SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Do you think Global Warming is caused by Mankinds burning of fossil fuels?
Yes, it is caused by fossil fuels 235 34.81%
Not sure 78 11.56%
No it is not cause by fossil fuels 362 53.63%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM
JumpySticks is online now
Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Frankly, science is not "proof", it is abstraction.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM
H2SO4 is offline
Find More Posts by H2SO4
Mixmasta belongum jeezus kraes
H2SO4's Avatar
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Since none demystify the entire universe, none have disproven the existence of a God who created/creates/is (depending upon the brand of theology one prefers) the natural laws under which all things exist.

I contend that the ratio is infinitesimally small.
It would be a sad day if science could demystify "the entire universe".

Unicorns haven't been disproved either, and there's just as much evidence that they "created the natural laws under which all things exist", i.e. none whatsoever.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM
MtnGoat is online now
Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Tu ne cede malis
MtnGoat's Avatar
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Frankly, science is not "proof", it is abstraction.
It's even better than that...the real core is merely permanent theory which has the ability to be falsified, but is not yet falsified
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM
JumpySticks is online now
Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Nah, I never said that, nor did I ever deny that plenty of scientists over the eons have been deeply religious. It used to be the default state for a human being.

However, given how far we have advanced, nowadays the remaining hugely religious types tend to be tards of the Ken Ham variety.
So you move the goal posts even further.

I guess that is a sufficient retreat of your position for one night.

No idea who is Ken Ham, but you seem to be an expert on locating oddballs upon which to model strawmen. Enjoy your bonfire.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM
JumpySticks is online now
Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
It would be a sad day if science could demystify "the entire universe".

Unicorns haven't been disproved either, and there's just as much evidence that they "created the natural laws under which all things exist", i.e. none whatsoever.
Work on that ratio problem and get back with us.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM
H2SO4 is offline
Find More Posts by H2SO4
Mixmasta belongum jeezus kraes
H2SO4's Avatar
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
So you move the goal posts even further.

I guess that is a sufficient retreat of your position for one night.

No idea who is Ken Ham, but you seem to be an expert on locating oddballs upon which to model strawmen. Enjoy your bonfire.
Look him up, it's worth it. I laughed so hard I lost bladder control the first time I saw pictures of his dinosaurs-with-saddles exhibit.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM
JumpySticks is online now
Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
It's even better than that...the real core is merely permanent theory which has the ability to be falsified, but is not yet falsified
Same thing, except the permanent is a stretch.

Paradigm shift is the most exciting part of science IMHO.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM
H2SO4 is offline
Find More Posts by H2SO4
Mixmasta belongum jeezus kraes
H2SO4's Avatar
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Work on that ratio problem and get back with us.
I note your frequent use of the word "us" here on this thread. It conveys a sense of camaraderie and belonging, which is presumably not to be relied upon out there in the big bad world of climate science.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
JumpySticks is online now
Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Work on that ratio problem and get back with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
I note your frequent use of the word "us" here on this thread. It conveys a sense of camaraderie and belonging, which is presumably not to be relied upon out there in the big bad world of climate science.
How frequent? Got examples?

If you share the answer to the ratio of known/unknown here, you will be sharing it with everyone, so "us" is appropriate in this case.

I expect crickets since 97% of questions you are asked remain ignored in favor of some form of ad hom diversion.

No rush. Tomorrow is fine.

Good night, Sleep tight!
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Last edited by JumpySticks; Yesterday at 11:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:08 AM
robogizzard is online now
Find More Posts by robogizzard
Registered User
Joined May 2014
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
I note your frequent use of the word "us" here on this thread. It conveys a sense of camaraderie and belonging, which is presumably not to be relied upon out there in the big bad world of climate science.
You know what is interesting? You will not find people such as yourself or any religious co2 control proponents in the big bad world of climate science; they tend to be a bit more reserved.

You will also not hear the word denier used in those groups. That is one of many differences between the publics' media driven science education and the real world.
robogizzard is online now Find More Posts by robogizzard
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM
Roto Rob is online now
Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Registered User
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
How frequent? Got examples?

If you share the answer to the ratio of known/unknown here, you will be sharing it with everyone, so "us" is appropriate in this case.

I expect crickets since 97% of questions you are asked remain ignored in favor of some form of ad hom diversion.

No rush. Tomorrow is fine.

Good night, Sleep tight!
You will be waiting awhile if the answer takes as long as this unanswered question.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=37644
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:04 PM
Deadstick 8409 is online now
Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Registered User
Deadstick 8409's Avatar
Joined May 2010
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard View Post
You know what is interesting? You will not find people such as yourself or any religious co2 control proponents in the big bad world of climate science; they tend to be a bit more reserved.

You will also not hear the word denier used in those groups. That is one of many differences between the publics' media driven science education and the real world.
And what color glasses do you wear?
Deadstick 8409 is online now Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:09 PM
robogizzard is online now
Find More Posts by robogizzard
Registered User
Joined May 2014
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409 View Post
And what color glasses do you wear?
Clear/gray transition lenses normally. Or wiley x ballistic glasses for dangerous activities.

What about you?
robogizzard is online now Find More Posts by robogizzard
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 PM
Deadstick 8409 is online now
Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Registered User
Deadstick 8409's Avatar
Joined May 2010
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
You will be waiting awhile if the answer takes as long as this unanswered question.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=37644
"Some non-scientists who deny man-made global warming have pointed to satellite temperature records, which only go back to 1979, that show a warming world but no record this year and less of a recent increase than the longer-term ground thermometers. But Mann, Dessler, Francis and others say there have been quality and trustworthy issues with some satellite measurements and they only show what's happening far above the ground."
Deadstick 8409 is online now Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:23 PM
madsci_guy is online now
Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,322 Posts
Good ol' Mann, the Hockey Stick King, who thought nothing of hiding data when it didn't fit the paradigm. Yeah, like he's reliable.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Human Caused Global Warming is Offically A Religion- Earth 2100 Lightnin Life, The Universe, and Politics 29 Aug 21, 2014 11:57 PM
Discussion What do you think caused the ice ages? Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 71 Jun 24, 2014 03:21 AM
Discussion who do you think you are? Aaron 1 Life, The Universe, and Politics 30 Feb 25, 2013 07:39 PM
Discussion Sad to be posting here. What do you think caused this? ndb8fxe Crash Discussion 8 Feb 28, 2009 09:57 PM
Discussion A complete list of things caused by global warming Viper Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Apr 24, 2008 06:42 PM