HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:49 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
HELLO SOLaris I had to go down to the store this moring . Check out there tanks . I found out they did not have any of the boards your asking about Only the older ones that you all ready have.. I will still keep an eye for ya . Sorry I wish I could have help. DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:36 AM
EDF there is no Substitute
USA, SAN DIEGO
Joined Oct 2007
52 Posts
Thanks for the info regarding the HL parts. I managed to find a few of them on ebay. I'm planning on using a DX7 radio and ar6100 receiver.

I'll post some pictures of the smoke/sound upgrade when finished.
solaris3000 is offline Find More Posts by solaris3000
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:09 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
OK Not a problem I am sure your right for I am dealing with the first genteration tanks I think. BUT I am being able to make them work. I have a close friend that lives in LA . SHe ane her son are from Germany. I ask her if I sent those plans or drawings down to her or even sent the german words could she send them back in English . That will not be a problem So I may be able to still figure it out. Thank you for your kindness any way. I am keeping all of the drawings and information you have sent out for I am sure it will help me later.. What i am finding bad on those boards are the motors. or the boards. So far I have had to switch out 2 of them in the last couple of months. ALso have found bad track motors . a couple of bad off and on switchs.. THE only thing I still cant figure out and still trying is how the guns are set up to fire . I hook up the wires whear I think they should go and still nothing so I still have to play with one tank and stiff try to figure it out . So I am having fun and learning along the way. At leasts it my wife knows whear I am and I stay out of trouble ;-)) Thanks DON
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:47 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris3000 View Post
Thanks for the info regarding the HL parts. I managed to find a few of them on ebay. I'm planning on using a DX7 radio and ar6100 receiver.

I'll post some pictures of the smoke/sound upgrade when finished.
What system are you installing? I just installed my DBC2HL with usb soundcard. It works great.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:49 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
OK I have the DX 6 and a couple of recviers what speed controll are you going to use and how are you going to set it up . I have been trying to figure that out for a wile now but I am useing the older boards in the tanks. Would it work with the older boards??
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:50 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
ok IF IT WOULD HOW DO I SET IT ALL UP If can I can use the older board?? . THANKS
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:04 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
What board do you have(works with rx13/rx14/rx18)? Do you have smoke & sound tank? Easiest way is if you have a Rx18.
Last edited by Oracus; Dec 08, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:32 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
THE boards I use are the old stock HL boards that I just posted on Pg 2. I have trying to figure out how to set them up with a spekrum for a wile now. JUST NOT sure . I have the RC back grown in dealing with ships and how to set them up scale ships and RC racing Electric. BUT when it comes to the tanks I am kind of lost trying to do some changing . Manly how to set up for driving the tanks the rest I have a good idea . BUT setting up a car or ship speed controll that is whear I am lost. As YOU have seen from other post tank wise I have only played with the stock boards. IF I could figure out how to set up the stock boards for the driving of the tank that would be grate. I an not good at figuring how to do the changing over from there boards to a speckrun set up. I am well use to the standard RC set ups. So can any one help. THEN Later I want to at lest set one tank up with an inforred system down the road so I can do battle with others . . DON thanks s
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:49 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
The boards will be marked TK01 for non smoke & sound tanks OR rx13,rx14 for older STOCK boards!
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
OK Whear are they mark now your teaching me ;-)) BUT that will give me a start . Then I will have to figure out how to wire one up by using a DX 6 speckrum reciver and the rest can you help me there ? Maybe with your help I may be able to set one up with with out costing me alot of the that green . Thanks
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:19 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
To use no heng long radios you need a DBC, SLU, Mako, Clark or similar unit. I use the DBC(about $50)which is Tamiya IR compatible.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:21 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Rx-13 with ID stamp

Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:06 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,802 Posts
OK now that helps alot . I will look to see what I am useing. I have a sample I can look at. NOW between the wireing sheets you have . I guess the rest will be up to me. Maybe I can figure out how to do the speed controll with the speckrum reciver? I just have to figure out what wires go whear.. Unless you can help me there but I have a feeling it will be that board. So the next queston do you have a wireing diagram for that board.? just asking but I am now learning more just today just from you with in the last few hours. if I can figure it out I will post it with Pictures.. Thank you. so kindly. Don