined Oct 2014
47 Posts
A2 v 2.5 with DJI Lightbridge

Hi!

How will the new A2 v2.5 firmware affect the way the Lightbridge works with a Zenmuse gimbal?

Do we still configure the mapping through the Lightbridge software as before?

Is it possible to get more channels than before?
jarlel is online now Find More Posts by jarlel
Old May 19, 2015, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlel View Post
Hi!

How will the new A2 v2.5 firmware affect the way the Lightbridge works with a Zenmuse gimbal?

Do we still configure the mapping through the Lightbridge software as before?

Is it possible to get more channels than before?
I would confirm my mapping in the LB Assistant then in the A2 Assistant.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Tradecraft Case for the Inspire
Old May 24, 2015, 06:45 AM
Find More Posts by Kitdze
Kazakhstan, Almaty
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Macro Photo inside DJI A2 FC and DJI Compass PRO Plus:

Kitdze is offline Find More Posts by Kitdze