HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:28 PM
United States, TN, Moscow
Joined Oct 2003
39 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Nightmare

Where can people post on here to let people know to steer clear of any dealings with Hobby King? Judging from the ads, they seem to own this website.
Crater Maker is offline Find More Posts by Crater Maker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:56 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,409 Posts
It's quite well known that you take your chances dealing with them. I've not had any problems using them though I've not bought any planes from them.

To answer your question though http://www.rcgroups.com/other-websites-257/ would probably be appropriate.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:00 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
No problems here either. Sorry you had trouble.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:13 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,033 Posts
46 orders and counting, and no problems here. Just the slow shipping on Lipo batteries. No failed products yet, but we are not done yet either.
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
12 HK planes w/o any issues THAT I couldn't fix...

HK is NOT for beginners.. Their planes all need a little something here or there.
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Oct 2003
39 Posts
Trust me, I'm not a beginner. Over 30 years in the hobby.
I have always scratch built and kit built large scale planes.
I decided to try out the XUAV P-38 from HK. It came in and had all kinds of problems. Email after email to get replacement parts was getting no where. They kept saying the parts were on the way, yet never seem to make it here. This has gone on for 4 months.
I finally got them to issue an RMA number and returned the plane and battery. 2 weeks later one of the replacement parts arrived, still not what is needed to put the plane together, but it doesn't matter. They have the plane and battery I returned with their RMA number.
They aknowledged they have it back, but now refuse to send another or return my money.
They say the parts they sent have fixed my issue.
Only issue I have now is no plane and no money.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:59 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,854 Posts
Why not tell them direct, they have a forum in the Vedors section -

http://www.rcgroups.com/hobbyking-441/
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Oct 2003
39 Posts
Cool, That's what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater Maker View Post
Trust me, I'm not a beginner. Over 30 years in the hobby.
I have always scratch built and kit built large scale planes.
I decided to try out the XUAV P-38 from HK. It came in and had all kinds of problems. Email after email to get replacement parts was getting no where. They kept saying the parts were on the way, yet never seem to make it here. This has gone on for 4 months.
I finally got them to issue an RMA number and returned the plane and battery. 2 weeks later one of the replacement parts arrived, still not what is needed to put the plane together, but it doesn't matter. They have the plane and battery I returned with their RMA number.
They aknowledged they have it back, but now refuse to send another or return my money.
They say the parts they sent have fixed my issue.
Only issue I have now is no plane and no money.
I trust no one, haha...

Is there a thread on that plane in rcgroups? If not, start one and warn the rest of us about THAT plane... HK sells lots of planes. Some good, some bad, some pure junk..I only consider planes that do have threads...I think that's why I've had better luck than you... My HK Fokker DR1 came with a binding motor. I bought a $12 replacement and continued on. Total cost was still a bargain...Better luck next time or simply stick to what you know...
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Oct 2003
39 Posts
Stick to what I know?
I know when a plane has a cowl in the box from a totally different plane.
I know when the plastic parts for the prop are only half formed in the mold and you can only put one prop out of three on either one of the motors.
I know when I see one of the legs from the retracts broken off and thrown in the box.
I know how to count. One spinner in a kit for a twin engine airplane.
I know when a servo is glued in upside down with the output shaft pushed into the foam so it would go in the hole.

Even someone like you could figure out there is a problem with this plane.

You keep right on buying and rebuying parts to fix your Hobby King junk.
Better luck? lol Yeah, that's pretty lucky.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:17 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I am so sorry that this post upset some of our wonderful group of rc pilots. I had to delete everything i typed.WOW!!!! I got one point so why not two?? Even in as a wonderfuly nice place as this there seem to be alot of people that have a part of their anatomy that they love to have highlighted.........2 strike Dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Last edited by zeezee; Oct 02, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:24 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
I have ordered twice from HK and twice I have gotten what I ordered, albeit it took some time for me to get the products. Usually two weeks at the earliest. Bottom line is, people buy from HK because of price, not necessarily quality. Buy cheap, you get cheap.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:53 PM
Victoria B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2007
217 Posts
Nothing else to say
robbthepilot is offline Find More Posts by robbthepilot
Last edited by robbthepilot; Oct 20, 2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: moderated
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:47 PM View Post
Crater Maker
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while Crater Maker edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:56 PM View Post
Crater Maker
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Group attack). It is temporarily hidden while Crater Maker edits it. Show it to me anyway.