New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2013, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by AidoSsy
Joined May 2013
11 Posts
Discussion
is it dangerous to cut small triangle in the wing to fit retracts?

Hi...
I'm new in this forum and i would like to have your opinion for a problem i have or maybe better... a solution...

Lately i bought a set of electric retracts to my hangar 9 spitfire , which did not fit to my plane...

While fitting it i hat to cut a triangle hole in the bottom side of the wing, as can be seen in the pictures.

I'm am afraid that a air that will go into the wing will tear the wing a part.

What shell i do?

I did not fit the other wheel since i did not no if to do the same or to remove the triangle part from the retracts...
AidoSsy is offline Find More Posts by AidoSsy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2013, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by Thermalin
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,731 Posts
Box it in from underneath... I would not keep an open area like that. The wing won't be torn apart but don't want to have a large hole there either...
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin