Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2004, 01:57 PM
GO THE DOLPHIN!
Central North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
839 Posts
Dare Hobby Halberstadt, nearly finished...

Oh man, after seeing some of the beautiful planes in 'scale modeling' I'm not sure I want to post here.

I needed a scale model in my hangar, and I needed a WWI bipe. So here it is. I've had it for 6 months, had a real hard time starting the kit(when they say advanced, they mean advanced!) I know it's not perfectly scale, as I've taken a few liberties here and there for functionality and personal preference. I still need to do all the cockpit work, and finish some bits here and there(notice the stealth rudder) but it's taking shape finally. Bear in mind I haven't attempted anything scale in 10 years or more, lol.

Since I don't see too many, I thought I'd post it.

Dare Hobby Halberstadt CII
WS 27 inches, wing area 180 inē
IPS S2 with 7.5x5 prop
micro servos/rx/esc
Kokam 340 2s or Etec 250 2s depending on cg
6oz AUW
ndflicks is offline Find More Posts by ndflicks
Last edited by ndflicks; Dec 03, 2004 at 02:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2004, 05:01 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndflicks
Oh man, after seeing some of the beautiful planes in 'scale modeling' I'm not sure I want to post here.

After seeing yours I'm not sure that I'm in the right forum anymore...

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Dec 03, 2004, 06:18 PM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
Your plane looks great. More pics please so we can see all the work you put into it. Dave
dottney is offline Find More Posts by dottney
Old Dec 03, 2004, 06:50 PM
GO THE DOLPHIN!
Central North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
839 Posts
Thanks guys,

Tim, do you remember when it was sticks?! Sure came together fast! I'm going to get a little more done on it and post some clearer pics of details as soon as possible, assuming my wife hustles the camera from work.

PS... I hope my statement about the beautiful planes and not wanting to post made sense. I am just amazed by some of what I see and know that MY modeling skills are simply inferior when compared to you guys.
ndflicks is offline Find More Posts by ndflicks
Last edited by ndflicks; Dec 03, 2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2004, 04:03 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
2,954 Posts
you can think that way if you want to--but after seeing your plane-i think you ought to re consider!! thats beautiful man!!

more pics please!!

Tim Morris
ZRS4 is offline Find More Posts by ZRS4